SJHiker's Posts

SJHiker's Posts

Ok.. so I hooked up a brand new server today with HBAs that have never been seen by the clarrion and made an interesting observation. The new host (2 hbas) automatically appeared as "manually ... See more...
Ok.. so I hooked up a brand new server today with HBAs that have never been seen by the clarrion and made an interesting observation. The new host (2 hbas) automatically appeared as "manually registered". The other hosts which were upgraded from ESX3.5 to vsphere4, which previously had automatic registration via the agent, all show "U" icons for agent not reachable.  Seems that the clariion thinks that an agent should be there where there isn't an agent anymore and that the clarrion can't switch from agent to no agent when you upgrade from esx3.5 to 4. Odd behavior.
So I followed your procedure.  I shut down the vsphere system, removed the host from all storage groups, went into Connectivity status and deregistered the host.  Then I powered the host back on.... See more...
So I followed your procedure.  I shut down the vsphere system, removed the host from all storage groups, went into Connectivity status and deregistered the host.  Then I powered the host back on.  The host has only one nic in it that is connected to the network and configured with an IP address.  When the host came back on, I received the expected event that two unregistered hbas logged into the fabric.  However, when I went to the hosts tab, I saw once again the host and it was listed as Manually registered. Is it also expected that you cannot do things like "Server Update now" since there's no agent on the vsphere?
I have IP connectivity.  Previously with navisphere, I had to open up ports in the ESX firewall, however, I haven't seen any instructions that require that this be done with vsphere.
I've recently installed a vSphere 4.0 setup connected to a cx3-20 with flare 3.26.20.5.019.  As per the Host Connectivity guide, I did not install the naviagent on the ESX consoles.  I've got two... See more...
I've recently installed a vSphere 4.0 setup connected to a cx3-20 with flare 3.26.20.5.019.  As per the Host Connectivity guide, I did not install the naviagent on the ESX consoles.  I've got two problems that I'm running into Navisphere shows 3/4 of the hosts as "Host Agent not Reachable".  I've read through the forums that vsphere 4 will auto-register when the system boots. Is this to be expected? One of the hosts was previously manually registered, and the hosts screen still shows it as manually registered.  I'm not sure how to remove the manual registration so I can see the OS etc.  I've tried rebooting, deleting the hostidfile.txt file, rebooting again, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks SJHiker
I was upgrading FLARE the other day on a CX20 and since it was taking about 2hrs to complete, I was wondering what would have happened if the PC running the service taskbar rebooted? Can the up... See more...
I was upgrading FLARE the other day on a CX20 and since it was taking about 2hrs to complete, I was wondering what would have happened if the PC running the service taskbar rebooted? Can the upgrade complete without the service taskbar application running?