obzerving's Posts

obzerving's Posts

I just now did this update through SupportAssist and it ran successfully on my 15 R4. It does explicitly warn you that you should close all other programs, so there's a possibility that the failure y... See more...
I just now did this update through SupportAssist and it ran successfully on my 15 R4. It does explicitly warn you that you should close all other programs, so there's a possibility that the failure you experienced was related to that.
I'm running the latest version of Command Center on Dell's support site, which is 5.2.20.0, and (according to the details page) supposed to be compatible with the m15 (and 17 R5). I'm also running Wi... See more...
I'm running the latest version of Command Center on Dell's support site, which is 5.2.20.0, and (according to the details page) supposed to be compatible with the m15 (and 17 R5). I'm also running Windows 10 Pro version 1809. This situation I described has been consistent for me. If I turn off AlienFX and close the lid of my laptop, the power LED never comes back on when I lift the lid or restart the laptop. I have to turn on AlienFX, shutdown the laptop, and then start it up again. Similarly, if AlienFX is on and I close the lid, the power LED always comes on when I lift the lid. It's unfortunate that so many people are suffering from this poorly designed software.
I have an AW 15 R4. I went to the Dell support home, entered my service tag, clicked on the Drivers & downloads tab, and found an entry for Alienware Mobile Connect - Driver. Under Compatible Systems... See more...
I have an AW 15 R4. I went to the Dell support home, entered my service tag, clicked on the Drivers & downloads tab, and found an entry for Alienware Mobile Connect - Driver. Under Compatible Systems, it shows the AW 15 R4 and AW 17 R4 (among others). Could this be what you're looking for?
I gave a method for getting the power LED back in a previous reply, but I'll elaborate on it here. I've noticed that the power LED stays off when AlienFX has been turned off from the keyboard (FN + F... See more...
I gave a method for getting the power LED back in a previous reply, but I'll elaborate on it here. I've noticed that the power LED stays off when AlienFX has been turned off from the keyboard (FN + F12) and the laptop has been put to sleep or restarted. In this situation, I have found that pressing FN + F12 (to turn on AlienFX) and performing a shutdown (not restart) will bring the power LED back. From this point, you're on your own for changing colors because I've seen no evidence that the software functions properly.
This link may shed some light on your issue: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/alienware-typec-accessory/9n0mwc6v0crt?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab  
@NamNguyen191 My previous laptop was an MSI 6200, which I bought in 2009. I would still be using it for software development if I had not decided to develop VR applications. So, I have reasons to si... See more...
@NamNguyen191 My previous laptop was an MSI 6200, which I bought in 2009. I would still be using it for software development if I had not decided to develop VR applications. So, I have reasons to sing the praises of MSI laptops. However, it's also subject to thermal shutdowns and a metal hinge had busted through the lid. I probably would have bought another one from them, but they didn't offer any with my specific configuration requirements. However, I don't have any delusions that it would have been trouble-free. All you need to do is go over to the MSI forum (or any other vendor's forum) and you can see that the grass isn't necessarily greener. That doesn't mean we shouldn't hold Dell accountable for their products and I'm hoping they understand that their reputation for support is important to their bottom line.
I'll try that. Thanks, Kaushikh.
I wanted to take Kaushikh's advice and reduce the multiplier to 36X, but I'm not seeing it reflected in the FID. I'm using Throttlestop 860. I checked the Set Multiplier box, set it to 36T, and hit S... See more...
I wanted to take Kaushikh's advice and reduce the multiplier to 36X, but I'm not seeing it reflected in the FID. I'm using Throttlestop 860. I checked the Set Multiplier box, set it to 36T, and hit Save, but no apparent effect. Are there any other boxes (I have SpeedStep, BD PROCHOT, C1E, and Task Bar checked now) that need to be checked?
I don't consider this a solution; just an observation. I found that, even though a restart doesn't bring back the power switch light, doing a shutdown and start up does.
I went to Dell's support site and downloaded Alienware-Command-Center_DHRVN_WIN_5.2.0.0_A00.EXE. I had no problem installing it in my 15 R4. Supposedly, it is the same file used for installing in a 1... See more...
I went to Dell's support site and downloaded Alienware-Command-Center_DHRVN_WIN_5.2.0.0_A00.EXE. I had no problem installing it in my 15 R4. Supposedly, it is the same file used for installing in a 17 R5.
I do have a 15 R4. I checked the Documents (there is no "My Documents") folder and didn't see anything similar to alienware command center in it. However, I did see something similar in C:\ProgramDat... See more...
I do have a 15 R4. I checked the Documents (there is no "My Documents") folder and didn't see anything similar to alienware command center in it. However, I did see something similar in C:\ProgramData\Alienware\Alienware Command Center. There is a folder named FXMetadata with a few json files in it. By the way, I am now on version 5.2.0.0 of Command Center and the problem persists.
I clicked the save button before leaving the page. BonesB ,  you haven't said whether you have a 15 R4 and are not experiencing this particular issue with version 5.1.27.0 of the Command Center.
I can't speak for  _OCB, but I was aware that clicking on the 8 gives you the opportunity to change the power switch lighting. The problem is that the changes didn't actually affect the power switch ... See more...
I can't speak for  _OCB, but I was aware that clicking on the 8 gives you the opportunity to change the power switch lighting. The problem is that the changes didn't actually affect the power switch light.
I can confirm that I've experienced the same things you described with my AW 15 R4. I had to uninstall and reinstall command center to get the power switch to light up again.