vishnueesyr7's Posts

vishnueesyr7's Posts

The problem persisted with legacy boot enabled and Secure boot disabled. Also, I tried Ubuntu 16.04 in UEFI mode and it works like a charm. I also doubt that my debian installation image is corrupte... See more...
The problem persisted with legacy boot enabled and Secure boot disabled. Also, I tried Ubuntu 16.04 in UEFI mode and it works like a charm. I also doubt that my debian installation image is corrupted because I used the same bootable USB to install Debian in one of my another laptop. Anyway thank you for your reply. If you think it's appropriate to close this discussion to save member's time and effort, I will be happy to do.
I have a Dell XPS 8900 with 1TB Toshiba HDD and 256GB M.2 SSD, that came pre-installed from the inventory. No modifications or upgrades whatsoever. I removed the Windows 10 completely and decided to ... See more...
I have a Dell XPS 8900 with 1TB Toshiba HDD and 256GB M.2 SSD, that came pre-installed from the inventory. No modifications or upgrades whatsoever. I removed the Windows 10 completely and decided to install Debian 9 on the 256GB SSD with 1TB for data storage purposes. The partition is as follows: 220GB for root, 32GB for swap and 500MB for EFI. The installation process was successful and I went straight back into BIOS setup, enabled UEFI boot, disabled Legacy and secure boot options. When I tried to boot into my system again, it goes straight into "No bootable devices found page. Press F1...". I ran the diagnostics and it came up clean with no issues at all. I even switched from RAID On to AHCI, but no luck. All I want my system is to just run Debian 9 peacefully on the SSD. Can anyone please help me through this problem? Thanks in advance !.