JollyOlly's Posts

JollyOlly's Posts

My laptop is having an issue only several days after receiving it and doing light work on it (minor word typing and emails). It will not turn on fully, as in when I press the 'on' button - it does st... See more...
My laptop is having an issue only several days after receiving it and doing light work on it (minor word typing and emails). It will not turn on fully, as in when I press the 'on' button - it does start to boot up (the underkey lights and fan come on) but then crashes!  There is no activity on the screen and it keeps making this strange squeeking noise! (?)  The battery was sufficiently charged last I checked - last night - and I have tried to take good care of it since getting it delivered. However, it just won’t turn on and keeps crashing even when i’m charging.  Going to contact dell support soon, anyone know what may have cause this?  *Edit: now I have also realised that the fingerprint scanner / 'on' button is also quite stiff, more so than say when I was using it yesterday. *Edit#2: I have tried the hard reset (hold fingerprint scanner / 'on' button for 15; 20; or 30 seconds) several times and the laptop fan comes on but no other activity happens and the screen remains off, then the laptop crashes. 
I recently received an email from what appears to be a fake email account.  The account is: DELL_UK_ONLINE_SUPPORT@Dell.com There was no official looking branding and the display/layout of the emai... See more...
I recently received an email from what appears to be a fake email account.  The account is: DELL_UK_ONLINE_SUPPORT@Dell.com There was no official looking branding and the display/layout of the email seemed like they were trying to be professional but had no idea how to actually replicate company emails.  They claimed that my transaction couldn't go through because of a 'Credit card authentication failure', however they did not provide any details relating to my purchase or anything really.  The only detail they had, which has worried me greatly, is my Internet Receipt Number.  Has anyone had a similar issue like this?  I cannot call dell support right now because I have no Mobile Service where I am.  I purchased an XPS 15 yesterday and still waiting on my account page to update and order to finish 'Processing' I have not bee assigned an Order Number yet.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue.