HaoranCC's Posts

HaoranCC's Posts

So, I encountered this issue couple weeks ago. The system will keep notifying me this box for Alienware Update, but when I click install, nothing shows up and nothing will happen. When I restart ... See more...
So, I encountered this issue couple weeks ago. The system will keep notifying me this box for Alienware Update, but when I click install, nothing shows up and nothing will happen. When I restart my pc, the exact message will pop up again and again. Anyone knows how to deal with this issue? I tried refresh my BIOS, and reinstall SupportAssit and Alienware command center. 
I got my Alienware 17 R5 yesterday, and it has the problem with its Wifi connection. Every once in a while (approximately 1-2 hours), my Wifi will disconnect automatically and reconnect by itself. Thi... See more...
I got my Alienware 17 R5 yesterday, and it has the problem with its Wifi connection. Every once in a while (approximately 1-2 hours), my Wifi will disconnect automatically and reconnect by itself. This is so frustrating since I game a lot and I am kicked out of the server due to this Wifi issue The Wireless adapter is Killer wireless-AC 1550(9260NGW), along with the adapter, I have a Killer E2500G Gigabit Ethernet Controller. The software it came with are Killer Ethernet Performance Driver Suite UWD and Killer Wireless Driver UWD. I've check if the driver is up-to-date(it is up-to-date) and I also unchecked the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save the power option in Device manager. I have reset the OS to factory reset as well. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the driver. None of these helped. My Wifi modem is Xfinity and has both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ. My other devices in my house work fine with the Wifi. Can someone help me figure to out? I just got this laptop 1 day. PS.  I am thinking replace the killer wireless card with an intel wireless card, because I was told that the issue is came from the Killer wireless card. I learned how to manually replace the wireless card from Alienware Website, but I don't know what are the following steps after I replace the card. I wish someone could help me on this
I got my Alienware 17 R5 yesterday, and it has the problem with its Wifi connection. Every once in a while (approximately 1-2 hours), my Wifi will disconnect automatically and reconnect by itself. Th... See more...
I got my Alienware 17 R5 yesterday, and it has the problem with its Wifi connection. Every once in a while (approximately 1-2 hours), my Wifi will disconnect automatically and reconnect by itself. This is so frustrating since I game a lot and I am kicked out of the server due to this Wifi issue. The Wireless adapter is Killer wireless-AC 1550(9260NGW), along with the adapter, I have a Killer E2500G Gigabit Ethernet Controller. The software it came with are Killer Ethernet Performance Driver Suite UWD and Killer Wireless Driver UWD.  I've check if the driver is up-to-date(it is up-to-date) and I also unchecked the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save the power option in Device manager. I have reset the OS to factory reset as well. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the driver. None of these helped.  My Wifi modem is Xfinity and has both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ. My other devices in my house work fine with the Wifi.  Can someone help me figure to out? I just got this laptop 1 day.  PS.  I am thinking replace the killer wireless card with an intel wireless card, because I was told that the issue is came from the Killer wireless card. I learned how to manually replace the wireless card from Alienware Website, but I don't know what are the following steps after I replace the card. I wish someone could help me on this. 
Update: Finally, I received my confirm email yesterday, but today I was notified by an email that my order is on hold again due to part shortage. I called the number on the email, but it says the de... See more...
Update: Finally, I received my confirm email yesterday, but today I was notified by an email that my order is on hold again due to part shortage. I called the number on the email, but it says the department that can fix this issue is closed.  Fine, I just cancelled my order. I've seen many complains from costumers and there are a lot of problems with order delays.  I don't want to go through none of these nonsense.  If you don't have the necessary configurations of the laptop, why would you even post it online and let the customer order it like a fool? This is not the way of doing a business, this is the worst online shopping experience I had ever. I will never buy anything from Dell again.  And the agents, it seemed like all they want is to convince the costumer to buy from them. They don't care what the real issue is.  Now I am expecting my money back since it is cancelled before it ships. 
I ordered a laptop online on 11/10 from an agent. And I saw my credit card is charged already.  The Chat agent told my that my order need to be verified by the verification department. Then, I ca... See more...
I ordered a laptop online on 11/10 from an agent. And I saw my credit card is charged already.  The Chat agent told my that my order need to be verified by the verification department. Then, I called the verification department, they said it is processed successfully, and I can get my laptop by the delivery date.  So I decided to double-check there are no more issues with my order. I went through with an agent from the Chat again, after providing my order number, the agent said my order is currently on hold due to pending verification.  Okay, then I called up the verification department again, the lady there are no issues with my order. And then I went to Chat, one of the agent said my order is still on hold and request me to contact the verification department.  And I saw my credit card is charged already.  Who can help me with this situation? Which one should I believe in? I just want to buy a laptop!!!