Danny101's Posts

Danny101's Posts

Hi all, I am attempting to get the initial backup complete on a few linux servers with the avamar client. These servers have high file counts, between 30-80 million. I let one with 35million run and... See more...
Hi all, I am attempting to get the initial backup complete on a few linux servers with the avamar client. These servers have high file counts, between 30-80 million. I let one with 35million run and had to stop it on the 7th day because we had maintenance and now im having to start it again. The fcache and pcache just take forever to finish. Not sure if it matters but the backup is going to a data domain 9800 and we are using ddboost. Fast incremental isnt really an option as I cant freeze this file system, especially for an  unknown amount of time, so it has to be the normal client. Anyone have any tips or tricks to help ? I have pretty much ruled out network bandwidth and the client system is not being taxed resource wise at all.
Hello, Did you ever get past this issue? I have the same problem with the same error in the log
It is my understanding that I cannot add additional virtual nics to Avamar VE to backup additional vlans.. is this correct? If so, is there some way of configuring avamar to use VLAN tagging and ... See more...
It is my understanding that I cannot add additional virtual nics to Avamar VE to backup additional vlans.. is this correct? If so, is there some way of configuring avamar to use VLAN tagging and truncate the existing NIC?  I cant be the only person running AVE that has a need to backup multiple VLANS.
Did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same issue and no idea what is causing it.
We are on 7.4 Not really, the main struggle is restoring Linux files with permissions. I am struggling to find a good way around this, may just be a limitation of restoring a file from a snaps... See more...
We are on 7.4 Not really, the main struggle is restoring Linux files with permissions. I am struggling to find a good way around this, may just be a limitation of restoring a file from a snapshot...regardless of the backup software.
Hello, I am new to Avamar administration and am wondering how people go about preserving permissions on files restored using file level restore from a VMware backup. It appears there is no way ... See more...
Hello, I am new to Avamar administration and am wondering how people go about preserving permissions on files restored using file level restore from a VMware backup. It appears there is no way to actually do this short of mounting the vmdk with instant access and browsing the files, am I missing something? Any tricks? Thanks