srudders's Posts

srudders's Posts

Thanks for that - I have added some more LUNs to the RLP now and the mirroring is running again. What would I need to do to try and figure out why the RLP is filling? I'm on call this weekend and... See more...
Thanks for that - I have added some more LUNs to the RLP now and the mirroring is running again. What would I need to do to try and figure out why the RLP is filling? I'm on call this weekend and would rather not be called out in the middle of the night if the RLP fills again! Thanks, Sam Sam Rudland | UNIX\Storage Team Lead | ING Direct 2 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, CF10 5AT Tel: 02920 358514l Email: sam.rudland@ingdirect.co.uk
I am new to world of Clariions and our main EMC guy is on holida at the moment! We have 2 Clariion CX380's on 2 sites that replicate to each other using MIrrorview. The reserved LUN pool has fill... See more...
I am new to world of Clariions and our main EMC guy is on holida at the moment! We have 2 Clariion CX380's on 2 sites that replicate to each other using MIrrorview. The reserved LUN pool has filled up on the DR site side and I am unsure what to do to best resolve this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would rather avoid creating more LUN's for the pool if possible as I can't follow the layout set by our in house Clariion expert as the RAID group the current LUNs come from has no spare capacity. Is there a way to stop and start replication thus releasing current LUN's without causing a complete resync? Out guy is back  oin Monday so a short term fix would be ideal. Thanks, Sam
Aha! I did that and no luck, but I installed the Navisphere Server Utility, selected the register option and when I went back to connectivity status they were in there and blue! I followed the ins... See more...
Aha! I did that and no luck, but I installed the Navisphere Server Utility, selected the register option and when I went back to connectivity status they were in there and blue! I followed the instructions in the post you mentioned and it is all working great. Thanks for your help! Sam
When I look at the connectivity status it only shows the one adapter still - not even blue remarks. I click reconnect and still only the one adapter. When I right-click the host and select "update... See more...
When I look at the connectivity status it only shows the one adapter still - not even blue remarks. I click reconnect and still only the one adapter. When I right-click the host and select "update now..." it times out saying hte agent is not running..... Do I need to run the Navisphere Server Utility to resend info to the Clarrion or is it likely that I haven't resolved the zoning in the fabric? Thanks, Sam
I have a Windows host with two fibre adapters connected via a Cisco swithc to my Clarrion. Windows version is 2003 SP2 Enterprise and powerpath is installed (4.6.1.2 I think). When the server was ... See more...
I have a Windows host with two fibre adapters connected via a Cisco swithc to my Clarrion. Windows version is 2003 SP2 Enterprise and powerpath is installed (4.6.1.2 I think). When the server was setup and initially connected to the Clarrion one of the adapters was zoned incorrectly so Powerpath Administrator only showed one adapter. I have corrected the zoning now - what do I need to do on the Clarrtion to allow this path to be used? Sorry if this question is a bit broad - I have limited experience with Powerpath so am not sure if the root issue is there or on the Clarrion side. Thanks in advance, Sam