useagle77's Posts

useagle77's Posts

Thanks, Chris, I went ahead and transferred both in my name. I already updated the one purchased from Amazon before reading about the firmware update issues but I'm afraid to do it with the one I've ... See more...
Thanks, Chris, I went ahead and transferred both in my name. I already updated the one purchased from Amazon before reading about the firmware update issues but I'm afraid to do it with the one I've purchased from the third party. Yes, I think it shows the symptoms of the 'random device detection over USB-C'. When I have a MacBook Pro (turned off) connected over USB-C and I connect another laptop/desktop over HDMI or DP, after about 15-20 seconds the monitor switches the input source automatically to USB-C and shows a "no signal over USB-C" or something similar to that, unless I disconnect the MacBook Pro from the USB-C cable.
Hi, I have two U3818DW Dell monitors, one purchased from Amazon, the other one from someone on Facebook, without an invoice. I'm aware that the warranty might not be available for the second one, b... See more...
Hi, I have two U3818DW Dell monitors, one purchased from Amazon, the other one from someone on Facebook, without an invoice. I'm aware that the warranty might not be available for the second one, but in case something goes wrong (even a firmware update fails), is there a way to get any help from Dell even if I have to pay for it? Sorry, but the idea that even a firmware update can break a $1000 monitor is a bit too much. Thanks!
Looks like this was solved with a firmware update.
Hi Chris, I have 2 U3818DW Dell monitors, one purchased from Amazon, the other one from someone on Facebook, without an invoice. I'm aware that the warranty might not be available for the second one... See more...
Hi Chris, I have 2 U3818DW Dell monitors, one purchased from Amazon, the other one from someone on Facebook, without an invoice. I'm aware that the warranty might not be available for the second one, but in case something goes wrong (even a firmware update fails), is there a way to get any help from Dell even if I have to pay for it? Sorry, but the thought that even a firmware update can break a $1000 monitor is a bit too much. Thanks!
Hey guys, I just purchased a U3818DW monitor and so far looks great, only one problem I noticed with my (not-validated by Dell) 2017 MacBook Pro. ..when connected via USB Type-C directly to the mon... See more...
Hey guys, I just purchased a U3818DW monitor and so far looks great, only one problem I noticed with my (not-validated by Dell) 2017 MacBook Pro. ..when connected via USB Type-C directly to the monitor, the laptop is also charged, that's great...the problem appears when I put the laptop on sleep - I get a notification popping out at about 20-30 seconds that the battery is fully (100%) charged and this notification also wakes up the monitor. Is there a way to disable this maybe from a monitor setting or Mac OS? Couldn't find anything so far. I'm on the latest firmware for the monitor. Thanks!