chipconnection's Posts

chipconnection's Posts

Solved the problem.   - I used the ResourceCD instead of the downloaded software. - I did a Repair on the three Dell Data Protection | Access packages. - Once the system restarted I had the Del... See more...
Solved the problem.   - I used the ResourceCD instead of the downloaded software. - I did a Repair on the three Dell Data Protection | Access packages. - Once the system restarted I had the Dell -> Access program on my system and could setup my fingerprint.
Hello all, I'm in exactly the same spot.  I did a clean Win7 install when I got my E6320 and have everything working except the fingerprint software.  I believe I have downloaded every possible dri... See more...
Hello all, I'm in exactly the same spot.  I did a clean Win7 install when I got my E6320 and have everything working except the fingerprint software.  I believe I have downloaded every possible driver and software package off of the support site, but there still does not seem to be any software to use the fingerprint reader.  Any help would be appreciated.
I need some help getting a Dell Multifunction Color Laser 1235cn to scan to a Mac. I have downloaded and installed the drivers from Dell's website.  The scanner is listed in System Preferences but ... See more...
I need some help getting a Dell Multifunction Color Laser 1235cn to scan to a Mac. I have downloaded and installed the drivers from Dell's website.  The scanner is listed in System Preferences but does not function properly. When I try to scan either from the Flatbed or the ADF, the scanner makes a small noise like a gear just starting to turn.  Then nothing. If I initiate the scan with the software on the Mac, it acts like it thinks the scanner is working, but no image comes up. If I initiate the scan from the 1235cn (Scan to PC -> Local PC) I get an error on the LCD, "Not Available" I've tried both USB and network connections.  Neither work.  The printer does print ok though. Thanks, -John 
I am getting the imfamous Invalid Drive STOP error while trying to load SBS 2003 R2 on a new T605.   I have tried the following: - Used the Dell Build Utility to load the system with an origina... See more...
I am getting the imfamous Invalid Drive STOP error while trying to load SBS 2003 R2 on a new T605.   I have tried the following: - Used the Dell Build Utility to load the system with an original SBS Disk 1.  - Used the Dell Build Utility to load the system with a SBS Disk 1 with the Sata driver Slipstreamed using nLite.  (Get STOP error further into the reboot in this case. I don't have a floppy drive in the server or in any other running machine.  I have some and could cobble together a machine to make the driver Floppy and use the F6 option.   Is there another way?  (I find it hard to believe that MS hasn't realized we will be using Flash drives for this kind of thing.) One Note: I have an Action Pack DVD of SBS 2003 R2.  The Dell Build util doesn't support loading from a DVD so I burned all the CD? folders to CD.  Don't think there is any difference,  but thought I'd mention it.   Thanks, ChipConnJohn
Thanks much, This did the trick. I uninstalled all Open Manage software and installed Array Manager 3.6 and everything is working great. -John
Oops. I meant delete the Data partition and use EXPART. -jn
I'm not sure I follow your question about the RAID. It is one 3 drive RAID 5 that has two partitions on it. One partition is the System drive C:. And the other partition is the Data partition D:. ... See more...
I'm not sure I follow your question about the RAID. It is one 3 drive RAID 5 that has two partitions on it. One partition is the System drive C:. And the other partition is the Data partition D:. So in this case I have to follow the instructions you mentioned? Delete the System drive and use EXPART? Is there any 3rd party tool that can change the partitions on a RAID, like Partition Magic? Thanks, -John
Hello, Once I have some controller issues fixed from a previous post ;) I'd like to repartition my RAID 5 array. The C: drive is only 8GB and the server is running SBS 2003. I have been cleaning th... See more...
Hello, Once I have some controller issues fixed from a previous post ;) I'd like to repartition my RAID 5 array. The C: drive is only 8GB and the server is running SBS 2003. I have been cleaning the drive out, but sometimes its down to 20mb free space. What I need to know is if it is possible to repartition the array without losing the information on the server. They use a DLT backup, but I really done relish the idea of having to do a system restore. Anyone done this? What tool did you use? Thanks, -John
Hello, I've been going crazy trying to get the proper OpenManagement software/Drivers/Firmware updates on my system. My problem is that the System Administrator software says "No RAID controller... See more...
Hello, I've been going crazy trying to get the proper OpenManagement software/Drivers/Firmware updates on my system. My problem is that the System Administrator software says "No RAID controllers found on this system" And the Open Array Manager doesn't display any controllers either. It says that the Perc2Pro failed to load, if that helps. What I've done: - Upgraded the MoBo firmware to A07 - Upgraded the Perc 3/Di firmware to 2.8.1.6098 - Change the RAID drivers from the v5.2 MS drivers to the Dell v2.8.0.6085 - Uninstalled the old 3.1 version of OpenManage Array Manager - Installed the 3.5 version of OpenManage Array Manager - Installed the 4.5 version of OpenManage System Administrator The system is working fine, but I need to recondition the battery. Other weird things: In Device Manager - The Perc 3/Di RAID is fine - There are two entries for Logical Disk Manager with yellow exclamation points - There is a yellow exclamation point by the Second IDE Channel. (Not enough resources it says.) - There is a 0 byte E: drive in the Hard Disk area of My Computer. - There is no Disk Manager in the Computer Management administrative tool I know this is alot of info. I've been reading all sorts of what seems to be conflicting information in Support. What I really need is a list of what I need installed and what versions. Thanks much, -John