soetingr's Posts

soetingr's Posts

Hi, We have Pivotal HD 3.0 working on Isilon OneFS 7.2.0.2 (Ambari agent support 1.7.1 is not in 7.2.0.1). Still struggling with Hawq though. Robert PS: Official support for 3.0 is unde... See more...
Hi, We have Pivotal HD 3.0 working on Isilon OneFS 7.2.0.2 (Ambari agent support 1.7.1 is not in 7.2.0.1). Still struggling with Hawq though. Robert PS: Official support for 3.0 is underway, they are really trying to get that done.
Will object and HDFS also be part of CoprHD ?
Ok, That should work. I'll check if I wrote down the url somewhere. Robert Sent from my iPad
Hi, Command is not allowed from outside EMC network, If you need a license ask your EMC Rep for a demo license. Robert Sent from my iPad
I did not check, because I have short lines with Isilon and could get my hands on a license. Get your self a 90 day key from your EMC sales rep. Should be easy.
I would like to know if there is a way to batch import hosts. We have about +1000 servers that we potentially need to add to this configuration and I am for sure not going to do that by hand. Se... See more...
I would like to know if there is a way to batch import hosts. We have about +1000 servers that we potentially need to add to this configuration and I am for sure not going to do that by hand. Second question is about license, is license based on managed storage or resources? thanks
Hi Sachin, I found that the error you encounter with the Isilon Virtual appliance is related to the version of Isilon. Only 7.0.2.0 and 7.0.2.1 are supported. The last one is downloadable fro... See more...
Hi Sachin, I found that the error you encounter with the Isilon Virtual appliance is related to the version of Isilon. Only 7.0.2.0 and 7.0.2.1 are supported. The last one is downloadable from the support site and works fine with my test setup. I am currently testing the UBERv3.2 version of the celerra appliance to see if I can get the iscsi part working. Robert
Unfortunately not yet. (at least I have not found it yet.) All commands that are available in the REST API can be back traced by using the "isi --debug " and than the command you want to run. It ... See more...
Unfortunately not yet. (at least I have not found it yet.) All commands that are available in the REST API can be back traced by using the "isi --debug " and than the command you want to run. It will provide you the url, json and PUT/GET command. From there you know how to use it in the REST API. Hopefully EMC will continue with adding options to the api.
There is a virtual version of the VNX, maybe that will work.
Hi Jim, For MMC, I would like to see creating a share from MMC added to just one zone. And event logging! The network part was introduced to us on EMC World and during a one on one by David... See more...
Hi Jim, For MMC, I would like to see creating a share from MMC added to just one zone. And event logging! The network part was introduced to us on EMC World and during a one on one by David (If you want his full name mail me). Robert
Hi Jim, I was told some time ago that 7.1 would include a lot of enhancements on network configuration. Things like DNS and default GW per subnet, but also better integration with standard w... See more...
Hi Jim, I was told some time ago that 7.1 would include a lot of enhancements on network configuration. Things like DNS and default GW per subnet, but also better integration with standard windows tools. What can you tell us about these points? Regards, Robert
Hi, I am very interested when standard windows tools like MMC, RMTSHARE and SETACL will be supported by Isilon in combination with access zones. Regards, Robert
Hi, On the node you are suspecting login with ssh and type: node-1# ps -aux|grep lw You should see 6 processes like this: root    2758 18.0  0.1 174888 28844  ??  S    12Feb13 1006:49.92 lw... See more...
Hi, On the node you are suspecting login with ssh and type: node-1# ps -aux|grep lw You should see 6 processes like this: root    2758 18.0  0.1 174888 28844  ??  S    12Feb13 1006:49.92 lw-container lsass (lsass) root    2325  0.0  0.0 93296  7408  ??  I    12Feb13   0:00.19 /usr/likewise/sbin/lwsmd --syslog --start-as-daemon root    2682  0.0  0.1 110392 12720  ??  I    12Feb13   0:21.21 lw-container lwreg (lwreg) root    2700  0.0  0.2 142036 52256  ??  I    12Feb13   0:26.68 lw-container netlogon (netlogon) root    2747  0.0  0.1 120332 13684  ??  I    12Feb13   0:04.34 lw-container lwio (lwio) root    3039  0.0  0.0 103868 11916  ??  I    12Feb13   0:05.59 lw-container srvsvc (srvsvc) root   55912  0.0  0.0  7960  1288  p0  S+   10:58AM   0:00.00 grep lw If not or you don't see all of them, use killall to kill the local process on that node. node-1# killall srvsvc It takes some time, but a background process should restart the process. On a second ssh session run: isi statistics system --nodes --top This will show you that after a while smb sessions get access to this node again. We had the a similar problem ( bug record #99264 ). We are planning a upgrade to 7.0.2.1. Regards, Robert
I use python to do everything, but while searching i found David Muegge's blog. (David Muegge’s Blog) He wrote some stuff about it. Hope it helps.
Sorry to day, currently Isilon dns config is global. And only supports 3 entries. Release 7.1 (Q4 2013) would support separate dns per accesszone.
Hi, after installing XAM I get the following on my linux box: root@ubuntu:/opt/centera# java -jar XAM\ Tools/shXAM/shXAM.jar Error Occurred:   Message:  Error loading XAM Library or i... See more...
Hi, after installing XAM I get the following on my linux box: root@ubuntu:/opt/centera# java -jar XAM\ Tools/shXAM/shXAM.jar Error Occurred:   Message:  Error loading XAM Library or its dependencies Anywhere I read i see that I need the XAM sdk, but EMC has taken it offline. Telling everybody to use the VIM. Sure, but what about this tool, and all Applications still using XAM? Can anyone help with this?
From my information 7.0.2 is coming out in 7 days. I would suggest you wait for that release.
Hi, We have mutliple accesszones for different customers. To be able to add shares we create a script that works with the REST Api. This script works fine with the System zone, but we are no... See more...
Hi, We have mutliple accesszones for different customers. To be able to add shares we create a script that works with the REST Api. This script works fine with the System zone, but we are not able to get it working with any other accesszone. We found that adding the ISI_PRIV_PAPI privilege to a user inside a access zone is impossible. It is completely not possible to add privileges to any user that is not in the Systemzone. Can anybody think of a solution? Thanks, Robert
Contact support and ask about " patch-101597 ". Issue is solved in 7.0.1.5 but for any below you can use this patch. SUMMARY This patch addresses the issue where one user closes an Excel fi... See more...
Contact support and ask about " patch-101597 ". Issue is solved in 7.0.1.5 but for any below you can use this patch. SUMMARY This patch addresses the issue where one user closes an Excel file and a different user will not be able to open the file because the file is still opened by the first user. This problem persists after the Microsoft KB 942146 has been appiled to the client.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942146 (Windows XP KB 812937 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942146) RESOLVED ISSUES * Race condition where a file close and an oplock break response was causing   the software to sometimes miss closing a file.  This seems to happen mostly with Excel file closes. CHANGED FILES * /usr/likewise/lib/lwio-driver/srv.so   (MD5 = 9db346b3eab63f66cb8640c79db6d9c5)
Hi, It is the admin interface which runs on a different port. https (secure) device : 8080 This is normal. All our Storage devices have their admin interface run on a different port. Grtz