Aiyappa's Posts

Aiyappa's Posts

Thanks Again for the all the Help . Regards, Aiyappa
Hello Pawel, Thanks a ton for the Quick reply Just to get a little more Insight. I know we can have a two-tier set-up with Bare Metal Host acting as SDS and ESXi being an SDC. Can ESXI host... See more...
Hello Pawel, Thanks a ton for the Quick reply Just to get a little more Insight. I know we can have a two-tier set-up with Bare Metal Host acting as SDS and ESXi being an SDC. Can ESXI host be configured as SDS in a two-tier architecture? its possible do we have to any literature / Write-ups on the same? How would the SDS be configured & Managed, would it be through the Plugin or MDM? I am guessing that there would be performance impact based on how the Io's are handled by Bare Metal Host vs ESXI . Regards, Aiyappa
Hello All, can I create a ScaleIO cluster with  2 windows host + 2 ESXi Host ? Regards, Aiyappa
Hi All, 1) what is the Proprietary protocol overhead in ScaleIO ? 2) what is  the RTT/ Latency between SDS-SDS / SDS-SDC ? Regards, Aiyappa
Hi tomer, Thanks a ton for the reply . The Host logical Unit ( HLU ) would be needed in an environment where we share Volumes across Host , clustering being  an example . Vmware does look... See more...
Hi tomer, Thanks a ton for the reply . The Host logical Unit ( HLU ) would be needed in an environment where we share Volumes across Host , clustering being  an example . Vmware does look at HLU being consistent across Host ( Though it can be forced to just look at the unique ID )
Hello All , Please help me with the below listed questions : 1) The open Stack ( Liberty release ) Documentation has the below listed line :  sio_round_volume_capacity = True ... See more...
Hello All , Please help me with the below listed questions : 1) The open Stack ( Liberty release ) Documentation has the below listed line :  sio_round_volume_capacity = True (BoolOpt) Whether to round volume capacity. Does this mean that changing the parameter from true to false allows me to create volumes  which are not in multiples of 8 G. 2) Can I set a Host logical Unit Value to a ScaleIO Volume ?
Hello osaddict, What would be the state of the cluster if the fault set fails and there is not space for rebuild? Ex, 4 Rack cluster , Rack is a fault set and lets assume the fault set fails... See more...
Hello osaddict, What would be the state of the cluster if the fault set fails and there is not space for rebuild? Ex, 4 Rack cluster , Rack is a fault set and lets assume the fault set fails . It might be difficult to persuade a customer to have the capacity of the rack as spare capacity .