ChickaD's Posts

ChickaD's Posts

I went through technical support at the Dell website and sent the laptop in for repair.   The problem ended up being the adapter.   Thank you again for your help and time!
dell-robert p, Thank you for your quick response and the article.  I will go through the steps shown to see if any of them correct the situation.   I have the emails from when the problem first aros... See more...
dell-robert p, Thank you for your quick response and the article.  I will go through the steps shown to see if any of them correct the situation.   I have the emails from when the problem first arose, but I think the numbers I have are associated with the return information.  If necessary, I will do as you say and contact you through private message.  Thank you so much for your help and an explanation as to why the laptop may have started working again only to have the problem return. 
The laptop with the problem is Inspiron 15 3567.   In March I contacted Dell support about the battery not charging due to adapter not recognized, and yes, it is the adapter that came with the comput... See more...
The laptop with the problem is Inspiron 15 3567.   In March I contacted Dell support about the battery not charging due to adapter not recognized, and yes, it is the adapter that came with the computer, new.    After discussion with the Dell tech, it was decided I should send the laptop to Dell to be repaired as the problem seemed to be internal.    A few days later, before I could get the laptop boxed to ship, the battery began to charge again and no more notices about adapter.   For about a month the laptop was fine.  About 2 weeks ago the same problem began again.  I have a little over 2 months left on the warranty.  I have held  off of contacting Dell support, in case the problem mysteriously goes away like it did before.  Also, I began to have a scratchy sound associated with the audio just before I was to send the laptop to Dell in March.  When the battery problem went away, the audio trouble disappeared also.  Now it is back with the adapter/battery problem.   I am concerned if I send it in, the problem will disappear again and the repair people won't see what I am seeing right now.  I guess that is a chance I will have to take.     What would make this kind of problem disappear for no reason, then return again?   Thanks for any comments and help!
MANY THANKS to you who have responded.  I am beginning to get a better idea of what I need to do.  I appreciate the link, suggestions, and explanations.  What I was trying to do is follow the Quick ... See more...
MANY THANKS to you who have responded.  I am beginning to get a better idea of what I need to do.  I appreciate the link, suggestions, and explanations.  What I was trying to do is follow the Quick Start Guide that came with the laptop:  'In Windows search, type Recovery, click "Create a recovery drive", and follow the instructions on the screen.'  When the feature update occurred before I could do the steps in order, I wanted to find out what I should do since I was past the point of being able to get an out-of-the box state.  Also, I am getting educated here about having a recovery option vs. a system image. With Macrium Reflect and the external hard drive, surely I can come up with enough protection in event of a big problem.    Thank you for your time and help--much appreciated!
The update was version 1709.  I have not updated anything else yet.  I am not knowledgeable about backing up hard drives. I am not sure what is meant by the recovery partition--is that the part of th... See more...
The update was version 1709.  I have not updated anything else yet.  I am not knowledgeable about backing up hard drives. I am not sure what is meant by the recovery partition--is that the part of the OS that will be saved to the flash drive?   I have a new USB 32G flash drive.  When I check the C drive, it shows about 61GB has been used--does that mean I need a much larger flash drive?  I also have a 2T Seagate external drive that should have plenty of room.  Should I use that?   The computer is not used for business, but I do want to be able to be prepared in case of failure.  I would probably be able to use Macrium Reflect Free, because I would not be making frequent/periodic captures.  Let me know if you need more information.  I look forward to your comments and suggestions.  One question--whatever way I decide to create the recovery drive, should I proceed with the updates on the BIOS, drivers, and any other important updates before or after making the recovery drive?  Thanks so much!
I am in the process of setting up an Inspiron 5567.  Either the download for the feature Win10 update began on its own, or I okayed it.  Now I see I was suppose to create the recovery drive for Windo... See more...
I am in the process of setting up an Inspiron 5567.  Either the download for the feature Win10 update began on its own, or I okayed it.  Now I see I was suppose to create the recovery drive for Windows before updates.  I have a slow connection speed due to being in a very rural area, so this download took quite a while.  Now I need to find out if I have messed up by downloading and installing this big update before the recovery drive creation.  I have not contacted tech support yet--live chat is not available and no tech email address is given.   I would appreciate help with this question before I proceed further.  Thank you!