mugurstef's Posts

mugurstef's Posts

Hi Ken, I think I didn’t explain quite well the NAT mechanism that we are using. Let’s say I have Collector VM as the source and the PBE as the destination. We are using NAT mechanism to mas... See more...
Hi Ken, I think I didn’t explain quite well the NAT mechanism that we are using. Let’s say I have Collector VM as the source and the PBE as the destination. We are using NAT mechanism to mask the real IP of the Collector VM so: - the Collector VM sees the PBE with its real IP; - the PBE sees the Collector VM with the NAT IP and not with its real IP. When I launch a telnet command from the Collector VM towards the PBE I use the real IP of the PBE The DNS “mechanism” is implemented by using /etc/hosts and it is set up in the following way: - /etc/hosts on remote Collector VM contains the names and the real IPs of the rest of SRM servers, PBE/ABE and the rest of the collectors; - /etc/hosts on PBE/ABE and the rest of the local collectors contain (referring to the remote collector) the name and the NAT address (not the real address of the remote collector). I hope now I explained our NAT better. Thanks and regards, Mugur <http://vodafone.com/> Mugur Stef Storage Admin. Expert Storage Services Performance & Efficiency mugur.stef@vodafone.com<mailto:mugur.stef@vodafone.com> +40 733 508856 Avrig Office | 3-5 Avrig St, 021571 Bucharest, Romania Technology-Vodafone Shared Services Center Romania vodafone.com<http://vodafone.com/> The future is exciting. Ready?
Hi Ken, Not all of it. ☺ I’ll try to involve also Professional Services for this issue. I also created a SR for support but the support told me there was a network issue. I found some logs o... See more...
Hi Ken, Not all of it. ☺ I’ll try to involve also Professional Services for this issue. I also created a SR for support but the support told me there was a network issue. I found some logs on the remote collector: remote_collector:/opt/APG/Collecting/Collector-Manager/Load-Balancer/logs # grep -i PBE_hostname collecting-0-0.log INFO -- -- BasicMessagesLoggingHandler::channelInactive(): Communication channel is now inactive/closed com.watch4net.apg.v2.collector.PipeError: java.io.IOException: Cannot write to PBE_hostname:2000 Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot write to PBE_hostname:2000 INFO -- -- BasicMessagesLoggingHandler::channelActive(): Communication channel is now active com.watch4net.apg.v2.collector.PipeError: java.io.IOException: Cannot write to PBE_hostname:2000 Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot write to PBE_hostname:2000 The strange thing (but maybe not so strange) is that a test (made on the remote collector) like: telnet PBE_IP 2000 works just fine so I’m not sure we are talking about a network issue. Thanks and regards, Mugur <http://vodafone.com/> Mugur Stef Storage Admin. Expert Storage Services Performance & Efficiency mugur.stef@vodafone.com<mailto:mugur.stef@vodafone.com> +40 733 508856 Avrig Office | 3-5 Avrig St, 021571 Bucharest, Romania Technology-Vodafone Shared Services Center Romania vodafone.com<http://vodafone.com/> The future is exciting. Ready?
Hi Ken, I think I might not have explained well how NAT was used in my case. The PBE/ABE see the remote collector (all the other collectors are in the same subnet as the PBE/ABEs) through a NA... See more...
Hi Ken, I think I might not have explained well how NAT was used in my case. The PBE/ABE see the remote collector (all the other collectors are in the same subnet as the PBE/ABEs) through a NAT address but the remote collector (therefore the LBC that sits on it) sees the PBE/ABE with their real IP addresses. I know that for the specific connectivity between the remote collector (being the source) and the PBE (being the destination) I would need the following ports on the destination (besides other ports) to be opened: 2000, 2001, 2010, 2020 and 2040. For a connection to an ABE I would need 2100, 2101, 2200, 2201, 2300, 2301, 2400 and 2401. The most weird thing is that the data that the remote collector tries to send to the PBE are not getting there but the data that the remote collector tries to send to an ordinary ABE are getting there very well. This behavior leads us to the following result: data about a VMAX that is collected by the remote collector are getting to the ABE but data related to another VMAX that is also collected by the same remote collector but the “platform” chose to send to PBE instead to a ABE are not getting to the destination. And for having real fun there is another interesting fact. I’m getting an error on PBE that the remote collector is not able to connect on itself (the PBE) and on port 2000 but a simple telnet (done on the remote collector) test like “telnet PBE_IP_address 2000” is working just fine. I really don’t see an end to this story. Thanks and regards, Mugur <http://vodafone.com/> Mugur Stef Storage Admin. Expert Storage Services Performance & Efficiency mugur.stef@vodafone.com<mailto:mugur.stef@vodafone.com> +40 733 508856 Avrig Office | 3-5 Avrig St, 021571 Bucharest, Romania Technology-Vodafone Shared Services Center Romania vodafone.com<http://vodafone.com/> The future is exciting. Ready?
I want to know if any you used NAT between the different servers of the same SRM platform. To be more precise I want to know if you used NAT to connect PBE (primary backend) server with a remote ... See more...
I want to know if any you used NAT between the different servers of the same SRM platform. To be more precise I want to know if you used NAT to connect PBE (primary backend) server with a remote collector. I had to use this mechanism and it might be the case that I got some issues because of this but I'm not sure. Thanks and regards, Mugur
Hi Tim, I was looking for a schedule for new versions, some new features that the next versions would have and not something very specific. Thanks, Mugur
Hi All, Does anyone knows any info regarding ViPR SRM roadmap? Thanks, Mugur Stef
Did anyone try to monitor DCA by using EMC SRM? I tried to add to SRM the Linux machines that form the DCA but i cannot see anything but some filesystems on those machines.
Search "emc266584" on "Search Support" on Powerlink.
Hi, Any response to Flare upgrade? I'm in the same situation. Thank you,
So if I have 5874, using the same TF/SNAP license I could create 3 or 4 snap copies of the same 1 TB of data? Thank you.
Could anyone tell me more about the TimeFinder/Snap licensing policy? I know that you have to buy a license for a certain storage capacity that you want to protect but I would like to know more d... See more...
Could anyone tell me more about the TimeFinder/Snap licensing policy? I know that you have to buy a license for a certain storage capacity that you want to protect but I would like to know more details. Thank you.
Hi Paul, Here it is: symsnap list Symmetrix ID: aaa No Snap sessions found Symmetrix ID: bbb No Snap sessions found Symmetrix ID: ccc No Snap sessions found Symmetrix ID: ddd No Sna... See more...
Hi Paul, Here it is: symsnap list Symmetrix ID: aaa No Snap sessions found Symmetrix ID: bbb No Snap sessions found Symmetrix ID: ccc No Snap sessions found Symmetrix ID: ddd No Snap sessions found Symmetrix ID: xxx No Snap sessions found symrcopy list Symmetrix ID: aaa   No Devices with RCopy sessions were found. Symmetrix ID: bbb   No Devices with RCopy sessions were found. Symmetrix ID: ccc   No Devices with RCopy sessions were found. Symmetrix ID: ddd   No Devices with RCopy sessions were found. Symmetrix ID: xxx   No Devices with RCopy sessions were found. symclone list Symmetrix ID: aaa No Copy sessions found Symmetrix ID: bbb No Copy sessions found Symmetrix ID: ccc No Copy sessions found Symmetrix ID: ddd No Copy sessions found Symmetrix ID: xxx No Copy sessions found As you can see for the xxx Symmetrix Array there are no snap operation in place (or any alike operations). Thank you,
Hi, Output from the preview mode: A Configuration Change operation is in progress. Please wait...     Establishing a configuration change session...............Established.     Processi... See more...
Hi, Output from the preview mode: A Configuration Change operation is in progress. Please wait...     Establishing a configuration change session...............Established.     Processing symmetrix xxx     {       convert dev 028F to 2-Way Mir, raidset=false;     }     Performing Access checks..................................Allowed.     Checking Device Reservations..............................Allowed.     Submitting configuration changes..........................Submitted     Locking devices...........................................Locked.     Validating configuration changes..........................Validated.     Initiating PREPARE of configuration changes...............Prepared.     Closing configuration change request......................Closed.     Terminating the configuration change session..............Done. The configuration change session has completed successfully. Output from the commit: A Configuration Change operation is in progress. Please wait...     Establishing a configuration change session...............Established.     Processing symmetrix xxx     {       convert dev 028F to 2-Way Mir, raidset=false;     }     Performing Access checks..................................Allowed.     Checking Device Reservations..............................Allowed.     Submitting configuration changes..........................Submitted     Locking devices...........................................Locked.     Validating configuration changes..........................Validated.     Initiating PREPARE of configuration changes...............Prepared.     Initiating COMMIT of configuration changes................Queued.     COMMIT requesting required resources......................Obtained.     Step 002 of 027 steps.....................................Executing.     COMMIT monitoring failed     Error occurred while Committing     The state of a snap session is blocking the activation of the new configuration. Please see the API log file     Closing configuration change request......................Closed.     Terminating the configuration change session..............Done. The configuration change session has failed. By removing the BCV attribute did you meant converting to a STD device, didn't you? Thank you,
Hi dynamox, Output from the "delete dev 028F" with preview: A Configuration Change operation is in progress. Please wait...     Establishing a configuration change session.................. See more...
Hi dynamox, Output from the "delete dev 028F" with preview: A Configuration Change operation is in progress. Please wait...     Establishing a configuration change session...............Established.     Error occurred while Defining change number 1:     Cannot use the device for this function because it is a Copy Session source     Device 028F generated the failure     Terminating the configuration change session..............Done. The configuration change session has failed. I would like to use 028F as a standard device and along with other identical devices to be allocated to a host. The BCV feature of it was for a test only purpose. Thank you,
Hi, Maybe I'm wrong but I want to see no sign of any relationship between 01D7 and 028F. Do you think that from the above status I could use 028F as a STD device? I cannot delete 028F or do ... See more...
Hi, Maybe I'm wrong but I want to see no sign of any relationship between 01D7 and 028F. Do you think that from the above status I could use 028F as a STD device? I cannot delete 028F or do anything else but to mirror 01D7 in a device group. Again, sorry if I'm missing something obviuos. Thank you,
@Paul Martin Starting from the following status: symmir -g testdg query Device Group (DG) Name: testdg DG's Type             : REGULAR DG's Symmetrix ID     : xxx      Standard Device... See more...
@Paul Martin Starting from the following status: symmir -g testdg query Device Group (DG) Name: testdg DG's Type             : REGULAR DG's Symmetrix ID     : xxx      Standard Device                    BCV Device                  State -------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------------                     Inv.                                  Inv. Logical        Sym  Tracks Logical              Sym       Tracks STD <=> BCV -------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------------ DEV000         01D7      0 BCV000               028F *         0 Synchronized Total              -------                               -------   Track(s)               0                                     0   MB(s)                0.0                                   0.0 Legend: (*): The paired BCV device is associated with this group. symmir -g testdg split -instant Execute 'Split' operation for device group 'testdg' (y/ ) ? y 'Split' operation execution is in progress for device group 'testdg'. Please wait... 'Split' operation successfully executed for device group 'testdg'. symmir -g testdg query Device Group (DG) Name: testdg DG's Type             : REGULAR DG's Symmetrix ID     : 000000001129      Standard Device                    BCV Device                  State -------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------------                     Inv.                                  Inv. Logical        Sym  Tracks Logical              Sym       Tracks STD <=> BCV -------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------------ DEV000         01D7      0 BCV000               028F *         0 Split Total              -------                               -------   Track(s)               0                                     0   MB(s)                0.0                                   0.0 Legend: (*): The paired BCV device is associated with this group. symmir -g testdg cancel DEV000 bcv dev 028F Execute 'Cancel' operation for device 'DEV000' in device group 'testdg' (y/ ) ? y 'Cancel' operation execution is in progress for device 'DEV000' paired with BCV device '028F' in device group 'testdg'. Please wait... 'Cancel' operation successfully executed for device 'DEV000' in group 'testdg' paired with BCV device '028F'. symbcv -g testdg disassociate ld BCV000 symdg show testdg Group Name:  testdg     Group Type                                   : REGULAR     Device Group in GNS                          : Yes     Valid                                        : Yes     Symmetrix ID                                 : 000000001129     Group Creation Time                          : Fri Jan 14 08:18:00 2011     Vendor ID                                    : EMC Corp     Application ID                               : SYMCLI     Number of STD Devices in Group               :    1     Number of Associated GK's                    :    0     Number of Locally-associated BCV's           :    0     Number of Locally-associated VDEV's          :    0     Number of Locally-associated TGT's           :    0     Number of Remotely-associated VDEV's(STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated TGT's(TGT RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (BCV RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd RBCV's (RBCV RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd BCV's (Hop-2 BCV) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd VDEV's(Hop-2 VDEV):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd TGT's (Hop-2 TGT) :    0     Standard (STD) Devices (1):         {         --------------------------------------------------------------------                                                       Sym               Cap         LdevName              PdevName                Dev  Att. Sts     (MB)         --------------------------------------------------------------------         DEV000                N/A                     01D7 (M)  NR    138105         } As you can see from the following command nothing changed for the device 028F: symdev -sid xxx show 028F     Device Physical Name     : Not Visible     Device Symmetrix Name    : 028F     Device Serial ID         : N/A     Symmetrix ID             : xxx     Attached VDEV TGT Device : N/A     Vendor ID                : EMC     Product ID               : SYMMETRIX     Product Revision         : 5772     Device WWN               : xxx     Device Emulation Type    : FBA     Device Defined Label Type: N/A     Device Defined Label     : N/A     Device Sub System Id     : 0x0003     Cache Partition Name     : DEFAULT_PARTITION     Device Block Size        : 512     Device Capacity         {         Cylinders            :     147312         Tracks               :    2209680         512-byte Blocks      :  282839040         MegaBytes            :     138105         KiloBytes            :  141419520         }     Device Configuration     : 2-Way BCV Mir   (Meta Head,                                                 Non-Exclusive Access)     Device is WORM Enabled   : No     Device is WORM Protected : No     SCSI-3 Persistent Reserve: Disabled     Dynamic Spare Invoked    : No     Dynamic RDF Capability   : None     STAR Mode                : No     STAR Recovery Capability : None     STAR Recovery State      : NA     Device Service State     : Normal     Device Status            : Ready            (RW)     Device SA Status         : N/A              (N/A)     Meta Configuration       : Striped     Meta Stripe Size         : 960k    (1 Cylinders)     Meta Device Members (8)  :         {         ----------------------------------------------------------------------                                BCV  DATA                    RDF  DATA                       ----------------------------  --------------------------         Sym    Cap    Std Inv BCV Inv Pair          R1 Inv R2 Inv Pair         Dev    (MB)   Tracks  Tracks  State         Tracks Tracks State         ----------------------------------------------------------------------     --> 028F  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0290  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0291  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0292  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0293  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0294  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0295  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0296  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         ----------------------------------------------------------------------              138105        0       0                     -      -         }     Mirror Set Type          : [Data,Data,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set DA Status     : [RW,RW,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set Inv. Tracks   : [0,0,0,0]     Back End Disk Director Information         {         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [05C, D, 3]         Disk Director Volume Number            :  140 (0x8B)         Hyper Number                           :    9         Mirror Number                          : 1         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [15C, D, 3]         Disk Director Volume Number            :  140 (0x8B)         Hyper Number                           :    9         Mirror Number                          : 2         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         }     BCV Pair Information         {         Standard (STD) Device Symmetrix Name   : 01D7         Standard (STD) Device Serial ID        : Not Visible         Standard (STD) Device Group Name       : testdg         Standard (STD) Composite Group Name    : Not/Grouped         BCV Device Symmetrix Name              : 028F         BCV Device Serial ID                   : Not Visible         BCV Device Associated Group Name       : Not/Associated         BCV Device Associated CG Name          : Not/Associated         BCV Device Status                      : Ready           (RW)         State of Pair ( STD < \ > BCV )        : SplitNoInc         Time of Last BCV Action                : N/A         State of BCV Mirrors                   : Synchronized         BCV State Flags                        : (AllReady)         Percent Split                          : 100%         Number of Inv. Tracks for STD Device   : 0         Number of Inv. Tracks for BCV Device   : 0         } Thank you, Message was edited by: SymmetrixForumsModerator Modified Symmetrix ID.
Hi, @rworkman, Here it is: symmir -g testdg split -instant Execute 'Split' operation for device group 'testdg' (y/ ) ? y 'Split' operation execution is in progress for device group ... See more...
Hi, @rworkman, Here it is: symmir -g testdg split -instant Execute 'Split' operation for device group 'testdg' (y/ ) ? y 'Split' operation execution is in progress for device group 'testdg'. Please wait... 'Split' operation successfully executed for device group 'testdg'. symdg show testdg Group Name:  testdg     Group Type                                   : REGULAR     Device Group in GNS                          : Yes     Valid                                        : Yes     Symmetrix ID                                 : xxx     Group Creation Time                          : Fri Jan 14 08:18:00 2011     Vendor ID                                    : EMC Corp     Application ID                               : SYMCLI     Number of STD Devices in Group               :    1     Number of Associated GK's                    :    0     Number of Locally-associated BCV's           :    1     Number of Locally-associated VDEV's          :    0     Number of Locally-associated TGT's           :    0     Number of Remotely-associated VDEV's(STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated TGT's(TGT RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (BCV RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd RBCV's (RBCV RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd BCV's (Hop-2 BCV) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd VDEV's(Hop-2 VDEV):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd TGT's (Hop-2 TGT) :    0     Standard (STD) Devices (1):         {         --------------------------------------------------------------------                                                       Sym               Cap         LdevName              PdevName                Dev  Att. Sts     (MB)         --------------------------------------------------------------------         DEV000                N/A                     01D7 (M)  NR    138105     symdg show testdg Group Name:  testdg     Group Type                                   : REGULAR     Device Group in GNS                          : Yes     Valid                                        : Yes     Symmetrix ID                                 : xxx     Group Creation Time                          : Fri Jan 14 08:18:00 2011     Vendor ID                                    : EMC Corp     Application ID                               : SYMCLI     Number of STD Devices in Group               :    1     Number of Associated GK's                    :    0     Number of Locally-associated BCV's           :    1     Number of Locally-associated VDEV's          :    0     Number of Locally-associated TGT's           :    0     Number of Remotely-associated VDEV's(STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated TGT's(TGT RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (BCV RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd RBCV's (RBCV RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd BCV's (Hop-2 BCV) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd VDEV's(Hop-2 VDEV):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd TGT's (Hop-2 TGT) :    0     Standard (STD) Devices (1):         {         --------------------------------------------------------------------                                                       Sym               Cap         LdevName              PdevName                Dev  Att. Sts     (MB)         --------------------------------------------------------------------         DEV000                N/A                     01D7 (M)  NR    138105         }     BCV Devices Locally-associated (1):         {         --------------------------------------------------------------------                                                       Sym               Cap         LdevName              PdevName                Dev  Att. Sts     (MB)         --------------------------------------------------------------------         BCV000                N/A                     028F (M)  RW    138105         } symmir -g testdg query Device Group (DG) Name: testdg DG's Type             : REGULAR DG's Symmetrix ID     : 000000001129      Standard Device                    BCV Device                  State -------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------------                     Inv.                                  Inv. Logical        Sym  Tracks Logical              Sym       Tracks STD <=> BCV -------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------------ DEV000         01D7      0 BCV000               028F *         0 Split Total              -------                               -------   Track(s)               0                                     0   MB(s)                0.0                                   0.0 Legend: (*): The paired BCV device is associated with this group. symbcv -g testdg disassociate dev 028F   (without a hammer ) Cannot proceed when the device is paired in a Copy Session except if the force flag is used symbcv -g testdg disassociate ld BCV000  Cannot proceed when the device is paired in a Copy Session except if the force flag is used @samclaret I tried: symmir -g testdg cancel DEV000 bcv dev 028F Execute 'Cancel' operation for device 'DEV000' in device group 'testdg' (y/ ) ? y 'Cancel' operation execution is in progress for device 'DEV000' paired with BCV device '028F' in device group 'testdg'. Please wait... 'Cancel' operation successfully executed for device 'DEV000' in group 'testdg' paired with BCV device '028F'. symdev -sid 129 show 028F     Device Physical Name     : Not Visible     Device Symmetrix Name    : 028F     Device Serial ID         : N/A     Symmetrix ID             : xxx     Device Group Name        : testdg     Device Logical Name      : BCV000     Attached VDEV TGT Device : N/A     Vendor ID                : EMC     Product ID               : SYMMETRIX     Product Revision         : 5772     Device WWN               : xxx     Device Emulation Type    : FBA     Device Defined Label Type: N/A     Device Defined Label     : N/A     Device Sub System Id     : 0x0003     Cache Partition Name     : DEFAULT_PARTITION     Device Block Size        : 512     Device Capacity         {         Cylinders            :     147312         Tracks               :    2209680         512-byte Blocks      :  282839040         MegaBytes            :     138105         KiloBytes            :  141419520         }     Device Configuration     : 2-Way BCV Mir   (Meta Head,                                                 Non-Exclusive Access)     Device is WORM Enabled   : No     Device is WORM Protected : No     SCSI-3 Persistent Reserve: Disabled     Dynamic Spare Invoked    : No     Dynamic RDF Capability   : None     STAR Mode                : No     STAR Recovery Capability : None     STAR Recovery State      : NA     Device Service State     : Normal     Device Status            : Ready            (RW)     Device SA Status         : N/A              (N/A)     Meta Configuration       : Striped     Meta Stripe Size         : 960k    (1 Cylinders)     Meta Device Members (8)  :         {         ----------------------------------------------------------------------                                BCV  DATA                    RDF  DATA                       ----------------------------  --------------------------         Sym    Cap    Std Inv BCV Inv Pair          R1 Inv R2 Inv Pair         Dev    (MB)   Tracks  Tracks  State         Tracks Tracks State         ----------------------------------------------------------------------     --> 028F  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0290  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0291  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0292  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0293  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0294  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0295  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         0296  17263        0       0  SplitNoInc         -      - N/A         ----------------------------------------------------------------------              138105        0       0                     -      -         }     Mirror Set Type          : [Data,Data,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set DA Status     : [RW,RW,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set Inv. Tracks   : [0,0,0,0]     Back End Disk Director Information         {         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [05C, D, 3]         Disk Director Volume Number            :  140 (0x8B)         Hyper Number                           :    9         Mirror Number                          : 1         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [15C, D, 3]         Disk Director Volume Number            :  140 (0x8B)         Hyper Number                           :    9         Mirror Number                          : 2         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         }     BCV Pair Information         {         Standard (STD) Device Symmetrix Name   : 01D7         Standard (STD) Device Serial ID        : Not Visible         Standard (STD) Device Group Name       : testdg         Standard (STD) Composite Group Name    : Not/Grouped         BCV Device Symmetrix Name              : 028F         BCV Device Serial ID                   : Not Visible         BCV Device Associated Group Name       : testdg         BCV Device Associated CG Name          : Not/Associated         BCV Device Status                      : Ready           (RW)         State of Pair ( STD < \ > BCV )        : SplitNoInc         Time of Last BCV Action                : N/A         State of BCV Mirrors                   : Synchronized         BCV State Flags                        : (AllReady)         Percent Split                          : 100%         Number of Inv. Tracks for STD Device   : 0         Number of Inv. Tracks for BCV Device   : 0         } It seems that I'll have to open a Service Request for this problem. I really don't know what could have happened. Thank you, Message was edited by: SymmetrixForumsModerator Modified Symmetrix ID.
Hi, I created again the configuration from the begining: symdg create testdg symld -g testdg add dev 01D7 DEV000 -sid xxx symbcv -g testdg -sid 129 associate dev 028F BCV000 symmir -g te... See more...
Hi, I created again the configuration from the begining: symdg create testdg symld -g testdg add dev 01D7 DEV000 -sid xxx symbcv -g testdg -sid 129 associate dev 028F BCV000 symmir -g testdg -full establish DEV000 bcv ld BCV000 and this is what we have: symmir -g testdg query Device Group (DG) Name: testdg DG's Type             : REGULAR DG's Symmetrix ID     : 000000001129      Standard Device                    BCV Device                  State -------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------------                     Inv.                                  Inv. Logical        Sym  Tracks Logical              Sym       Tracks STD <=> BCV -------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------------ DEV000         01D7      0 BCV000               028F *         0 Synchronized Total              -------                               -------   Track(s)               0                                     0   MB(s)                0.0                                   0.0 symdg show testdg Group Name:  testdg     Group Type                                   : REGULAR     Device Group in GNS                          : Yes     Valid                                        : Yes     Symmetrix ID                                 : 000000001129     Group Creation Time                          : Fri Jan 14 08:18:00 2011     Vendor ID                                    : EMC Corp     Application ID                               : SYMCLI     Number of STD Devices in Group               :    1     Number of Associated GK's                    :    0     Number of Locally-associated BCV's           :    1     Number of Locally-associated VDEV's          :    0     Number of Locally-associated TGT's           :    0     Number of Remotely-associated VDEV's(STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated TGT's(TGT RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (BCV RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd RBCV's (RBCV RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd BCV's (Hop-2 BCV) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd VDEV's(Hop-2 VDEV):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd TGT's (Hop-2 TGT) :    0     Standard (STD) Devices (1):         {         --------------------------------------------------------------------                                                       Sym               Cap         LdevName              PdevName                Dev  Att. Sts     (MB)         --------------------------------------------------------------------         DEV000                N/A                     01D7 (M)  NR    138105         }     BCV Devices Locally-associated (1):         {         --------------------------------------------------------------------                                                       Sym               Cap         LdevName              PdevName                Dev  Att. Sts     (MB)         --------------------------------------------------------------------         BCV000                N/A                     028F (M)  NR    138105         } symdev -sid xxx show 01D7 Device Physical Name     : Not Visible     Device Symmetrix Name    : 01D7     Device Serial ID         : N/A     Symmetrix ID             : xxx     Device Group Name        : testdg     Device Logical Name      : DEV000     Attached BCV Device      : N/A     Attached VDEV TGT Device : N/A     Vendor ID                : EMC     Product ID               : SYMMETRIX     Product Revision         : 5772     Device WWN               : xxx     Device Emulation Type    : FBA     Device Defined Label Type: N/A     Device Defined Label     : N/A     Device Sub System Id     : 0x0002     Cache Partition Name     : DEFAULT_PARTITION     Device Block Size        : 512     Device Capacity         {         Cylinders            :     147312         Tracks               :    2209680         512-byte Blocks      :  282839040         MegaBytes            :     138105         KiloBytes            :  141419520         }     Device Configuration     : 2-Way Mir       (Meta Head,                                                 Non-Exclusive Access)     Device is WORM Enabled   : No     Device is WORM Protected : No     SCSI-3 Persistent Reserve: Disabled     Dynamic Spare Invoked    : No     Dynamic RDF Capability   : None     STAR Mode                : No     STAR Recovery Capability : None     STAR Recovery State      : NA     Device Service State     : Normal     Device Status            : Not Ready        (NR)     Device SA Status         : N/A              (N/A)     Meta Configuration       : Striped     Meta Stripe Size         : 960k    (1 Cylinders)     Meta Device Members (8)  :         {         ----------------------------------------------------------------------                                BCV  DATA                    RDF  DATA                       ----------------------------  --------------------------         Sym    Cap    Std Inv BCV Inv Pair          R1 Inv R2 Inv Pair         Dev    (MB)   Tracks  Tracks  State         Tracks Tracks State         ----------------------------------------------------------------------     --> 01D7  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         01D8  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         01D9  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         01DA  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         01DB  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         01DC  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         01DD  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         01DE  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         ----------------------------------------------------------------------              138105        0       0                     -      -         }     Mirror Set Type          : [Data,Data,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set DA Status     : [RW,RW,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set Inv. Tracks   : [0,0,0,0]     Back End Disk Director Information         {         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [05C, C, 2]         Disk Director Volume Number            :   12 (0xB)         Hyper Number                           :    3         Mirror Number                          : 1         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [15C, C, 2]         Disk Director Volume Number            :   12 (0xB)         Hyper Number                           :    3         Mirror Number                          : 2         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         }     BCV Pair Information         {         Standard (STD) Device Symmetrix Name   : 01D7         Standard (STD) Device Serial ID        : Not Visible         Standard (STD) Device Group Name       : testdg         Standard (STD) Composite Group Name    : Not/Grouped         BCV Device Symmetrix Name              : 028F         BCV Device Serial ID                   : Not Visible         BCV Device Associated Group Name       : testdg         BCV Device Associated CG Name          : Not/Associated         BCV Device Status                      : Not Ready       (NR)         State of Pair ( STD ====> BCV )        : Synchronized         Percent Initiated                      : 100%         Time of Last BCV Action                : Fri Jan 14 08:19:51 2011         State of BCV Mirrors                   : Synchronized         BCV State Flags                        : (CantRevSpl)(AllReady)(Emulation)         Number of Inv. Tracks for STD Device   : 0         Number of Inv. Tracks for BCV Device   : 0         } symdev -sid xxx show 028F Device Physical Name     : Not Visible     Device Symmetrix Name    : 028F     Device Serial ID         : N/A     Symmetrix ID             : xxx     Device Group Name        : testdg     Device Logical Name      : BCV000     Attached VDEV TGT Device : N/A     Vendor ID                : EMC     Product ID               : SYMMETRIX     Product Revision         : 5772     Device WWN               : xxx     Device Emulation Type    : FBA     Device Defined Label Type: N/A     Device Defined Label     : N/A     Device Sub System Id     : 0x0003     Cache Partition Name     : DEFAULT_PARTITION     Device Block Size        : 512     Device Capacity         {         Cylinders            :     147312         Tracks               :    2209680         512-byte Blocks      :  282839040         MegaBytes            :     138105         KiloBytes            :  141419520         }     Device Configuration     : 2-Way BCV Mir   (Meta Head,                                                 Non-Exclusive Access)     Device is WORM Enabled   : No     Device is WORM Protected : No     SCSI-3 Persistent Reserve: Disabled     Dynamic Spare Invoked    : No     Dynamic RDF Capability   : None     STAR Mode                : No     STAR Recovery Capability : None     STAR Recovery State      : NA     Device Service State     : Normal     Device Status            : Not Ready        (NR)     Device SA Status         : N/A              (N/A)     Meta Configuration       : Striped     Meta Stripe Size         : 960k    (1 Cylinders)     Meta Device Members (8)  :         {         ----------------------------------------------------------------------                                BCV  DATA                    RDF  DATA                       ----------------------------  --------------------------         Sym    Cap    Std Inv BCV Inv Pair          R1 Inv R2 Inv Pair         Dev    (MB)   Tracks  Tracks  State         Tracks Tracks State         ----------------------------------------------------------------------     --> 028F  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         0290  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         0291  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         0292  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         0293  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         0294  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         0295  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         0296  17263        0       0  Synchronized       -      - N/A         ----------------------------------------------------------------------              138105        0       0                     -      -         }     Mirror Set Type          : [Data,Data,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set DA Status     : [RW,RW,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set Inv. Tracks   : [0,0,0,0]     Back End Disk Director Information         {         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [05C, D, 3]         Disk Director Volume Number            :  140 (0x8B)         Hyper Number                           :    9         Mirror Number                          : 1         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [15C, D, 3]         Disk Director Volume Number            :  140 (0x8B)         Hyper Number                           :    9         Mirror Number                          : 2         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         }     BCV Pair Information         {         Standard (STD) Device Symmetrix Name   : 01D7         Standard (STD) Device Serial ID        : Not Visible         Standard (STD) Device Group Name       : testdg         Standard (STD) Composite Group Name    : Not/Grouped         BCV Device Symmetrix Name              : 028F         BCV Device Serial ID                   : Not Visible         BCV Device Associated Group Name       : testdg         BCV Device Associated CG Name          : Not/Associated         BCV Device Status                      : Not Ready       (NR BCV)         State of Pair ( STD ====> BCV )        : Synchronized         Percent Initiated                      : 100%         Time of Last BCV Action                : Fri Jan 14 08:19:51 2011         State of BCV Mirrors                   : Synchronized         BCV State Flags                        : (CantRevSpl)(AllReady)(Emulation)         Number of Inv. Tracks for STD Device   : 0         Number of Inv. Tracks for BCV Device   : 0         } What should I do next to remove everything related to BCV for these 2 devices, 01D7 and 028F? Thank you, Message was edited by: SymmetrixForumsModerator Modified Symmetrix IDs.
Hi dynamox, I tried to create another device group and to force 028F to become a BCV for another device: symdg create testdg symld -g testdg add dev 0297 DEV000 -sid xxx             (0297 ... See more...
Hi dynamox, I tried to create another device group and to force 028F to become a BCV for another device: symdg create testdg symld -g testdg add dev 0297 DEV000 -sid xxx             (0297 is identical device as 01D7 or 028F) symbcv -g testdg -sid xxx associate dev 028F BCV000 Group Name:  testdg     Group Type                                   : REGULAR     Device Group in GNS                          : Yes     Valid                                        : Yes     Symmetrix ID                                 : xxx     Group Creation Time                          : Wed Jan 12 08:43:35 2011     Vendor ID                                    : EMC Corp     Application ID                               : SYMCLI     Number of STD Devices in Group               :    1     Number of Associated GK's                    :    0     Number of Locally-associated BCV's           :    1     Number of Locally-associated VDEV's          :    0     Number of Locally-associated TGT's           :    0     Number of Remotely-associated VDEV's(STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (STD RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-associated TGT's(TGT RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-associated BCV's (BCV RDF):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd RBCV's (RBCV RDF) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd BCV's (Hop-2 BCV) :    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd VDEV's(Hop-2 VDEV):    0     Number of Remotely-assoc'd TGT's (Hop-2 TGT) :    0     Standard (STD) Devices (1):         {         --------------------------------------------------------------------                                                       Sym               Cap         LdevName              PdevName                Dev  Att. Sts     (MB)         --------------------------------------------------------------------         DEV000                N/A                     0297 (M)  RW    138105         }     BCV Devices Locally-associated (1):         {         --------------------------------------------------------------------                                                       Sym               Cap         LdevName              PdevName                Dev  Att. Sts     (MB)         --------------------------------------------------------------------         BCV000                N/A                     028F (M)  RW    138105         } symmir -g testdg -full establish DEV000 bcv ld BCV000 Execute 'Full Establish' operation for device 'DEV000' in device group 'testdg' (y/ ) ? y 'Full Establish' operation execution is in progress for device 'DEV000' paired with BCV device 'BCV000' in device group 'testdg'. Please wait... A configuration mismatch was detected among members of your META device(s) The 2 specific devices 01D7 and 028F are nor mapped or masked in any way. They are really 2 standalone devices not implied in any other relationship. As an answer for a previous note from Booyah: early in the morning I ran a "symcfg discover" but the 2 well-known devices 01D7 and 028F are as before: symdev -sid 129 show 028F     Device Physical Name     : Not Visible     Device Symmetrix Name    : 028F     Device Serial ID         : N/A     Symmetrix ID             : xxx     Attached VDEV TGT Device : N/A     Vendor ID                : EMC     Product ID               : SYMMETRIX     Product Revision         : 5772     Device WWN               : xxx     Device Emulation Type    : FBA     Device Defined Label Type: N/A     Device Defined Label     : N/A     Device Sub System Id     : 0x0003     Cache Partition Name     : DEFAULT_PARTITION     Device Block Size        : 512     Device Capacity         {         Cylinders            :      18414         Tracks               :     276210         512-byte Blocks      :   35354880         MegaBytes            :      17263         KiloBytes            :   17677440         }     Device Configuration     : 2-Way BCV Mir   (Non-Exclusive Access)     Device is WORM Enabled   : No     Device is WORM Protected : No     SCSI-3 Persistent Reserve: Disabled     Dynamic Spare Invoked    : No     Dynamic RDF Capability   : None     STAR Mode                : No     STAR Recovery Capability : None     STAR Recovery State      : NA     Device Service State     : Normal     Device Status            : Ready            (RW)     Device SA Status         : N/A              (N/A)     Mirror Set Type          : [Data,Data,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set DA Status     : [RW,RW,N/A,N/A]     Mirror Set Inv. Tracks   : [0,0,0,0]     Back End Disk Director Information         {         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [05C, D, 3]         Disk Director Volume Number            :  140 (0x8B)         Hyper Number                           :    9         Mirror Number                          : 1         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         Hyper Type                             : Data         Hyper Status                           : Ready           (RW)         Disk [Director, Interface, TID]        : [15C, D, 3]         Disk Director Volume Number            :  140 (0x8B)         Hyper Number                           :    9         Mirror Number                          : 2         Disk Capacity                          : 140014m         Disk Group Number                      : 1         Disk Group Name                        : DISK_GROUP_001         }     BCV Pair Information         {         Standard (STD) Device Symmetrix Name   : 01D7         Standard (STD) Device Serial ID        : Not Visible         Standard (STD) Device Group Name       : Not/Grouped         Standard (STD) Composite Group Name    : Not/Grouped         BCV Device Symmetrix Name              : 028F         BCV Device Serial ID                   : Not Visible         BCV Device Associated Group Name       : Not/Associated         BCV Device Associated CG Name          : Not/Associated         BCV Device Status                      : Ready           (RW)         State of Pair ( STD < \ > BCV )        : SplitNoInc         Time of Last BCV Action                : N/A         State of BCV Mirrors                   : Synchronized         BCV State Flags                        : (AllReady)         Percent Split                          : 100%         Number of Inv. Tracks for STD Device   : 0         Number of Inv. Tracks for BCV Device   : 0         } Thank you, Message was edited by: SymmetrixForumsModerator Removed Symmetrix ID and WWN.
Hi, I cannot delete this device, 01D7, and by the error message, (earlier in this thread) this is related to the other device which with once formed a BCV pair. This device is not related to ... See more...
Hi, I cannot delete this device, 01D7, and by the error message, (earlier in this thread) this is related to the other device which with once formed a BCV pair. This device is not related to anything else and I really don't see any reason why I couldn't delete it. Thank you,