sculpture1's Posts

sculpture1's Posts

Centera
Thank you Fenglin for that, but actually I was looking for a template or a document conducted to an installation like a high or a low level design. like the document EMC prepares for the Implemen... See more...
Thank you Fenglin for that, but actually I was looking for a template or a document conducted to an installation like a high or a low level design. like the document EMC prepares for the Implementation engineer uses to configure everything. I'm asking about this, as i've been asked to conduct one of those for a whole solution, "Vmax, DD, Centera, Networker" and i'm gathering the bits to do so.
Thanks for your reply Patrick, I've been asked to conduct a high and a low level design for a whole solution, consisting of vmax, dd, networker and centera. I wanted to find a template or an exam... See more...
Thanks for your reply Patrick, I've been asked to conduct a high and a low level design for a whole solution, consisting of vmax, dd, networker and centera. I wanted to find a template or an example of how to do it. so i'm gathering information from the forums of all the listed products. Appreciate your help.
Hello, I would like to check a template for High and level designs for a vmax implementation, would appreciate if anyone one can share with me. many thank
Hello, I would like to check a template for High and level designs for a networker with datadomain implementation, would appreciate if anyone one can share with me. many thank
Hello, I would like to check a template for High and level designs for a centera implementation, would appreciate if anyone one can share with me. many thank
Hello, I would like to check a template for High and level designs for a dd implementation, would appreciate if anyone one can share with me. many thank
where can I find the documentation you're talking about in support.emc.com? not in solutions, not in services and not in support?????
Done, Sorry for any inconvenience!!
Good day gentlemen, I have an installation of Networker with 6 clients, 1 linux, 1 unix & the rest are windows. I have to backup to DataDomain.  Anyone has the best practice or a document exp... See more...
Good day gentlemen, I have an installation of Networker with 6 clients, 1 linux, 1 unix & the rest are windows. I have to backup to DataDomain.  Anyone has the best practice or a document explaining the how to and steps from A-Z from the install to the successful backup. ps. Oracle is working on one of the servers so I have to use a model for oracle as well. Thanks
Yeah i guess that's the case, i did some reading and as u said it appears that a background verify needs to be done.thanks for ur support dynamox. most appreciated.
Here's is what is shows when i downloaded the SPA_Sancopy_info.txt using Triage...Copy Descriptor Name:  22 Copy Descriptor ID:  77 Owner:  SPB Source LUN WWN:  60:06:01:60:2D:C0:24:00:56:6E... See more...
Here's is what is shows when i downloaded the SPA_Sancopy_info.txt using Triage...Copy Descriptor Name:  22 Copy Descriptor ID:  77 Owner:  SPB Source LUN WWN:  60:06:01:60:2D:C0:24:00:56:6E:C2:94:BE:8A:DF:11 Number of Blocks to Copy:  4294967296 Number Of Destinations:  1 Destination LUN WWN:  60:06:01:60:18:A0:31:00:3C:1B:E6:5F:F2:36:E2:11 Session Status:  The Session failed because either the source or all destinations have failed.  Check the device that failed. For a device on a remote storage array, verify the FC zoning and/or iSCSI connection set and ensure that it is in the correct storage group. Initial Throttle:  6 Current Throttle:  8 Transfer Count:  867328 Percent Complete:  0 Completion Time:  12/11/12 23:10:29 Failure Status:  A bad block was encountered on the source device. (0x712ac015)
Thanks Dynamox for your quick response, in fact i don't know where to find this message u just replied by.. on the other hand the message i have is in the Unisphere Gui, under migration, when i c... See more...
Thanks Dynamox for your quick response, in fact i don't know where to find this message u just replied by.. on the other hand the message i have is in the Unisphere Gui, under migration, when i choose the failed session and click status, under the copy tab, this appears to be the status details: The Session failed because either the source or all destinations have failed. Check the device that failed and the path to it. For a device on a remote storage array, verify the zoning and ensure that it is in the correct storage group then under the source tab, it says: a bad block was encountered on the source device.
Hello all, I'm migrating data from cx4 to vnx using push incremental sancopy, all my sessions are completed successfully except for 2. in the status it shows that the error under the source ta... See more...
Hello all, I'm migrating data from cx4 to vnx using push incremental sancopy, all my sessions are completed successfully except for 2. in the status it shows that the error under the source tab that a bad block was encoutered on the source device anyone knows how to overcome this or fix it to get going with my migration??
Good day, I need to access the Atmos CAS to try checking out the centera. please can anyone provide me the exact details of how to connect, and using which application? i tried centera view... See more...
Good day, I need to access the Atmos CAS to try checking out the centera. please can anyone provide me the exact details of how to connect, and using which application? i tried centera viewer adding ATmosCAS1 as a cluster name then adding atmos 2.0.1 as a cluster as well with the provided IPs but didn't work... more explanation is highly highly appreciated!!! Thanks,
Hello Guys, I have a cx4-240 with a newly purchased mirroview bundle, i need to replicate date from this storage to a VNX 5700.... using the wizard on the unisphere client from the cx side i r... See more...
Hello Guys, I have a cx4-240 with a newly purchased mirroview bundle, i need to replicate date from this storage to a VNX 5700.... using the wizard on the unisphere client from the cx side i reach a point where i should choose the destination storage but i can't find any storage in the domain.... if i choose to add a another storage from the drop down list on the top left corner of the unisphere client (enter IP) it comes back with an error that i can't add more storage..... this is also from the vnx side as well.... the cx4 is running the latest patch 4.30.............509 and the vnx also is running the latest 31......704 your help is appreciated. thanks.
Thank you all guys, I appreciate it. SANCopy and data migration was done previously by EMC personal, now partners in my area are given the chance to do the migration on their own risk.. So it's m... See more...
Thank you all guys, I appreciate it. SANCopy and data migration was done previously by EMC personal, now partners in my area are given the chance to do the migration on their own risk.. So it's my first
Hey John, I'm using the same guide you mentioned that EMC's team sent to me!! my case is migrating data from cx4-240 to vnx5700. Emc mentinoed that the migraiton is totally free as we purch... See more...
Hey John, I'm using the same guide you mentioned that EMC's team sent to me!! my case is migrating data from cx4-240 to vnx5700. Emc mentinoed that the migraiton is totally free as we purchased the protection suite and the sancopy enabler on the vnx, in addition the document you have already explains this on page 6 step 1. But till now i can't seem to find the sancopy enabler to be installed on the cx4 so that we do the migration.. you mentioned that the migration was done successfully without even installing the enabler on the cx4... can you send me more details, i'll be very thankful. thanks,
Good day Mahmoud, MirrorView integration with VNX for file does not support Thinly Provisioned VNX for block Thin LUNs. check the uploaded document, hope this helps.
Hi, I believe in RRR's theory if you still wanna call it a theory Tried it before and worked fine. Best Regards, Hisham Shehab Sr. Technical Consultant, Da... See more...
Hi, I believe in RRR's theory if you still wanna call it a theory Tried it before and worked fine. Best Regards, Hisham Shehab Sr. Technical Consultant, Data Center & Storage P.O. BOX 220218, Riyadh 11311 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia T96612154184 | F96612154181 | M+966500024753