JoWe's Posts

JoWe's Posts

Thanks for the reply. Problem was that the Linux SDS nodes had a wrong netmask (/32) and so sent all traffic to the firewall. After fixing this I can connect now with Windows and vSphere SDCs - a... See more...
Thanks for the reply. Problem was that the Linux SDS nodes had a wrong netmask (/32) and so sent all traffic to the firewall. After fixing this I can connect now with Windows and vSphere SDCs - and the throughput is much higher now. 😉
Do I need the SVMs when I just want to use ESX as a SDC? If not: What are the additional steps to "see" an SCIO datastore in ESX? Many thanks in advance.
Ok, I found out that I don't have to use add_sdc from the master mdm. So I deleted it. Then I run: C:\Program Files\EMC\scaleio\sdc\bin>drv_cfg.exe --add_mdm --ip 10.41.172.42 Calling kernel m... See more...
Ok, I found out that I don't have to use add_sdc from the master mdm. So I deleted it. Then I run: C:\Program Files\EMC\scaleio\sdc\bin>drv_cfg.exe --add_mdm --ip 10.41.172.42 Calling kernel module to connect to MDM (10.41.172.42) Then the SDC should show up in the query_all_sdc list, correct? Still not there. 😞
Hi, I'm trying to add a Windows SDC to an existing SDS cluster installed on CentOS. I installed the LIA and SDC MSI-packages, then added the SDC through add_sdc. But the SDC stays in "disconnect... See more...
Hi, I'm trying to add a Windows SDC to an existing SDS cluster installed on CentOS. I installed the LIA and SDC MSI-packages, then added the SDC through add_sdc. But the SDC stays in "disconnected" mode. I also tried some settings with drv_cfg (entering MDM IPs, generating GUID) - no success. What are the correct steps to a SDC manually? Many thanks in advance. Regards Joern