ebi.ebrahimi's Posts

ebi.ebrahimi's Posts

Hi guys, Is it possible to install an idrac card on a R620. We tried everything but no luck to make its iDRAC work . the fans are working in 100% power and recently I lost one of my hard disks. ... See more...
Hi guys, Is it possible to install an idrac card on a R620. We tried everything but no luck to make its iDRAC work . the fans are working in 100% power and recently I lost one of my hard disks. 2k Thanks for any idea .
Hi, Thanks for your advise but it doesnt work. Is it possible to install an iDrac card on this server  if yes which model ?  Thanks again
Hey guys, after searching on this issue for a couple days and trying everything possible, I'm out of ideas. We have a Dell R620 that is experiencing some kind of iDRAC failure. It complains of initia... See more...
Hey guys, after searching on this issue for a couple days and trying everything possible, I'm out of ideas. We have a Dell R620 that is experiencing some kind of iDRAC failure. It complains of initialization errors, communication errors, and the Lifecycle controller being disabled. I've tried the "remove the power and let it sit, or hold the power button for 10 seconds" trick. I've updated all firmware that the system will allow me to update. I am unable to update the BIOS or iDRAC firmware from Windows.  I can't find a utility that will update the iDRAC from DOS. The system will still boot after a long delay and a couple F1 keys, but the fans run 100%. Anyway, it seems as though we're looking at needing a new motherboard, as the iDRAC on these is integrated directly on the board(briliant Idea!!!). My problem is that the support has lapsed, and my company is currently in a purchasing freeze. Does anybody know if it's possible to just disable this thing, or maybe install a new iDRAC card along with the on-board card to get this resolve without a motherboard replacement? and second question ; is there any problem if I continue using it like that ? Thanks for your help