europa303's Posts

europa303's Posts

First, what model and number computer do you have?  The main hard drive is hard drive 0.  Does it show as enabled?  Are any other drives showing as available? And are you sure you are looking in the ... See more...
First, what model and number computer do you have?  The main hard drive is hard drive 0.  Does it show as enabled?  Are any other drives showing as available? And are you sure you are looking in the correct part of the bios setup program for enabling drives?  Did you replace your main hard drive or is this a secondary drive?  You answers will help the forum provide solutions.
These are next to impossible to find.  Run a google search, but --  sorry --  don't know that you will find a schematic.  Dell printers are typically made by Lexmark or Samsung and they seem to keep ... See more...
These are next to impossible to find.  Run a google search, but --  sorry --  don't know that you will find a schematic.  Dell printers are typically made by Lexmark or Samsung and they seem to keep the innards close to the vest.
I too have an old 3000, rarely used, but I fired it up to see and sure enough the floppy drive does light up momentarily as you describe, so I do believe things are in good order.  emoticon.Smile.tit... See more...
I too have an old 3000, rarely used, but I fired it up to see and sure enough the floppy drive does light up momentarily as you describe, so I do believe things are in good order.  emoticon.Smile.title
"Too big to succeed" is indeed a problem many large companies face. Way too many managers overseeing way too many departments with way too many under-trained staff.  I found Motorola to be the worst ... See more...
"Too big to succeed" is indeed a problem many large companies face. Way too many managers overseeing way too many departments with way too many under-trained staff.  I found Motorola to be the worst in this regard.  Pitney-Bowes too.  Dell undoubtedly is in there as well.  I suppose a lot of jobs are created along the way, which can be a good thing, but the stockholders suffer with that and then when word gets out about the poor service (Dell???) provided by these one-department-doesn't-know-what-the-other-department-is-doing hapless folks it only takes a turn for the worse every time and then, all too often, support is then sent offshore to cure the problem.  Ain't gonna cure anything that way.  As I see it, there is no way any large company can afford to pay for top-notch service centers in their home country due to high costs, when customers are clamoring for low cost computers, cell phones, etc.  This is the world we live in and we make the best of it.  I am forced to pay $79 or so for 3 years of "pro" tech support with Dell, but it is a price I am willing to pay to get North American based tech support each time I need it, which although rare, is nice to have.  But as I see it, the cost of the hardware is quite reasonable so I'll bite the bullet on the tech support.  Heck, I remember willingly paying thousands for 286 based computers years ago.  What we get now is a great bargain, comparatively.  Cheers to all!
You're verry welcome!  emoticon.Wink.title
Welcome to the forum.  Hope you enjoy your new computer. Programs for the new computer must be installed from their install disks, as programs cannot be transferred from computer to computer via an... See more...
Welcome to the forum.  Hope you enjoy your new computer. Programs for the new computer must be installed from their install disks, as programs cannot be transferred from computer to computer via any transfer method.  You can back up your  data  using a flash drive ($8-$20), cd's or external hard drive easily, and there are ways to use a cable between computers, but I find that to be a more difficult process. A 2 to 4 GB flash drive is quite inexpensive and great for easy data transfers if you don't have a huge amount of data to transfer. If you do, then an external hard drive ($75-$100) is the way to go. 
Sorry, the answer is no. New dual-layer burners are available in the $20's though at newegg.com, buy.com and many others.
Third opinion:  Stick with Crucial from their website, works first time and every time.
jkuss, aside from reseating both ends of the data cable, if that fails then your plan to try another drive would be my next step.  Drive failure is certainly not unheard of, although it is not terrib... See more...
jkuss, aside from reseating both ends of the data cable, if that fails then your plan to try another drive would be my next step.  Drive failure is certainly not unheard of, although it is not terribly common.  I think you're on the right track, after all the items you have tried, all of which were good moves.
Type Dell Dock into a google search for much information.
That is an interesting error message, and while cable failures are not real common, they certainly can happen.  It can also be an iffy connection at any of the individual pins connected by the cable,... See more...
That is an interesting error message, and while cable failures are not real common, they certainly can happen.  It can also be an iffy connection at any of the individual pins connected by the cable, so I would recommend replacing the SATA data cable between the drive and the motherboard.  At the very least remove the old cable, check there are no bent pins or connectors anywhere, and reinstall the cable.  Try the diagnostics again.  If same error message I would try replacing the cable. 
Your e-mail address does not display anywhere on the forum.  You can relax.  Only you and the forum moderators have access to this information.
If the hard drive was formatted completely, any chance of restoring data is gone, as is the use of CTRL F11.  emoticon.Sad.title    You will have to reinstall from the program CD's, which hopefully y... See more...
If the hard drive was formatted completely, any chance of restoring data is gone, as is the use of CTRL F11.  emoticon.Sad.title    You will have to reinstall from the program CD's, which hopefully you still have. And I hope you have a backup of recent data.
Glad to hear that so far, so good with your new computer.  emoticon.Smile.title
Neither Toyota or Dell are going away, despite quality issues now and in the past.  I would suggest you return the whole setup under the satisfaction policy and move on.  Cut your losses and best of ... See more...
Neither Toyota or Dell are going away, despite quality issues now and in the past.  I would suggest you return the whole setup under the satisfaction policy and move on.  Cut your losses and best of luck in the future with other brands of equipment.  
Do you really think Michael Dell is giving out his e-mail address on this or any public forum, and that he will be stopping to read your note and get your order squared away? 
As you do appear to have the Office 2007 install disk either on the disk envelope or as an insert in the disk envelope is the product key to Office 2007.  Have ordered numerous Dells with Office 2007... See more...
As you do appear to have the Office 2007 install disk either on the disk envelope or as an insert in the disk envelope is the product key to Office 2007.  Have ordered numerous Dells with Office 2007 and have always received the install disk with product key on or in the envelope.
I agree, and all needed drivers are available below, on the Drivers & Downloads tab at the bottom of this page.  Just follow the links to your model. 
The Latitude line of laptops was designed primarily for business users, and is very popular.  This model is not current, but a Google search reveals lots of information that you may find helpful.  I ... See more...
The Latitude line of laptops was designed primarily for business users, and is very popular.  This model is not current, but a Google search reveals lots of information that you may find helpful.  I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred (at most), but if the laptop works well, you may find it to be fine for general purpose computing.  Presuming it is several years old you may need a new battery (not cheap) before long. Run the Google search and best of luck.
Sorry Belarc didn't reveal the key.  Here's another program to try: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ You must install Office from its CD, you cannot transfer from one hard drive or comput... See more...
Sorry Belarc didn't reveal the key.  Here's another program to try: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ You must install Office from its CD, you cannot transfer from one hard drive or computer to another. So even if you had the key, you may still be out of luck.