sasamir1's Posts

sasamir1's Posts

Hi Satish, Our BOQ from EMC includes RTU replication licenses for both centera boxes.We had primary and now purchased a new centera. Regards, Samir
Hi All, I would like to know the steps on planning for setting up Centera replication, like bandwidth sizing etc. The two Centera's are 8-nodes distance between them is 200kms. Appreciate a... See more...
Hi All, I would like to know the steps on planning for setting up Centera replication, like bandwidth sizing etc. The two Centera's are 8-nodes distance between them is 200kms. Appreciate all your inputs. Regards, Samir
Hi All, How do we add new replication licenses bought to be added on primary and secondary licenses and set replicaion? Thanks & Regards, Samir Shaik
Hi Sathish, 300GB of data was stored on the centera in one year, so everyday incremental will be much less.Could you help me logical steps to set this replication once I have new centera insta... See more...
Hi Sathish, 300GB of data was stored on the centera in one year, so everyday incremental will be much less.Could you help me logical steps to set this replication once I have new centera installed and configured at DR site.
Add: there is only one pool and one profile on this centera, which we will need to migrate. I believe inital migration will be full migration and later it will be incremental. What do we need ... See more...
Add: there is only one pool and one profile on this centera, which we will need to migrate. I believe inital migration will be full migration and later it will be incremental. What do we need to consider during this initial Migration?
Hi Satish thank you for your inputs. Current CenteraGEN4LP has 8-nodes & 2-nodes are configured with A&S,rest 6-nodes as storage. The distance between the sites is 200kms.The new centera is al... See more...
Hi Satish thank you for your inputs. Current CenteraGEN4LP has 8-nodes & 2-nodes are configured with A&S,rest 6-nodes as storage. The distance between the sites is 200kms.The new centera is also 8-nodes with same capacities. There is EV configured at Primary site which stores email archives to Primary Centera, the data is around 300GB at present on primary centera. I know centera replicates async, what bandwidth would we need between both sides or does it matter to take into account bandwidth? Regards, Samir
Hi All, We've a Gen4LP 8-node CPM centera at our primary site. Now we plan to purchase a similar Centera for our DR site,could you please guide us as to what all pre-reqs are needed for replicat... See more...
Hi All, We've a Gen4LP 8-node CPM centera at our primary site. Now we plan to purchase a similar Centera for our DR site,could you please guide us as to what all pre-reqs are needed for replication between both centera systems? How much bandwidth will be needed, etc? Appreciate all inputs.
the application is ADOBE CS5 Cutpro.
Hi All, Can we use centera be used for file storage? mostly videos and images which will be edited and used for broadcasting. Will CUA help to provide with access from client like Windows 7 or... See more...
Hi All, Can we use centera be used for file storage? mostly videos and images which will be edited and used for broadcasting. Will CUA help to provide with access from client like Windows 7 or Mac where the video & image editing application is loaded. What would be a best fit? Appreciate all inputs. regards, Samir
Great. One last query any recommendations on the cables for 10Gb iSCSI connectivity?
Thanks. Is VNXe has pre-configured pools or is there a way we can create pools as we desire? (pardon me as I'm a newbie to VNXe)
Any info on windows 7 support?
Thanks Dynamox. So creating shares on VNXe and sharing them with Windows 7 or Mac's will work? there is no fileserver, wish to access the lun/share on the storage from the windows or mac works... See more...
Thanks Dynamox. So creating shares on VNXe and sharing them with Windows 7 or Mac's will work? there is no fileserver, wish to access the lun/share on the storage from the windows or mac workstations where in a lot of editing takes place.
Hi All, We would like a storage solution for storing and modifying video and images, connect to the storage using a 10Gb iSCSI connectivity, some of the clients are Windows 7 64-bit professio... See more...
Hi All, We would like a storage solution for storing and modifying video and images, connect to the storage using a 10Gb iSCSI connectivity, some of the clients are Windows 7 64-bit professional and couple of MAC. What we wish to know will Windows 7 and Mac clients be able to access storage allocated from EMC storage using iSCSI network? if yes how? Or what storage solution would you recommend? Appreciate your assistance. regards, Samir
Hi All, Is it really necessary to backup contents of centera? if yes what is the best practice (DR prespective). regards, Samir
Hi All, Can we use space from the centera to host NFS mount point and store file data on to the centera? Appreciate your inputs. regards, Samir
VNX Replicator for VNX to VNXe replication VNX Remote protection suite for VNX to VNX replication hope this helps and my two cents. regards, Samir
Hi Suresh, How dow I install this on a standalone host other than VMware as the files are of vmware and also what did you mean by VM workstation assigned with IP Address? its not VM workstation b... See more...
Hi Suresh, How dow I install this on a standalone host other than VMware as the files are of vmware and also what did you mean by VM workstation assigned with IP Address? its not VM workstation but VMware Workstation software which I'm using to run this simulator. appreciate your help to resolve this.
Hi All, I'm a newbie to Recover Point and was trying to run Simulator 3.4 Sp1  in VMware workstation I receive the following error: No communication with management server hence couldn't proce... See more...
Hi All, I'm a newbie to Recover Point and was trying to run Simulator 3.4 Sp1  in VMware workstation I receive the following error: No communication with management server hence couldn't proceed further. Any help is appreciated to resolve this. regards, Sam
Hi All, I've a pool created of 100GB and I need to expand this capacity to 500GB. Can this pool be expanded on the fly? if yes, could you please detail out the steps or a reference guide? t... See more...
Hi All, I've a pool created of 100GB and I need to expand this capacity to 500GB. Can this pool be expanded on the fly? if yes, could you please detail out the steps or a reference guide? thanks in advance, Samir