Omar2008's Posts

Omar2008's Posts

Can be configure synchronous replication over ethernte 10Gb port on Unity?
Thanks A lot!!!
Hello, After créate a LUN we presented in to a DUAL Cluster VIOS in Unity (cluster) Powerpath and ODM are installed in both VIOS, and powermt show hdiskpower0 Also change the lsattr -El hdiskp... See more...
Hello, After créate a LUN we presented in to a DUAL Cluster VIOS in Unity (cluster) Powerpath and ODM are installed in both VIOS, and powermt show hdiskpower0 Also change the lsattr -El hdiskpowerX reserve_policy=no reserve in both VIOS After asigning to the VIOS1 succesfully we tryied to asign it to VIOS2 an shows the following error: "The Virtual IO Server Encountered an error whilw processing you request. In some cases, repeatin the command with the forcé flag will allow it to succed. However, this approach can sometimes result in damaged data if used in an improper way. Please Try to forcé Command below. HSCL400C A VIOS command syntax error has ocurred. Cannot open a file or device.
Hello, How can I delete or deregister a Host Initiator that has been register automatically in Unity array?? Best regards Omar
Hello, I am having the same situation... we just implement a new UNity 300 and we have the necesity to migrate a Lun to a faster pool that is already in production and can not find the Lun Migra... See more...
Hello, I am having the same situation... we just implement a new UNity 300 and we have the necesity to migrate a Lun to a faster pool that is already in production and can not find the Lun Migration... best regards
Hello, Customer have a Vplex Metro with VNX5700 on both sites. Customer has acquired a new VNX5600 and I have already migrate all production distributed device and logging-volumen. Now I need t... See more...
Hello, Customer have a Vplex Metro with VNX5700 on both sites. Customer has acquired a new VNX5600 and I have already migrate all production distributed device and logging-volumen. Now I need to migrate or move the meta-volumen (2 meta-volumen & 2 backup meta-volumen) from old VNX5700 to new VNX5600 array... what is the best way to perform this task? best regards Omar
hello, I´m trying to import a RecoverPoint Test Image, creating a logged image Access then present it to the SG in the VNX5400 in customer site 2. The LUN rescan in the SUN 490 Works fine... it ... See more...
hello, I´m trying to import a RecoverPoint Test Image, creating a logged image Access then present it to the SG in the VNX5400 in customer site 2. The LUN rescan in the SUN 490 Works fine... it shows all the Luns online. after that we try to import from veritas VEA but it fails show the message: need to run filesystem check scenario: SIte 1 2 RPA Cluster Gen 5 versión 4.0 Array VNX5400 server SUN 490, Solaris 10 & Veritas Xmanager 3.0 multipath: DMP Site2 2 RPA Cluster Gen 5 versión 4.0 Array VNX5400 server SUN 490, Solaris 10 & Veritas Xmanager 3.0 multipath: DMP
Hello!! I already open a putty sesión and made the change via CLI but it doesnt change in the GUI interface. I have a Cluster with GEN5 RPA´s and RecoverPoint 4.0 best regards Omar
Does anyboddy have any idea when is going to be available RecoverPoint 4.0? best regards Omar
Hello all, Is it possible a LUN that is already replicating in a Recoverpoint CG, be configure as a source in MirrorView/A throw iSCSI?? best regards Omar
Hello Srs, I had to perform a VNX upgrade flare code to the last version 05.31.000.5.509 due to the primus emc277834. So I started the upgrade using USM last version and the upgrade for the Sec... See more...
Hello Srs, I had to perform a VNX upgrade flare code to the last version 05.31.000.5.509 due to the primus emc277834. So I started the upgrade using USM last version and the upgrade for the Secondary SP finish ok and continue with the installation and rebooting with the Primary SP. THis procedure hung at 95% then loss connection, I can ping to both SP´s but I can not access the GUI inteface. The SPB is up and running and I have access to all data luns but the SPA despite I can ping it seems to be down because in RecoverPoint I can not reach that SPA Anyone can help with this issue? best regards Omar
Thks a lot Ernes....works fine!!! best regards
Hello Srs, I have a VNX 5500 in site 1 and a VNX 5300 in site 2, have many metaluns replicated using RecoverPoint. I had to expand a 100GB Metalun to a 150GB in both sites. I stopped the replica... See more...
Hello Srs, I have a VNX 5500 in site 1 and a VNX 5300 in site 2, have many metaluns replicated using RecoverPoint. I had to expand a 100GB Metalun to a 150GB in both sites. I stopped the replication before dong the stripped expand in both metaluns. The expantion finish 100% successfully in both sites but the Windows Cluster is not able to se the expand capacity.... I tried teh refresh option and the rescan disk and still shows 100gb. can someone tellme the proecedure to be able to see the total capacity of 150gb... best regards Omar
Dear Srs, I have the following issue: We did an abnormal turn off a VNX 5500 due to a power failure. first went down the SPB (all side B including enclousures) and a couple minutes later (3min) ... See more...
Dear Srs, I have the following issue: We did an abnormal turn off a VNX 5500 due to a power failure. first went down the SPB (all side B including enclousures) and a couple minutes later (3min) went down de SPA. After solving the power failure we turn on the VNX 5500 but it show the following error in 2 disk: Severity : Error System : VNXZ91-CKM00111800681 Domain : Local Created : Jul 12, 2011 4:26:52 PM Message : A critical disk drive (Bus 1 Enclosure 0 Disk 11) is in a wrong slot. Full Description : A critical disk drive in a RAID group is in the wrong slot. Depending on the RAID type of the RAID group, your LUNs are inaccessible by servers or are at greater risk of data loss. Recommended Action : The disk drive(Bus 1 Enclosure 0 Disk 11) having serial number  is critical and is currently in a wrong slot(11). See the array eventlog for more information of the disk. Move the disk back to its original slot. When the disk drives complete rebuilding, the storage objects, such as LUNs, raid group, or thin pool will become available again. Event Code : 0x7481 best regards omar
Hello Galak, You have to use the CLI to add the secondary image, the command is: To add the destination LUN (image) to the mirror, type: $ /nas/opt/Navisphere/bin/naviseccli -h Example ... See more...
Hello Galak, You have to use the CLI to add the secondary image, the command is: To add the destination LUN (image) to the mirror, type: $ /nas/opt/Navisphere/bin/naviseccli -h Example (to add destination LUN 17 as a secondary image to the remote mirror aviator_m0, which has the source dos control LUN): $ /nas/opt/Navisphere/bin/naviseccli -h aviator-spa -user nasadmin -password nasadmin -scope 0 mirror -sync -addimage -name aviator_m0 -arrayhost 10.6.1.112 -lun 17 Best regards Omar De: galak Enviado el: jueves, 19 de mayo de 2011 11:21 a.m. Para: Omar Garcia Asunto: New message: "VNX initiator issue" EMC Community Network<https://community.emc.com/index.jspa> VNX initiator issue reply from galak<https://community.emc.com/people/galak> in VNX Family - View the full discussion<https://community.emc.com/message/546596#546596
Hello Galak, In VNX family the MV port is the lowest port so use Port 0 in the zoning config Omar Sent from my iPhone
Thank you for your answer Rainer!! I already try to connect using the cli I think is the same primus..... It doesnt find the port! Can I share the domain by CLI?? Omar Sent from my iPho... See more...
Thank you for your answer Rainer!! I already try to connect using the cli I think is the same primus..... It doesnt find the port! Can I share the domain by CLI?? Omar Sent from my iPhone
Hello, can someone help me with this issue:? I´m trying to enable a mirrorview connection between a CX3-10c & a VNX-5500 using naviseccli. I did the right zonning, also ugrade the flare to the ... See more...
Hello, can someone help me with this issue:? I´m trying to enable a mirrorview connection between a CX3-10c & a VNX-5500 using naviseccli. I did the right zonning, also ugrade the flare to the latest patch: cx3-10c = 3.26.010.5.032 & vnx = 5.31.000.5.008. Mirrorview/S is installed in both arrays as well. The issue is I can see cx3-10c initiators in the VNX conectivity status window, but can NOT see the VNX initiators in the cx3-10c connectivity status windows. I already drop the zonning and recreated again and still the same problem. I also installed SanCopy and tryed to configure but the same problem with de SANcopy initiators for the VNX box. best regards omar
Thank you Brion, I am going to check the matrix and try the procedure today. I tried to see the link but seems that I have no access! best regards omar
Can I configure a PowerPath on a AIX 5.3 server which has already intalled RDAC connected to a IBM DS4500. What I am trying to do is a data migration to a Clariion CX4-120 using 1 HBA connected t... See more...
Can I configure a PowerPath on a AIX 5.3 server which has already intalled RDAC connected to a IBM DS4500. What I am trying to do is a data migration to a Clariion CX4-120 using 1 HBA connected to the CX4-120 ando keep the other one connected to the DS45000. Best Regards Omar