JohnLeonard1's Posts

JohnLeonard1's Posts

We are looking for options to recover some backed Networker data. We have a version of 7.6x installed on a legacy Windows 2003 server. Can we install a fresh version of the Networker 7.6x... See more...
We are looking for options to recover some backed Networker data. We have a version of 7.6x installed on a legacy Windows 2003 server. Can we install a fresh version of the Networker 7.6x software on a new server and import or read the tapes from a different 7.6.x server? Are there instructions on how to install a fresh version of 7.6x? I have never do this before - we will also need to connect to our ADIC tape library. Looking for some guidance and options. Thanks. -JL
Folks, We have an existing Networker 7.6x server that is also running our anti-virus system - we want to virtualize the server so we don't have to change AV. It is possible to rename the ... See more...
Folks, We have an existing Networker 7.6x server that is also running our anti-virus system - we want to virtualize the server so we don't have to change AV. It is possible to rename the physical box - does Networker care? We also will need to change the IP of the server - we are looking to change the IP and the hostname of the existing backup server. We are planning on connecting the server to a local ADIC. Can this be done - any thing to worry about? Thanks in advance. -John
Thank you - I will give that a try. -John
Hrvoje, - Thanks for your reply - what is the inquire command - is it just inqure from the command line? What should the output look like? Thanks.
I am a newbie - the previous backup admin disabled our existing NW configuration in the the ADIC - It is partitioned. I tired to add media to the existing library and it did not work. I enabled t... See more...
I am a newbie - the previous backup admin disabled our existing NW configuration in the the ADIC - It is partitioned. I tired to add media to the existing library and it did not work. I enabled the ADIC and the tape drive - it looked like they were offline or disabled. After I did that the server blues creened and rebooted. It looks like nothing came back online even though the service were started. If I start the services is there some commands I can run to see if the library -changer and drives are ready? I have existing backups running a different partition in the ADIC that is not Networker - I do not want to break it. Please advise. Thank you. JJ
We have a server that the licenses expired. It was our understanding that if we purchased the license they would not stop backing up -just no more maintenance and support. Now everything  i... See more...
We have a server that the licenses expired. It was our understanding that if we purchased the license they would not stop backing up -just no more maintenance and support. Now everything  is offline - including the library? How can we get this backup an running? All my licenses expired with exception of an exchange one and an upgrade one? Any thoughts? Thanks. -JJ
We converted some physical machines to virtual machines and now we get error messages when the jobs run. See error below 2 retries attempted 39078:save: SYSTEM error: client `IP address... See more...
We converted some physical machines to virtual machines and now we get error messages when the jobs run. See error below 2 retries attempted 39078:save: SYSTEM error: client `IP address"  is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server 5777:save: Cannot open save session with backupserver.com We have restarted the networker services on the Linux client and will see what happens? Any thoughts? Thanks. JJ
Is there a way we can print the current backup schedule and a summary of the clients that get backed up? We have some auditors that want to see our current backup schedule and the frequency of... See more...
Is there a way we can print the current backup schedule and a summary of the clients that get backed up? We have some auditors that want to see our current backup schedule and the frequency of what and when the clients are backed up. This report would also need to list the client and schedule and type of backup. An example would be - NDMP filers with their names and the dates and times of the FULL and LEVEL backup jobs Same for Windows clients? Even if I have to export it to a CSV? I could not find any easy way - unless I missed it completely. Thanks. JJ
Thanks Thierry - i did check another workstation and it had version 6 installed. That workstation seems to let me access the Networker Management Console GUI and allow me to navigate the diffe... See more...
Thanks Thierry - i did check another workstation and it had version 6 installed. That workstation seems to let me access the Networker Management Console GUI and allow me to navigate the different applications and let me "manage" my media as it should. It seems that any machine that has Java 7 installed breaks it? Is there an EMC Engineer out there that can confirm this on version 7.4 sp5? What at is the maximum version that can be installed on this console and what are my options on the real backup server that is running the Networker Management Console that is not working? Thanks.
Yes - it worked before - it looks like it  is only working on non-admin user's machine - it looks like it is not allowing new logins to navigate the application. The already logged in user can... See more...
Yes - it worked before - it looks like it  is only working on non-admin user's machine - it looks like it is not allowing new logins to navigate the application. The already logged in user can see and navigate. We are running Java 7 update 5 Thanks.
This error happens when I try to go to the Contents and Index in the Help Menu - when I select the buttons above it does not display any items - they are all greyed out. Thanks.
This is as far as it lets us get when we login to the Networker Console GUI We are not able to select any  icons - the jobs appear to be running - we need to manage the application - label m... See more...
This is as far as it lets us get when we login to the Networker Console GUI We are not able to select any  icons - the jobs appear to be running - we need to manage the application - label media and deposit media etc. Any ideas?? Thanks.
Thanks Thierry - It is a tape library - an ADIC i500 SCALAR No error messages - checked the event logs and all the services have started. We have tried multiple machines and same issue -... See more...
Thanks Thierry - It is a tape library - an ADIC i500 SCALAR No error messages - checked the event logs and all the services have started. We have tried multiple machines and same issue - can't get past the initial screen once you log into to the GUI. -John
Help! I was trying to deposit tape media at the same time the application was finishing up a backup job and ejecting the tapes. It looks like the tapes were never deposited but it looks to ... See more...
Help! I was trying to deposit tape media at the same time the application was finishing up a backup job and ejecting the tapes. It looks like the tapes were never deposited but it looks to have possibly returned the media back to its slot. I tried to view the devices and the application "FROZE" - it will let me select the icon on the task bar but not let me view the "Events" or "Library" or go to another window. We have restated the server a couple times and confirmed the services are running. I have tried to access the admin console from various machines and had no success? Is this a JAVA issue? We are running 7.4 sp5 on a Windows box. Are there command-line commands to kickstart the GUI Please advise. Thanks. John
Thanks for the info - we are on version 7.4 sp5 and it did not look like the jobkill or jobquery command was available. What dirctory are all the commands located on in the Windows server envi... See more...
Thanks for the info - we are on version 7.4 sp5 and it did not look like the jobkill or jobquery command was available. What dirctory are all the commands located on in the Windows server environment - our backup server is windows box. Thanks in advance for your help. -John
Since I started the job from the command line it is not allowing me to "stop" it fromthe GUI. I check task manger and it does not show up as running. What process do I need ot kill? Th... See more...
Since I started the job from the command line it is not allowing me to "stop" it fromthe GUI. I check task manger and it does not show up as running. What process do I need ot kill? There must me a networker command that would do this - the version I am running does not have the jobkill or jobquery feature. Thanks.
Hi - I started a job from the  commnand line - savegrp -l full -G "Windows Corp" I now wnat to stop it because it has been running for 72 hrs. I trie using the GUI and no luck. How ca... See more...
Hi - I started a job from the  commnand line - savegrp -l full -G "Windows Corp" I now wnat to stop it because it has been running for 72 hrs. I trie using the GUI and no luck. How can I stop or kill the running job? version 7.4 sp5
Hrvoje, Is there a command to kill a job? It has been running for 72 hrs. I need to get ready for my regular schedule. Thanks. -John
I was able to start the full backup job by typing in the following: savegrp -l full -G "Windows Corp" That kicked off the full backup. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks. -J... See more...
I was able to start the full backup job by typing in the following: savegrp -l full -G "Windows Corp" That kicked off the full backup. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks. -John
Thanks for the info. So if I want to run a full  - I would type in from the command line  savegrp -lfull -c windows corp That will break the schedule to not run the level? Please advise., ... See more...
Thanks for the info. So if I want to run a full  - I would type in from the command line  savegrp -lfull -c windows corp That will break the schedule to not run the level? Please advise., thanks,.