PentatonicSteel's Posts

PentatonicSteel's Posts

Never heard of that. As far as xmp goes, you are going to want the good stuff from the good companies.
I use 64gb of Hyper x fury ram at 2933 xmp. It's compatible, just not in combination with the oem stuff.
At peak during battlefront 2, I have seen it go to 86 (and stay there steady). Most games will run maybe low 70's tops. Battlefront 2 is an example of a game that has less than ideal optimization and... See more...
At peak during battlefront 2, I have seen it go to 86 (and stay there steady). Most games will run maybe low 70's tops. Battlefront 2 is an example of a game that has less than ideal optimization and can really cook cpu's. But yeah, I am pretty sure xmp will only work with oc settings on. Just wanted to check if I was over looking something.
Hi folks, Just curious if it's possible to have OC settings turned off on the aurora r7 but keeping xmp enabled? Been oc'd on my 8700k since purchase, but thinking about going without to compare ... See more...
Hi folks, Just curious if it's possible to have OC settings turned off on the aurora r7 but keeping xmp enabled? Been oc'd on my 8700k since purchase, but thinking about going without to compare the very subtle differences with it and just performance mode without oc. Games such as Battlefront 2 can really spike temps to 80+ which is cringy. Yes I am watercooled.
Kingston hyper x fury is compatible. But you will have to replace the 8gb you have already as well. Or go with the Dell oem stuff that will cost you way more.
I just replaced my 32gb of oem ram that I bought my system with like 2 weeks following purchase.  I picked up the 64gb kit of hyper x fury ram.  Yes the logic with buying 64gb on top of my already ... See more...
I just replaced my 32gb of oem ram that I bought my system with like 2 weeks following purchase.  I picked up the 64gb kit of hyper x fury ram.  Yes the logic with buying 64gb on top of my already purchased 32gb was ridiculous, but I too found out that you couldn't mix. It worked out well though as my hyper x fury ram ended up having issues and had to be sent out to be exchanged. Luckily I had my 32gb oem ram to use while I waited! The stuff you replace it with...will no doubt be better anyway. The heatsinks on real aftermarket ram are quite necessary, and the fact that the Dell oem stuff doesn't have it... is kind of cringey.
We can't view your shopping cart at ibuypower...link is bad.
I am using the R7 with those same peripherals without issue. Make sure you updated your awcc (standard one that comes with your system). You can download the "new version" in addition (the one inte... See more...
I am using the R7 with those same peripherals without issue. Make sure you updated your awcc (standard one that comes with your system). You can download the "new version" in addition (the one intended for the Area-51 series) as it gives you the ability to change macros etc (never really use it myself). I think there is also drivers for both the keyboard and mouse you need to install as well. Sorry the info is sparse, but just know that they do actually work, effects and all, as I am using them right now. Specs R7 8700k aio 4.8oc 64gb hyper x fury ram xmp1 2933 MSI Vega 64 oc Creative soundblaster AE5 Killer NIC 1550    
Water cooled graphics cards are pretty much outta the question for Aurora series. You would have to mod the case somehow (usually by ripping out the side swing support bracket). Also the front fan is... See more...
Water cooled graphics cards are pretty much outta the question for Aurora series. You would have to mod the case somehow (usually by ripping out the side swing support bracket). Also the front fan is integral for the Aurora series, you would be best to leave it there.  With that said, you can still find RTX series cards that fit (just barely), but obviously air cooled. The best option would be the back blower type (exhaust hot air out the rear of the card and your case). It's just how the system is built, it's compact...and it needs all the air flow it can get.  So front intake to bring in cool air, graphics card intake fan to suck cool air in and blow the excess hot air out the back of your case. Aurora series desktops with aio water cooled cpus will exhaust the cpu heat out the top.  But if you are rocking a standard i7 8700 (non k), then you are air cooled. This means an even higher need to utilize the back blower style of graphics card options.    Also, with regard to your psu, you would be best to upgrade it to the 850w...even if you stick with the higher end 10 series or RX/Vega series of gpu's. 460w just barely cuts it as your setup sits right now.  
I hope you get your issue resolved buds.  I am thinking it's simply a case of the finicky Dell mobo and 3rd party ram.  When I bought my ram, I made sure to read user reviews in an attempt to confi... See more...
I hope you get your issue resolved buds.  I am thinking it's simply a case of the finicky Dell mobo and 3rd party ram.  When I bought my ram, I made sure to read user reviews in an attempt to confirm full compatibility before purchasing.  Ah...the Dell life...cringing every time a software update enables...and crossing fingers it boots afterward :D
Well...   I am not having boot issues either...so there is that...
I have been using 64gb of Hyper x fury branded ram under xmp1 @ 2933 for a good while without issues so far. Only issue I had was one stick having errors, so the company exchanged for me.   I thin... See more...
I have been using 64gb of Hyper x fury branded ram under xmp1 @ 2933 for a good while without issues so far. Only issue I had was one stick having errors, so the company exchanged for me.   I think the key here, is that you need the "fury" stuff to get 2933 performance.
Looks decent to me. Won't push everything at 144+fps ultra settings, but will run all current gen titles. Perhaps he just wants to get it to perform as well as most the streamers he watches. That wo... See more...
Looks decent to me. Won't push everything at 144+fps ultra settings, but will run all current gen titles. Perhaps he just wants to get it to perform as well as most the streamers he watches. That won't upgrade to that point due to the motherboard not supporting 8th or 9th gen processors.  Still light years ahead of my kids pc's, they can only run Roblox and CS:GO...
Good old Dell bios updates, bricking systems since forever!
Turn to your ram memory. I was having really bizarre issues a while ago, and after running the diag test through the bios, it was the ram memory. Replaced, and all is good again.
Cross your fingers you don't receive it back with scratches and other obvious damage! A different forum member experienced this.
Not sure where this "quiet operation" comes from, because my r7 with the 8700k aio water cooled cpu sounds like a jet taking off (when gaming and using custom fan curves). But never the less, I still... See more...
Not sure where this "quiet operation" comes from, because my r7 with the 8700k aio water cooled cpu sounds like a jet taking off (when gaming and using custom fan curves). But never the less, I still love my pc. Even though I worry every time I reset it or update drivers etc due to it being a "fragile Dell oem pc"...
Most customers, or pc owners (knowledgeable or not), are under the assumption that keeping your pc up to date is ideal. Bios updates breaking systems are NOT common knowledge. Especially for the ave... See more...
Most customers, or pc owners (knowledgeable or not), are under the assumption that keeping your pc up to date is ideal. Bios updates breaking systems are NOT common knowledge. Especially for the average Dell customer! When a company states "critical" next to an update that may or may not be ideal, what do you think a person "unsure" of themselves would opt to do? I am glad I know better, but even for me...it wasn't until after my system nearly got bricked! I know computers, I know updated bios's are ideal! I did not know that a seemingly reputable company has ZERO quality control with their drivers. Dell as a company would rather send a guy out to replace your mobo with a refurbished one and assume losing all of your data on your brand new system (and essentially turning it into some Frankenstein machine with used parts) means nothing and is no problem at all for people who just spent $2-5K on it.
I use the command center (same place as adding oc profiles and power options etc). First page shows cpu fan profiles etc, second led options, third power options, etc etc/ Honestly never seen what y... See more...
I use the command center (same place as adding oc profiles and power options etc). First page shows cpu fan profiles etc, second led options, third power options, etc etc/ Honestly never seen what you are using...   Not at home to take a screen, but I will tonight when I get the chance. Sure you aren't using the "new" AWCC that was meant for the Alienware "X" series or whatever? It was marketed for all users to control their keyboard and other peripherals, but you can't use it for systems led effects on the aurora series. Go to driver page, and look for the AWCC that specifically states (R6+ or aurora).   Edit: Rodrigo already posted the correct AWCC download version.
The fact that there is a real risk with bios updates...should mean that Dell has a moral obligation to its customers warning them of such. But instead, the emails or pop ups indicate ("critical" or ... See more...
The fact that there is a real risk with bios updates...should mean that Dell has a moral obligation to its customers warning them of such. But instead, the emails or pop ups indicate ("critical" or "recommended"). This obviously has trusting customers blindly taking huge risks in breaking their beloved systems. It's honestly shameful...