rbhat23's Posts

rbhat23's Posts

Hello, Is there a way to generate a spread sheet report from VNXe collects? Like the way we create a report using XML file from VNX storage arrays. Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for quick response. The reason we would like to know the change rate is because we are upgrading the arrays and planning to go to RecoverPoint. So would like to determine the change rat... See more...
Thank you for quick response. The reason we would like to know the change rate is because we are upgrading the arrays and planning to go to RecoverPoint. So would like to determine the change rate and bandwidth. Is there any documentation related to Change Tracker tool? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello, We have two VMAX arrays with SRDF connectivity. How can I determine the SRDF change rate between two arrays? Is there a tool I can use to determine? Please let me know. Thank you!
My environment is different. I have a CX4-960 with NS2, all the F/S in the environment are of Mixed protocol (CIFS & NFS) and all the F/S are currently mounted on DM(server_2). I need to migrat... See more...
My environment is different. I have a CX4-960 with NS2, all the F/S in the environment are of Mixed protocol (CIFS & NFS) and all the F/S are currently mounted on DM(server_2). I need to migrate all the F/S, shares to VNX7600. Since it's a multi protocol, do I need to take any special caution during replication and while I switchover F/S to destination? Thank you!
Thanks a lot Karl. Right now the F/S is mounted on DM(Server_2) can I create a VDM and mount the F/S on VDM after replication/switch over? And when it comes to CIFS share permission I need to cop... See more...
Thanks a lot Karl. Right now the F/S is mounted on DM(Server_2) can I create a VDM and mount the F/S on VDM after replication/switch over? And when it comes to CIFS share permission I need to copy manually right? Also since this is a mixed protocol when I perform switch over should I switchover the NFS first then CIFS? Is there any specific order I need to follow? Thanks again! /Rags
Hello, I have a bunch of F/S created as Mixed and Mixed_compat, which needs to be replicated/migrated to VNX7600. All the F/S is mounted on a Datamover (server_2), can I use Celerra Replicator... See more...
Hello, I have a bunch of F/S created as Mixed and Mixed_compat, which needs to be replicated/migrated to VNX7600. All the F/S is mounted on a Datamover (server_2), can I use Celerra Replicator or is there any EMC recommended tool? Please let me know, Thank you!
Thank you Jason.
Hello, I have non-meta volume sizing 10 GB, is it possible to increase the size of the volume to 20 GB online without any downtime? I don't want the volume to convert to a Meta volume. Any ... See more...
Hello, I have non-meta volume sizing 10 GB, is it possible to increase the size of the volume to 20 GB online without any downtime? I don't want the volume to convert to a Meta volume. Any help is appreciated. Best Regards,
Thanks Guys. Is there any other solution other than Robocopy? Also let me know if there are any EMC based tools that I can utilize? Thank you!
We have an Exchange 2007 server (Windows 2003 x64 SP2) which is attached to an Dell EquaLogic array via iSCSI. I have to migrate the server from the Dell iSCSI array to an EMC VNX iSCSI array. ... See more...
We have an Exchange 2007 server (Windows 2003 x64 SP2) which is attached to an Dell EquaLogic array via iSCSI. I have to migrate the server from the Dell iSCSI array to an EMC VNX iSCSI array. Any idea how I can migrate this host? Open Migrator doesn’t support Microsoft iSCSI initiators so that is out of the question. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!
Make sure you have enabled NPIV on the switch side. If it's Cisco MDS switch run show feature and you can find out. Also make sure that ports that are connected from FI to MDS switch are in the ... See more...
Make sure you have enabled NPIV on the switch side. If it's Cisco MDS switch run show feature and you can find out. Also make sure that ports that are connected from FI to MDS switch are in the right VSAN. Do you see a flogi for VMAX FA (14-E0) on the fabric? Make sure that the port it's connected on the MDS switch is on the right VSAN. Shut and noshut the ports to make sure. Hope this helps.
Sounds good. In UCS when you create a boot policy make sure to provide the SP WWNs as per the way they're connected to your fabrics (Eg SPA0, SPB1 to Fabric A - This will be your Primary Path & S... See more...
Sounds good. In UCS when you create a boot policy make sure to provide the SP WWNs as per the way they're connected to your fabrics (Eg SPA0, SPB1 to Fabric A - This will be your Primary Path & SPB0, SPA1 to fabric B  This will be your secondary path) Make sure maintain the LUN ID "0" zero which is by default. Best Regards,
Just create a LUN like you create any other LUN. While adding the LUN to the storage group you can manually make the HLU to'0' (Zero). Best Regards,
Has anything been changed to make a LUN read-only from VNXe end? Kindly let me know if there is a way to make a LUN read-only via GUI/CLI. Thank you!
Answers to 1: Data extents will start moving only if your Target dev is part of fast policy. Answers to 2: COFW will be on a target device. If your target device is bound to some other pool th... See more...
Answers to 1: Data extents will start moving only if your Target dev is part of fast policy. Answers to 2: COFW will be on a target device. If your target device is bound to some other pool then protect device will be moved or copied to a target pool. Hope this helps!