Caspar_T's Posts

Caspar_T's Posts

Hi there, We have a Storagetek SL8500 tape library in operation, which is managed by Oracle's ACSLS software. The library is configured in Networker and operates without any issues. Howeve... See more...
Hi there, We have a Storagetek SL8500 tape library in operation, which is managed by Oracle's ACSLS software. The library is configured in Networker and operates without any issues. However, when my colleagues insert new tapes into the library, they are not automatically added by Networker. I am forced to manually add them using the NMC, or on the command line with nsrjb. I created a case with EMC, and they informed me that there was no feature in Networker (my version is 8.2.2.1 on RHEL 6.6) that automatically added new volumes to Networker when they were added to the library and the ACSLS. The only solution I see is to schedule a script in crontab that runs " nsrjb -a -T N/00000-99999 ", where Nxxxxx is the labels we use. Understandably EMC cannot recommend or support any custom scripts, so I am coming here to the forums to ask if any of you have any automation in place to solve this? Regards, Caspar
Thanks, I will do exactly this. Caspar
That was what I was looking for. I had to modify it slightly as I wasn't allowed to use both -m and -r flags, and my bash shell didn't want to read !full correctly. I ended up doing this: mmin... See more...
That was what I was looking for. I had to modify it slightly as I wasn't allowed to use both -m and -r flags, and my bash shell didn't want to read !full correctly. I ended up doing this: mminfo -vV -q "full=false" -r volume | grep "^N....." | wc -l Where ^N is the label series, so I don't get my two disk volumes in the query results as well. As bingo suggests I will throw this in a script which I will run from crontab (using RHEL) and it will mail the result to my colleagues. Thanks, Caspar
Hi there, I'm coming from NetBackup and am trying to get my head around some monitoring and reporting. Currently I am trying to figure out how I can report on tapes that are available for ... See more...
Hi there, I'm coming from NetBackup and am trying to get my head around some monitoring and reporting. Currently I am trying to figure out how I can report on tapes that are available for writing, which can be sent to our tape management team so they can insert more tapes as needed. Is there any predefined report or tool that can do this for me? Or is it something I can script myself? I am also unsure what I should be reporting on. Should it be tapes that are appendable? Regards, Caspar