gautamgp's Posts

gautamgp's Posts

I got it fixed by resetting the password for 'viewuser' using the following article. https://emcservice--c.na55.visual.force.com/apex/KB_BreakFix_clone?id=kA2j0000000R4gH
I am trying to add VDP 6.1.4 to DPA 6.3 and it is giving an error "Collector "Agent Host" on port 3741 returned an error processing command: unable to connect to server "VDP hostname". I hav... See more...
I am trying to add VDP 6.1.4 to DPA 6.3 and it is giving an error "Collector "Agent Host" on port 3741 returned an error processing command: unable to connect to server "VDP hostname". I have checked the connectivity and they all look fine. I suspect the viewuser password is incorrect. It is not accepting the password of the appliance. Any Idea what is the password for 'viewuser'
Hi Pawan,            As far as I know you would need to install the package. Then only the download page will be updated.
Hi Duker,           Below is the excerpt from the Administration guide. MTree quotas apply only to the logical data written to the MTree. An administrator can set the storage space restricti... See more...
Hi Duker,           Below is the excerpt from the Administration guide. MTree quotas apply only to the logical data written to the MTree. An administrator can set the storage space restriction for an MTree, Storage Unit, or VTL pool to prevent it from consuming excess space. There are two kinds of quota limits: hard limits and soft limits. You can set either a soft or hard limit or both a soft and hard limit. Both values must be integers, and the soft value must be less than the hard value. When a soft limit is set, an alert is sent when the MTree size exceeds the limit, but data can still be written to it. When a hard limit is set, data cannot be written to the MTree when the hard limit is reached. Therefore, all write operations fail until data is deleted from the MTree. So, you can take an conservative Approach of 1:5 and assign the quotas or divide the actual capacity based on your needs.
HI, You below document for Avamar 7.x Systems. EMC® Avamar® Post-Installation Network Configuration Avamar 5.x, 6.x, or 7.x Server Software Technical Note P/N 300-015-091
Check if the 'System' user on the cluster nodes have 'sysadmin' role assigned to them in SQL or you enter the credentials of the account which has 'sysadmin' role in SQL. Below are the details fr... See more...
Check if the 'System' user on the cluster nodes have 'sysadmin' role assigned to them in SQL or you enter the credentials of the account which has 'sysadmin' role in SQL. Below are the details from the Guide. By default, the system account which is the service account of the nsrexecd service does not have the sysadmin role for the SQL server. When configuring the client resource, you must set the username and password of a Windows account with the system administrator role on the SQL server and administrator role on the client in the Remote username and Password fields in NMC.
Which version of NetWorker and what level of Granularity are you looking for ?
If you can paste the error logs, it would be helpful.
Exam Description has all the details about the Course Content.
Sys dir is required with SQL running on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2. You would need to give a UNC path for shared folder. Below is the extract from SQL user Guide. Type the name of the c... See more...
Sys dir is required with SQL running on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2. You would need to give a UNC path for shared folder. Below is the extract from SQL user Guide. Type the name of the client's SYSDIR directory, using UNC format, in the Cluster client’s SYSDIR directory box, or click Browse to select a shared network folder or volume. The SYSDIR directory must have greater than 2 GB of available space.
I don't think it will impact the existing authentication. You might as well add the domain users for authentications.
Authentication providers support the task of authentication and identity management by enabling OneFS to verify a users credentials with a directory service or user account repository. OneFS su... See more...
Authentication providers support the task of authentication and identity management by enabling OneFS to verify a users credentials with a directory service or user account repository. OneFS supports a variety of authentication sources including LDAP, NIS, Active Directory, users and group accounts that have been created locally on the cluster, and password files. Which means, In domain mode you can use both Local and Domain users to authenticate.
I think the Issue is with your ndmp account, it's not setup right. Please check NetApp documentation to properly setup ndmp options on the filer. Also, port 10000 needs to be open between NW serv... See more...
I think the Issue is with your ndmp account, it's not setup right. Please check NetApp documentation to properly setup ndmp options on the filer. Also, port 10000 needs to be open between NW server and the filer.
I think you are trying to Use Managed File Replication or Rather SLP to create another copy of data on the Second Datadomain ? If yes, then you need to make sure the Second DD can be resolved fro... See more...
I think you are trying to Use Managed File Replication or Rather SLP to create another copy of data on the Second Datadomain ? If yes, then you need to make sure the Second DD can be resolved from NBU/Media server using both IP and Hostname. You can also try to write a small file to the second DD and see if you are able to. To check the connectivity between the dd's, create a replication pair on DD and see if you are able to replicate the data.
Only way to do is customize the DataSet and add multiple folders as DataSet.
try registering using the root account.
You will have to create multiple Storage Units in DD and then use them as your storage Unit in NBU.
Do you see anything in the client logs ?
Can you paste in full log.
if you choose Daily backups as the source then all backups which are tagged as Daily will only be replicated. I don't think it will replicate the backups tagged as Monthly.