1138Wstlnd's Posts

1138Wstlnd's Posts

I have an Inspiron 3148, 11", c. late 2014. Recently (last 2-3 months or so), the audio in the speakers will suddenly drop in volume. It doesn't seem random; it seems to be in response to volume jump... See more...
I have an Inspiron 3148, 11", c. late 2014. Recently (last 2-3 months or so), the audio in the speakers will suddenly drop in volume. It doesn't seem random; it seems to be in response to volume jumps in the program material. That is, during a loud moment of music or dialog, the volume drops. It then returns to normal after a second or two. As if there is a limiter on or something. I find if I pause and replay the content the volume drops might go away. It does not do this when playing audio through HDMI; only through the speakers or (I believe) through headphones. Current driver is Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8382 (2/26/18). I installed this driver about a week ago in hopes it would resolve the problem, but it hasn't.  Any thoughts would be appreciated; it's quite annoying; thanks!!