Possum1080's Posts

Possum1080's Posts

Thanks fireberd I will burn Windows 10 ISO to a DVD just in case I need it when doing the fresh install. Its going to be interesting if the USB Windows install wont work. We shall see.  With regard... See more...
Thanks fireberd I will burn Windows 10 ISO to a DVD just in case I need it when doing the fresh install. Its going to be interesting if the USB Windows install wont work. We shall see.  With regards to USB flash drives, no problem using with the Optiplex and also the wireless dongle for the wireless mouse set up no problems at all.  Cheers  
Greetings All,  I will be formatting the Hard drive on my  Optiplex 760 and reinstalling Windows 10 as a fresh install. I have downloaded and installed the Windows 10 through the Windows creation m... See more...
Greetings All,  I will be formatting the Hard drive on my  Optiplex 760 and reinstalling Windows 10 as a fresh install. I have downloaded and installed the Windows 10 through the Windows creation media method, all complete to a USB drive. However I have just seen on YouTube that for an older computer it is suggested to download the Windows 10 ISO to a DVD disc for a more clean install. Could anybody please advise, USB or the DVD medium for the reinstall? Thank You  
Hi Alasdair,  Thanks for the advise with the Spec details I need for replacing the hard drive in my Dell Optiplex 760. Best Regards
Greetings All, Hard Drive 3.5" Seagate Barracuda 7200.10  250 GB is the hard drive in my Optilex 760. I wish to replace the hard drive because of freezing, unable to reset Windows 10, which stayed ... See more...
Greetings All, Hard Drive 3.5" Seagate Barracuda 7200.10  250 GB is the hard drive in my Optilex 760. I wish to replace the hard drive because of freezing, unable to reset Windows 10, which stayed at 29 % for 3.5 hours. Also I have tired many diagnostic fixes, all won't complete fix. My question is: I will be replacing the drive with a 500 GB's so, do I try and source a Seagate Barracuda brand or take the 7200.10 as a bench mark with another brand of hard drive I can source?  Cheers    
Thanks Jesse for your help. Your post certainly gives me all the information I need. Cheers
Greetings All,   My gifted Optilex 760 has installed 2 GB of ddr 2 800 Hmz.  Would 2 Adata ddr2 of 2 GB 800 Hmz modules be suitable for my computer or does the ram modules have to be the same brand... See more...
Greetings All,   My gifted Optilex 760 has installed 2 GB of ddr 2 800 Hmz.  Would 2 Adata ddr2 of 2 GB 800 Hmz modules be suitable for my computer or does the ram modules have to be the same brand as the original ram installed by Dell. I am very new tech upgrades so any advice would be much appreciated. cheers