fmagic's Posts

fmagic's Posts

I did finally find the evaluation license. It is a license for an 0.5TB appliance with no expiration, including DD Boost and Replication. The evaluation license is attached to the following page:... See more...
I did finally find the evaluation license. It is a license for an 0.5TB appliance with no expiration, including DD Boost and Replication. The evaluation license is attached to the following page: https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-60242
I have the same requirement. The 0.5TB trial license is no longer included in the downloads on that page, and it used to be. When you deploy the DDVE in Azure, it now prompts you to install the e... See more...
I have the same requirement. The 0.5TB trial license is no longer included in the downloads on that page, and it used to be. When you deploy the DDVE in Azure, it now prompts you to install the evaluation license, saying you should receive it via email, but no email is sent with this information. Where does one request the evaluation license now?
According to the VMware compatibility guides, XtremIO 4.0 only appears to be compatible with SRM 6.1. Is anyone aware of whether it would be compatible with SRM 5.8? The SRA (2.2.0.3) is compatib... See more...
According to the VMware compatibility guides, XtremIO 4.0 only appears to be compatible with SRM 6.1. Is anyone aware of whether it would be compatible with SRM 5.8? The SRA (2.2.0.3) is compatible with both versions, so I am struggling to understand why it would only work with SRM 6.1.
We are also seeing this error message on one of our Avamar systems that is running the same version 5.0 SP1 (5.01-32) and interesting enough, the problem is occurring on the exact folder: C:\D... See more...
We are also seeing this error message on one of our Avamar systems that is running the same version 5.0 SP1 (5.01-32) and interesting enough, the problem is occurring on the exact folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet We have contacted EMC support and they are suggesting we copy/recreate the folder so it recreates the ACL's. We have tried that and it is not helping. We have also found an EMC KB article that suggested clearing the Avamar cache files (p_cache.dat and f_cache.dat), but that did not help either.