shawn77's Posts

shawn77's Posts

Hey thanks for reply.  How do i do that?  is it possible to fix bios issues without a monitor.  The underlying problem is that  after the updates is allowed Alienware to auto-install on March 29, 201... See more...
Hey thanks for reply.  How do i do that?  is it possible to fix bios issues without a monitor.  The underlying problem is that  after the updates is allowed Alienware to auto-install on March 29, 2019, the computer monitor immediately turns off on start up with the error message "entering power save mode."  then the monitor shuts off and the pc stays on.  The keyboard is responsive - I can turn caps on.  So I am told it is not a problem with the mother board.   Is there a way to fix a bios problem when the monitor does not stay on?  thanks
Hey thanks for the reply. Latest: A tech made it out. Nice guy.  Replaced the graphics card.  Turns out old graphics card was fine and a new card did not solve the problem.  He thinks the problem was... See more...
Hey thanks for the reply. Latest: A tech made it out. Nice guy.  Replaced the graphics card.  Turns out old graphics card was fine and a new card did not solve the problem.  He thinks the problem was with the Alienware updates caused a bios problem.  I will have to send it in.  He says Fed ex will send a box for shipping Hey easy question - I have confidential legal briefs on the HD.  The computer is backed up weekly so lost data was not an issue.  But I wanted to pop out the HD before sending to Alienware repair.  Any problems with that?   Thanks  
Hello, I purchased a Alienware Aurora R7 in April 2018.  Spent $3700 for top of the line specs including GTX 1080 Ti with 11 gb GDDR5x, 32 Gb dual channel 2666 MX; 2 TB ssd harddrive (and upgraded ... See more...
Hello, I purchased a Alienware Aurora R7 in April 2018.  Spent $3700 for top of the line specs including GTX 1080 Ti with 11 gb GDDR5x, 32 Gb dual channel 2666 MX; 2 TB ssd harddrive (and upgraded service plan to Premium with remote diagnosis and onsite service.  Less than a year out and the video card is dead, so I am told, and trying to get a tech here to do the work has been a supreme hassle. I have spent more time in India just trying to get a diagnosis; they tried twice over the phone, then stated they would do additional "research" and call me back at some time they refused to specify.  After I called them back after hearing nothing I was told I would have to box up the whole system and mail it somewhere for weeks of diagnosis and repair.  Needless to say, I raised and had to constantly remind them I paid extra for onsite service. So this is the reality of the Alienware top of the line gaming system with extended warranty.  I definitely do not recommend this experience. Absolute worthless and worst service!
Thanks very much for the response.  I wondered if defender would be adequate,  thanks
Hello I finally broke down and spent some decent money on an aurora R7 with hopefully good specs. Any suggestions for anti virus?  On my r3 I used avg antivirus free.  Was thinking I should pay f... See more...
Hello I finally broke down and spent some decent money on an aurora R7 with hopefully good specs. Any suggestions for anti virus?  On my r3 I used avg antivirus free.  Was thinking I should pay for a decent antivirus and hoped to find an antivirus program that is not too intrusive/won't interfere too much and was wondering what other folks like. All comments are really appreciated.  Thanks very much for taking the time to read and answer.     I
Great thanks very much.  thought so.  Yes will be using the drive just to store files not to boot. Thanks very much again  
Hello! I have owned the Aurora r3 since 2011 and just purchased the Aurora r7.  I have a 1 tb 7200 sata HD that I installed in the r3 in 2016 that I would like to remove from the r3 and install in ... See more...
Hello! I have owned the Aurora r3 since 2011 and just purchased the Aurora r7.  I have a 1 tb 7200 sata HD that I installed in the r3 in 2016 that I would like to remove from the r3 and install in r7.  Any problems if I do?  thanks very much specs for new machine: 8700K; 850 liquid cooled psu, nvidea 1080 Ti 11 gb; 2tb ssd + 2 tb 7200; 32 gb ram 2666 Any other suggestions for a new purchaser would be very appreciated  🙂 Also I extended the warranty to 5 years premium only.  Thanks