RK_J's Posts

RK_J's Posts

We have a syncIQ policy running on a folder called - DepartmentalData and there are 136 multiple subfolders under DepartmentalData. Can we create another SyncIQ policy for one of the su... See more...
We have a syncIQ policy running on a folder called - DepartmentalData and there are 136 multiple subfolders under DepartmentalData. Can we create another SyncIQ policy for one of the subfolders ? Can we have overlapping SyncIQ policies running on this main folder and subfolders at the same time? Is there a requirement that we have to disable syncIQ policy running on main folder and then create & enable the policy for a subfolder ? We need to know this because we are using superna eyeglass for failover a specific subfolder and that cant be done if a syncIQ policy is not running. Thanks.
What are the next steps after I add them in a tier regarding file pool polic ies ?
We have isilon cluster with multiple nodes, NL410, NL400, X400 and A400. Had a requirement to migrate data from NL410 to NL400 node pool. I understand with smartpool license we can updat... See more...
We have isilon cluster with multiple nodes, NL410, NL400, X400 and A400. Had a requirement to migrate data from NL410 to NL400 node pool. I understand with smartpool license we can update default filepool policy, update targets to new nodes, lets say A400 in this case. Will this policy take effect for new writes only. How can I migrate existing data from NL410 ?
We have Isilon storage (2 clusters ) with mixed node types - NL400, NL410,  X400 and new a40 nodes on which we are planning to migrate entire data. One issue, we are still using root logins and... See more...
We have Isilon storage (2 clusters ) with mixed node types - NL400, NL410,  X400 and new a40 nodes on which we are planning to migrate entire data. One issue, we are still using root logins and no administrator account setup, or any integration with LDAP. I haven't done this integration, its always done beforehand. Whats are details we need to do this and how can we integrate Isilon authorization with LDAP ? Please suggest.
We have an environment of Isilon Gen6 nodes. One for production and another for DR. SyncIQ is running Active Passive, Prod >> DR We are planning to install Superna Eyeglass for Failover and DR r... See more...
We have an environment of Isilon Gen6 nodes. One for production and another for DR. SyncIQ is running Active Passive, Prod >> DR We are planning to install Superna Eyeglass for Failover and DR readiness. I have question regarding the Failover and failback activities for Smartlock directories. Lets see when Prod site is havng issues and we failover users to DR and user writes new data on DR. During failback when we sync data from DR to Prod using resync Prep and mirror job in eyeglass. Will they be able to write data on Prod Smartlock directories ? Any suggestions most welcome.