Dr.diSousa's Posts

Dr.diSousa's Posts

Ok, thank you Rainer!
Hi all, So, reading this discussion, if I have all the additional IO  Slots used by FC IO Modules, I cannot add a SAS expansion IO Module replacing one of the FC IO Modules?... because there is no s... See more...
Hi all, So, reading this discussion, if I have all the additional IO  Slots used by FC IO Modules, I cannot add a SAS expansion IO Module replacing one of the FC IO Modules?... because there is no slot free.... Thanks in advance
Hi, I would like to know how the following ftp params works: File Create Perm: 0644 Local Umask: 0644 This is used to change the permissions when a file is uploaded via FTP? Because for me ... See more...
Hi, I would like to know how the following ftp params works: File Create Perm: 0644 Local Umask: 0644 This is used to change the permissions when a file is uploaded via FTP? Because for me is not working at all... If not, what they are for? Thanks in advance
Have you tried putting in the environment variable eMGMT? First edit the netcfg file like this: eMGMT    Ordered TCPIP node001    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    2707    SECURE eMGMT    Ordered TCPIP nod... See more...
Have you tried putting in the environment variable eMGMT? First edit the netcfg file like this: eMGMT    Ordered TCPIP node001    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    2707    SECURE eMGMT    Ordered TCPIP node002    yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy    2707    SECURE And set the environment variable like this: set SYMCLI_CONNECT=eMGMT It's working for me....
Ok, this could be the issue. Thanks for your help
I think I don't understand your statement.... In another output, we saw another second more of difference...
Nope, is more than 1 sec, and the output shows the "Time of last clone action", not how much time ago was the command executed....right?
Hi, reopening this discussion... something weird is happening to me. Every time I launch a symdev show of the same volume (00303), it returns a different time of the last clone... how is it possi... See more...
Hi, reopening this discussion... something weird is happening to me. Every time I launch a symdev show of the same volume (00303), it returns a different time of the last clone... how is it possible?? Any idea what's happening here?!? Thanks in advance
Thank you samuel, I've decided to separate the POOLs. In this way I have control in the FAST Caché and I can decide to use it or not for FILE, as in this case is not really needed. Thanks for ... See more...
Thank you samuel, I've decided to separate the POOLs. In this way I have control in the FAST Caché and I can decide to use it or not for FILE, as in this case is not really needed. Thanks for your help.
Hi, Customer has externalized the Email Services, so they don't have an email server in their company. They still would like to receive alerts emails from VNX, but now they don't have his own ... See more...
Hi, Customer has externalized the Email Services, so they don't have an email server in their company. They still would like to receive alerts emails from VNX, but now they don't have his own SMTP Server to do that. I've read in the ESRS release notes: Note: The email server is on the customer's network. ESRS should not be used for SMTP traffic destined for the customer, that is, mail will not be forwarded. We are going to install ESRS VE. is there any ESRS VE functionality that can send mails to customer? Has anybody tried any free SMTP application to do that? Thanks in advance
Hi guys, I was reading, and I saw that File and Block LUNs can use the same Unity POOL, but In best practices is not clear the final recommendations. As the I/O pattern is different, I think i... See more...
Hi guys, I was reading, and I saw that File and Block LUNs can use the same Unity POOL, but In best practices is not clear the final recommendations. As the I/O pattern is different, I think is still a good idea to create different POOLs, but, what EMC recommends? What are de advantages and disvantages of using separate POOLs or just one POOL? Thanks in advance
Hi, I'm Partner CE.  I'm doing the migration with Replicator and all seems to go fine. There is no docs about VNX to VNXe replication and switchover.... I'm preparing my own docs when doing it... See more...
Hi, I'm Partner CE.  I'm doing the migration with Replicator and all seems to go fine. There is no docs about VNX to VNXe replication and switchover.... I'm preparing my own docs when doing it.... Thanks
Hi, Customer has bought a VNXe to substitute an old Celerra. The old Celerra is replicating to a VNX VG8 (gateway). I'm thinking the best way to move the Celerra data to new VNXe. The f... See more...
Hi, Customer has bought a VNXe to substitute an old Celerra. The old Celerra is replicating to a VNX VG8 (gateway). I'm thinking the best way to move the Celerra data to new VNXe. The final picture will be VNXe (with old Celerra data) replicating to VG8 (FS only). Any recommendation?
Finally I solved the issue changing the MV port in the switch. But I was analyzing the NAR files and the response times for the LUNs were ok. 😕
Hi All, Hope somebody can help me to focus in this issue.... I have a customer that told me in his ESXi appears response times close to 10 seg in the VNX5600 LUNs Reviewing the VNX5600 Block ... See more...
Hi All, Hope somebody can help me to focus in this issue.... I have a customer that told me in his ESXi appears response times close to 10 seg in the VNX5600 LUNs Reviewing the VNX5600 Block performance I didn't see those values, so all seems to be ok in the array, but when we fracture the mirrors between main and remote array, the response time in ESXi now is fine, so it seems the MV/S was the main cause of the problem (in this case the switches or ISLs). Is there anyway to see the response time of the MV/S between sites? Thanks in advance
Hi, reading Centera Universal Access Monitor & Admin Guide What I'm worried about is that DR CUA can see data in DR CENTERA in a failover situation. Customer wrote in DR CUA but luckly ther... See more...
Hi, reading Centera Universal Access Monitor & Admin Guide What I'm worried about is that DR CUA can see data in DR CENTERA in a failover situation. Customer wrote in DR CUA but luckly there is not too much data and is being copied back to main CUA, so I can destroy DR CUA and reconfigure for EA. I'll be back for any doubts after reading doc. Thanks in advance for you both!!
Hello, We have two sites with one CUA and one CENTERA in each site. Centeras are replicated (bi-directional), and each CUA points to the Centera in his site. CUAs are configured as stand-alo... See more...
Hello, We have two sites with one CUA and one CENTERA in each site. Centeras are replicated (bi-directional), and each CUA points to the Centera in his site. CUAs are configured as stand-alone Both CUAs have the same name, different IPs, so we only change the IP in the DNS to let users write in main or remote site (like a failover) using the same domain name. Like Centera POOLs are replicated, we expected to see the same data when pointing to remote CUA, but the POOLs appears empty and we have problems to write. Notice main CUA points to main Centera and remote CUA points to remote Centera. EMC did this configuration long time ago but seems not to as expected. I've opened a SR and support told me the following: "The issue is with the failover not being success full. The production CUA should not be online, if they did a failover then the production CUA cannot be pingable otherwise the failover fails right away. And it's NOT supported to have 2 CUA's on the network with the same database (if the the two CUa’s are on the same network). In such cases its normal to have the CUA would appear empty." Is there any way to have a failover of CUAs and CENTERAs, I mean, in case of a disaster in main site, how can we continue working in remote site? What could be a valid configuration for this? I saw there is a EA configuration but seems to points both CUAs to same CENTERA isn't it? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance
Where can I download/use SWAT? Thanks Dario IPM
Hi, We want to monitor the state of the VNX File TCP/IP ports, and make the VNX to send us a SNMP trap or email alert. We had some problems with connectrivity like: 2015-04-20 17:14:40: 13... See more...
Hi, We want to monitor the state of the VNX File TCP/IP ports, and make the VNX to send us a SNMP trap or email alert. We had some problems with connectrivity like: 2015-04-20 17:14:40: 13155696640: DRIVERS: 3: LACP LACP0: link down cge-1-0 reason:"From Collecting to Attached: because selected!=SELECTED."out 2015-04-20 17:15:06: 13155696640: DRIVERS: 3: LACP LACP0: link up cge-1-0 reason:"From Attached to Collecting:Partner is in sync and it is selected." 2015-04-20 17:15:11: 13155696640: DRIVERS: 3: LACP LACP0: link down cge-1-0 Customer detected some issues to connect to share but they were unable to identify the problem until we (EMC Partners) dialed into the box. I was reading Event_and_notifications.pdf but I can't find the way exactly how to do that. Any help? Thanks in advance Dario
What I'm looking for is something like Practices for VPLEX and ESXi6 Regards Dario