Just K's Posts

Just K's Posts

Hello, I have a simple newbie question regarding the SSD that came from my XPS 15 9560. The SSD is called SK Hynix PC401 NVME 500GB, thought to be better than the common PC300. However my confusion ... See more...
Hello, I have a simple newbie question regarding the SSD that came from my XPS 15 9560. The SSD is called SK Hynix PC401 NVME 500GB, thought to be better than the common PC300. However my confusion is, are NVME's the same as PCIe? Or say, do all NVME's use PCIe? I am trying to find out if this is a NVME PCIe or just plain NVME. Replies are a great help! Thanks!
Battery life for me is mediocre, I am not complaining, after all its only 42 Wh. Anyway, I sold my Inspiron 7570 to a friend at purchase price. Popping still present. Flickering gone, resolved by upd... See more...
Battery life for me is mediocre, I am not complaining, after all its only 42 Wh. Anyway, I sold my Inspiron 7570 to a friend at purchase price. Popping still present. Flickering gone, resolved by updating the nvidia and intel graphics.
The conputer I ordered is made to order, not a shelf one. But I thought that everything that comes from manufacturing in China goes to HQ in Texas first then ground delivery to Canada.
Dear Dell, I ordered an XPS 15 because I love Dell products (ive owned 3 already). I placed my order March 5th with an estimated delivery date of March 20th. Now 21st and I have not received my devic... See more...
Dear Dell, I ordered an XPS 15 because I love Dell products (ive owned 3 already). I placed my order March 5th with an estimated delivery date of March 20th. Now 21st and I have not received my device, has not even crossed border (Im from Canada), so I dont have info about the whereabouts of the computer. I understand there are delays and such, as long as Dell lets me know, but they did not. I reached out to a bunch of sales reps from email to chat, and they could not give me a clear detail of whats happening. They keep telling me ground shipping takes 4-5 business days to reach Canada, but for me its been 7 business days now, thats a week an a half. Then the other reps told me to wait until tomorrow then after tomorrow again. They can't even share to me the US tracking number going to Canada. My excitement is gone and I have the feeling Im not going to order from Dell again. Thanks for listening to my short story. Have a good day everyone.
@DaveFran wrote: Have you had any resolution to this issue? I have exactly the same problem. Hi, which problems did you have? I have not received any support from this issue, but so far I have ... See more...
@DaveFran wrote: Have you had any resolution to this issue? I have exactly the same problem. Hi, which problems did you have? I have not received any support from this issue, but so far I have forgotten about it. 1. Popping sound is still there. I assume it is some electricity running through the system. 2. Pixelating while video went away, or at most happens only 10% of the time. I switched my battery performance to highest. I came by a thread that suggested this fix. 3. No more flickering in the display. I reinstalled most of my drivers. So far, I am very happy about my computer. No further problems.
Im hoping someone can assist me with this.
Hi Dell community, I have the device for less than a month and I am experiencing alarming issues with it, note that I have updated all the drivers manually thru Dell website and Windows update. Pleas... See more...
Hi Dell community, I have the device for less than a month and I am experiencing alarming issues with it, note that I have updated all the drivers manually thru Dell website and Windows update. Please let me enumerate: 1. Occasional popping sound from the laptop. Im sure its not from the speaker as its on 0 volume. It happens when turning on/off Bluetooth or location, or sometimes randomly when clicking apps. 2. Watching videos thru youtube or vlc have occasional lags/freeze and "pixelating" when coming back. I use 64bit VLC @ 1080p video. 3. Laptop has random lags/freezes and single screen flicker. I have the latest Intel UHD and NVidia graphics drivers. I have resetted my laptop twice, none resolved the issues. Thank you!