Radeqs's Posts

Radeqs's Posts

Hello again . I'm not sure, but I think that deduplication ratio for your incremental backups is about 3 (blue to red ratio on the chart). Maybe incremental backups (with block change tracking... See more...
Hello again . I'm not sure, but I think that deduplication ratio for your incremental backups is about 3 (blue to red ratio on the chart). Maybe incremental backups (with block change tracking) is a must, because of size of your database. But if there is a chance to do a full backup in a working day backup window, maybe You should try full backups for couple days without incrementals. BTW. What is the reason that full backups have so big diffrence in size before deduplication? Maybe your DB really has huge changes week to week?
Hello, Sorry for my English, I'm writing from Poland. According to chart which You included, it seems that Oracle database has one full backup per week and every other day incremental backups. ... See more...
Hello, Sorry for my English, I'm writing from Poland. According to chart which You included, it seems that Oracle database has one full backup per week and every other day incremental backups. Because of incremental backups You shoudn't expect deduplication ratio above 10. Main advantage of Oracle backup with Datadomain is that You don't have full backup penalty. You should try to do full backup every day and deduplication ratio will be above 15. It's even possible that incremental backups take more space then everyday full backups. Best regards, Konrad