Chizeba's Posts

Chizeba's Posts

Just an update...Thank you so much for all your help. My laptop gave up on me. It went off and refused to show any signs of life, no matter how much I tried to start and restart it.  I resigned to h... See more...
Just an update...Thank you so much for all your help. My laptop gave up on me. It went off and refused to show any signs of life, no matter how much I tried to start and restart it.  I resigned to having a technician have a look at it and according to him the motherboard has a problem and might have to be replaced. Although I was not given exact details on what exactly is the problem with the motherboard.  I'll will try to get a second opinion and return with a definitive answer to what went wrong. 
Thanks so much for the help. I'll be sure to contact them. Seems like my system is running BIOS version A14. When I attempt to update the driver it says all is up to date.
I’m attempting to clean boot now. Followed all the steps. But I’ve come across another problem. When attempting to reboot, the screen showed the usual “Restarting” with the blue background, then the ... See more...
I’m attempting to clean boot now. Followed all the steps. But I’ve come across another problem. When attempting to reboot, the screen showed the usual “Restarting” with the blue background, then the screen went black as expected but hasn’t come back to life since. The same black screen problem as before only this time while attempting to restart. It’s been black for 30 mins now. I’ll be forced to physically shut down the laptop by long pressing the power button and repeat the process of turning it on and off repeatedly until I see the Dell logo and it boots normally.
The black screen can last for days, if Ieave it long enough (longest I've left it is 48hrs and it was still unresponsive). As the title the topic says, it continues indefinitely. I'll try to clean b... See more...
The black screen can last for days, if Ieave it long enough (longest I've left it is 48hrs and it was still unresponsive). As the title the topic says, it continues indefinitely. I'll try to clean boot and get back to you. Thanks for the help.
The black screen problem is still there. Although my system is a lot faster now, when it eventually decides to work.
I just tried that, I'm getting only one restore point from yesterday before I installed an application (I reinstalled Windows yesterday). There are no older restore points.
Hi, I ran a complete test, almost everything checked out except the battery, it is reaching the end of its lifetime.
Inspiron 5558 , Windows 10. Also just used the service tag to run diagnostic tests, no problems were brought up. Have not tried restarting as yet in fear of not being able to use my system. I atte... See more...
Inspiron 5558 , Windows 10. Also just used the service tag to run diagnostic tests, no problems were brought up. Have not tried restarting as yet in fear of not being able to use my system. I attempt to boot into the diagnostics now.
I have been having problems with my Dell Inspiron 5000. I shut it down a few weeks back and have been experiencing a plain black screen when I turn it on, no Dell symbol. I attempted removing all po... See more...
I have been having problems with my Dell Inspiron 5000. I shut it down a few weeks back and have been experiencing a plain black screen when I turn it on, no Dell symbol. I attempted removing all power sources and holding down the power button, reconnecting the A/C capable and powering the laptop up again. It worked initially but after attempting to restart the laptop the same issue started again and this time removing the battery and A/C power cable and holding down the power button didn’t work. I thought it could be a hardware problem with the screen itself but I noticed that repeatedly pressing the power button and turning the laptop on and off repeatedly would once in a while bring the laptop back to life and to my delight I’d see the Dell logo and be taken to system repair screen. When trying to repair and restart the laptop the same process described before would happen. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated