123kateb's Posts

123kateb's Posts

7.5.1-101_HF298709_27 That's the same with our avamars.  We have one that has a bz2 file from June 24 (the only secure*bz2 file), and the date of the secure file is June 24 as well, with 0 b... See more...
7.5.1-101_HF298709_27 That's the same with our avamars.  We have one that has a bz2 file from June 24 (the only secure*bz2 file), and the date of the secure file is June 24 as well, with 0 bytes. Our second avamar has many secure*bz2 files from as recently as December 6, and the secure file is also dated December 6 and is 0 bytes. Have you opened a ticket with EMC, this seems odd.  Ian Anderson is a ticket necessary to fix this?
Our Avamar is not storing our backups, they are all being stored on Data Domain. This may be a setup issue, should get an EMC ticket going.
I have had to make the dataset value edit 3 times now for 2 different db backups that work after I make the change, don't the next weekly backup.  I never change it back, just change it to extend... See more...
I have had to make the dataset value edit 3 times now for 2 different db backups that work after I make the change, don't the next weekly backup.  I never change it back, just change it to extend the timeout-seconds time. Anyone else experience this?  Ian Anderson can you ask QA to test this?  Also it would be nice if the modified attribute displayed under Options when you do change it, otherwise not sure how you verify in the gui that you have made the modification?
It appears to only save and use that setting for the next backup, then reverts back to the hour wait?  Ian Anderson  Going to try making the server edit.
OK - it changes it to GMT-7 which is correct.  Is there an issue with editing then saving, then reversing the edit and saving again to get all to be the same?
Search for those words in the community.  You will find an article that may help.
Check out 'Avamar activity LOGs' in DECN.
Noticed that we have several different values in our schedules, but that field doesn't appear to be editable? Where does that get set and how could it be different for different schedules? ... See more...
Noticed that we have several different values in our schedules, but that field doesn't appear to be editable? Where does that get set and how could it be different for different schedules? For instance, Default Tiering, and Default Schedule have America/Los_Angeles Default Replication has GMT-07:00 Nightly backups has America/Phoenix And if I add a new schedule it defaults to GMT-07:00 How do we make them all the same Native Timezone?
Ian Anderson When you make this change and click + button, is it supposed to be listed under the Options variables on the far right of the screen for the specific dataset? We are having the s... See more...
Ian Anderson When you make this change and click + button, is it supposed to be listed under the Options variables on the far right of the screen for the specific dataset? We are having the same timeout issue and I did the above fix twice to see where its registering this, but still don't see it under Options - odd? Also - does it ever revert back to the default option or does it keep your changes forever? 7.5.1-101
Try looking into Tools, reports, status, restore, that may help you out.
We are experiencing same issue, in the last two weeks only (backups were fine up until then for this particular server). Did you take a look at these, it this a configuration issue or software... See more...
We are experiencing same issue, in the last two weeks only (backups were fine up until then for this particular server). Did you take a look at these, it this a configuration issue or software bug?  Please let us know what your solution was. https://emcservice.force.com/CustomersPartners/kA2f1000000X3TyCAK https://emcservice.force.com/CustomersPartners/articles/Break_Fix/Avamar-backup-to-Data-Domain-fails-with-error-the-user…
Does the Activity Monitor give you some information you can use?
Worked up until 2 weeks ago, scheduled to run every Tuesday at 6am. When I ran it manually it worked.
Thank you for the response - since the backups had already occurred, and per the advice of EMC, ended up going into the backup, restore and manage tab.  I then clicked on the client on left side,... See more...
Thank you for the response - since the backups had already occurred, and per the advice of EMC, ended up going into the backup, restore and manage tab.  I then clicked on the client on left side, then manage on the right side, then checked all under by retention.  It listed all of the backups and their expiration dates etc. for that client.  Then on the right side I chose the latest backup and right click, change expiration date, then reset it to years from now.    That was the solution here, hope it helps anyone else with this project.
The normal backup runs daily but we need to do a one time year end backup with no retention expiration for all 50 clients. It needs be stored on the Data Domain, not on tape.  Wondering how othe... See more...
The normal backup runs daily but we need to do a one time year end backup with no retention expiration for all 50 clients. It needs be stored on the Data Domain, not on tape.  Wondering how others set this up.
Tried that, still no joy.   If you would like to see what the end customer is experiencing, dm me.
Is there another way to get this?  I cannot get this to download, both logged in and not logged in.
We just tried to recover a directory from AER tape back to a client.  The directory didn't come back, just the files in the directory. We can recover at directory or folder level, right?  What s... See more...
We just tried to recover a directory from AER tape back to a client.  The directory didn't come back, just the files in the directory. We can recover at directory or folder level, right?  What should we be doing differently?
Similar issue:  We allocated 5 new slots from jukebox to Avamar.  On Dell side we can see  them - when we go to label the tapes on AER it doesn't see them - error is "changers parsing failed" in ... See more...
Similar issue:  We allocated 5 new slots from jukebox to Avamar.  On Dell side we can see  them - when we go to label the tapes on AER it doesn't see them - error is "changers parsing failed" in event viewer.  Opened a new ticket and waiting for EMC response.
We are in this exact situation now.  Can anyone provide an update about the AER to ADMe data transition that Ian talked about in April?  Is the tool done?  Has anyone used it?  Is it simple or co... See more...
We are in this exact situation now.  Can anyone provide an update about the AER to ADMe data transition that Ian talked about in April?  Is the tool done?  Has anyone used it?  Is it simple or complicated?  What type of time did it take to accomplish? Thank you, we are also in touch with EMC about this.