Ryan52's Posts

Ryan52's Posts

Hi Chris, thanks for your detailed reply! There is also no ctrl-C prompt on startup, only a ctrl-S one which seems to be for something else. I have been able to get to the BIOS screen (F2) but ther... See more...
Hi Chris, thanks for your detailed reply! There is also no ctrl-C prompt on startup, only a ctrl-S one which seems to be for something else. I have been able to get to the BIOS screen (F2) but there doesn't appear to be a SATA controller listed under SATA settings. Is it under the name "SATA Controller"? Or is it one of the listed Ports? Nothing here is called SATA Controller. Thanks again for your help.
Hi All, I have a Dell T110 PowerEdge here and I would like to wipe its contents, and re-install the OS if possible. My issue is that I know nothing of servers, the IT expert that originally set up t... See more...
Hi All, I have a Dell T110 PowerEdge here and I would like to wipe its contents, and re-install the OS if possible. My issue is that I know nothing of servers, the IT expert that originally set up the server at our small business has now retired so it is up to us to try clear the server so we can get rid of it. All of the information I can find on doing this is beyond my knowledge of servers (which isn't difficult). I am hoping, though I realise it might be challenging, that someone could guide me through how to wipe the server in a language that the lay-man could understand (I have no idea what RAID is or how to access it). Things I have managed to discover so far: This server uses Unified Server Configurator, not Lifecycle Controller The ctrl-R shortcut during boot does not appear to work on this device. Thanks in advance!
Hi all, new to the whole server thing. Having moved all of our data into the cloud, we no longer have need for our Dell T110 server. I was hoping that before we get rid of it / sell it that I could e... See more...
Hi all, new to the whole server thing. Having moved all of our data into the cloud, we no longer have need for our Dell T110 server. I was hoping that before we get rid of it / sell it that I could erase all of the data we stored on it (it was used to store highly sensitive and confidential information). Is there an effective and permanent way to wipe that information, while possibly still leaving the OS intact? Thanks!