snthr's Posts

snthr's Posts

Hi Shekar, I have configured DDboost over FC on that same FC HBA and it is working fine. But EMC gave me a hint to try to enable FCP2-retry setting on HBA, but I haven't try that yet BR, ... See more...
Hi Shekar, I have configured DDboost over FC on that same FC HBA and it is working fine. But EMC gave me a hint to try to enable FCP2-retry setting on HBA, but I haven't try that yet BR, Bojan
Hi, I had the same situation. After upgrade tapes were pre-maturely marked as full. Before the upgrade everything was working OK. I have open the SR with the EMC and they concluded that we ar... See more...
Hi, I had the same situation. After upgrade tapes were pre-maturely marked as full. Before the upgrade everything was working OK. I have open the SR with the EMC and they concluded that we are using unsupported FC HBA on NW server. Check if your FC HBA is on support list for DD. BR, Bojan
I've killed it and removed the jobsd, after that ccr works and for now I didn't have any time-outs. I am monitoring the nsrjobd to see how much time do I have before it gets to 1.5Gb again...... See more...
I've killed it and removed the jobsd, after that ccr works and for now I didn't have any time-outs. I am monitoring the nsrjobd to see how much time do I have before it gets to 1.5Gb again... Br, Bojan
Hi, I have a rather same situation with NW 8.0.2.5 on HPUX IA (as the NW server), but I had issues with 8.0 on HPUX IA from the start - from the upgrade (nsrexecd cores and so on). The whole NW... See more...
Hi, I have a rather same situation with NW 8.0.2.5 on HPUX IA (as the NW server), but I had issues with 8.0 on HPUX IA from the start - from the upgrade (nsrexecd cores and so on). The whole NW server becomes unresponsive, lots of time-out issues on backup, cloning has messages like : - nsrtask JOBS error 92 [%s] Query for results of job %s failed (%s), - Stale asynchronous RPC handle - nsrtask ssnchnl critical 32 And nsrjob has this values: 77 ? 27161 root 152 20 1400M 1377M run 4156:33 14.23 14.20 nsrjobd IMHO NW 8 server is still not fixed and not working as it should on HPUX IA platform. I am planning on doing the upgrade to 8.0.3.1, but am not sure it will fix anything BR, Bojan
Hi, I have asked the same question to the support, and the answer was that it will probably included in next NMDA release. BR, Boki
Hi, I have the same problem as you. everything is working on the first node of the cluster, but not working on other nodes. User is administrator on VC and is propagated correctly. BR Bo... See more...
Hi, I have the same problem as you. everything is working on the first node of the cluster, but not working on other nodes. User is administrator on VC and is propagated correctly. BR Bojan
Hi, If active/active is used than you need two licenses each for one active node. But you have to do the backup trough cluster host. If you don't than index will be written under the physic... See more...
Hi, If active/active is used than you need two licenses each for one active node. But you have to do the backup trough cluster host. If you don't than index will be written under the physical host, configuration with DSN for LAN free will not work. Configure new client for each cluster host on NW. curphyhost is short for current physical host. In that way (if you put curphyhost)when failover occurs for cluster host from one physical host to the other your LAN free backup will work without intervention. BR
Hi, If you want to use Dedicated Storage Nodes for physical hosts (lan free backup for cluster host) then you have to configure cluster host (virtual)  for Oracle backup as client in Networker... See more...
Hi, If you want to use Dedicated Storage Nodes for physical hosts (lan free backup for cluster host) then you have to configure cluster host (virtual)  for Oracle backup as client in Networker and put curphyhost under client Storage node resource. Then you will have correct licensing, now you are using 2 NMO licenses for one for each physical host, and you need only one if you configure cluster host The licensing part is true only if you have active-passive cluster. BR
Hi, can you post client configuration for phisycal hosts and for virtual (cluster) host. BR
Hi, Do inquire, then sjisn BR
Try to turn on the vrebose on group. It helped me when backup was trough the cisco fw. BR
When error like that occurred in my environment it was problem with CFI. Check that you have CFI on NW server for that backup and that the tape is in media db. Run nsrinfo –n oracle client_name ... See more...
When error like that occurred in my environment it was problem with CFI. Check that you have CFI on NW server for that backup and that the tape is in media db. Run nsrinfo –n oracle client_name BR, Bojan