dkakljkml's Posts

dkakljkml's Posts

Thnaks Quincy, My understanding was the same. Until someone give me a considerable advantage for using differnt pool for target devices.
Hi Saurabh, Thats what I was asking , what make bounding the source and target  to a same pool is at risk with respect SNAP vp ? You explained Yes it is . I am question is what is the risk? F... See more...
Hi Saurabh, Thats what I was asking , what make bounding the source and target  to a same pool is at risk with respect SNAP vp ? You explained Yes it is . I am question is what is the risk? From my understanding bounding the target device to a differnt pool, than the souce device , doesnt give any considerable adavange. For a scenario lets estimate incase source device is lost, in that case what ever pool the target is bound to will be impacted as target has pointer to the source device tracks which are not changed. As well bounding the target to a diifernt pool , doesnt give you cosiderable advantage over the cache or the pool capacity. Only scenario I think of, where bounding the target to different pool will help -is when we dont want target to be a part of fast vp and as well when we  dont want the change tracks getting copied to the same disk spindle within the same pool which are shared by source and target.
Hi Archuperi, thank for the response. So from you reply what scenario do you think enable consistency will help with async mode , specially in the case where we have single source single target
Saurabh, T Thanks for the reply, I still doubt if one link in a ra port group goes down it will drop the session . Assume we have 4 ports on a ra group, if one port goes bad , I don't think... See more...
Saurabh, T Thanks for the reply, I still doubt if one link in a ra port group goes down it will drop the session . Assume we have 4 ports on a ra group, if one port goes bad , I don't think it will the session. I will still continue to replicate through other 3 ports. Correct me if I am wrong
Hi Archiperi, As I mentioned earlier, i don't see a scenario where a device will go bad in the RA group . If we where using raid groups , yes in that case there is possibility of a device go... See more...
Hi Archiperi, As I mentioned earlier, i don't see a scenario where a device will go bad in the RA group . If we where using raid groups , yes in that case there is possibility of a device going bad , but with virtual providing I don't see that case. further I did some testing , I disabled one of the device ( on the source side) in the ra group with asyn mode and consistency enabled on the group, still after doing this it didn't drop the session.
I have some issue understanding the use of symrdf enable in single session setup. I have one source and target connection to each other with Async mode . What scenario do you think enabling symrd... See more...
I have some issue understanding the use of symrdf enable in single session setup. I have one source and target connection to each other with Async mode . What scenario do you think enabling symrdf enable on the Async group will help. I dont see any possibility of a single lun going bad in the Vmax world with thin pool . Can you help me to understand how enabling consistency will benefit
hello Subash, I have some issue understanding the use of symrdf enable in single session setup. I have one source and target connection to each other with Async mode . What scenario do you thi... See more...
hello Subash, I have some issue understanding the use of symrdf enable in single session setup. I have one source and target connection to each other with Async mode . What scenario do you think enabling symrdf enable on the Async group will help. I dont see any possibility of a single lun going bad in the Vmax world with thin pool . Can you help me to understand how enabling consistency will benefit
HI stefano , I have some issue understanding the use of symrdf enable in single session setup. I have one source and target connection to each other with Async mode . What scenario do you thin... See more...
HI stefano , I have some issue understanding the use of symrdf enable in single session setup. I have one source and target connection to each other with Async mode . What scenario do you think with help me by enabling symrdf enable on the Async mode. I dont see any possibility of a single lun going bad in the Vmax world with thin pool . Can you help me to understand how enabling consistency with benefit
I have been assigned a new assignment to migrate switch from old brocade to new cisco MDS. I have differnt servers attached to the old brocade switch as AIX, windows, vmware and redhat linux. Do ... See more...
I have been assigned a new assignment to migrate switch from old brocade to new cisco MDS. I have differnt servers attached to the old brocade switch as AIX, windows, vmware and redhat linux. Do anyone can direct me  to any specific doc which can guide me the process of migration with very little downtime. As well can you please suggest you experience while doing the migration with respect to AIX, linux as these servers are very hard to deal with with respect to there fcid assocating with the old switch and what best practise you suggest to migrate these servers . Can anyone please suggest ? thanks in advance
Hi all , I am new to vmware. I have specific doubt , can we implement srdf/s or srdf/a between the two esx servers as we do if for all standalone and cluster servers like windows, linux and et... See more...
Hi all , I am new to vmware. I have specific doubt , can we implement srdf/s or srdf/a between the two esx servers as we do if for all standalone and cluster servers like windows, linux and etc. If we can,  does it really matters anything hard to discover the vms on the other side of the replication. please suggest thanks ,
Migration respect to 2003 cluster. For  san drive letters to swapped , Do I have to shut down the passive node in 2003 cluster and then reboot the Active node once the migration is completed. ... See more...
Migration respect to 2003 cluster. For  san drive letters to swapped , Do I have to shut down the passive node in 2003 cluster and then reboot the Active node once the migration is completed. Active node has the OM installed.
Most of the sahres are copied as well as the file underneath them , but some of the files are showing uo these errors. I belive error 32 --- is respect to open files . rest of them am not sur... See more...
Most of the sahres are copied as well as the file underneath them , but some of the files are showing uo these errors. I belive error 32 --- is respect to open files . rest of them am not sure .
I am getting these following error s while using emcopy , can any please let me know what these error means TH049 : 21:23:51 : ERROR (2) : \\cifs MCS Reports 2012\Acumen Reports\Recovery by Cl... See more...
I am getting these following error s while using emcopy , can any please let me know what these error means TH049 : 21:23:51 : ERROR (2) : \\cifs MCS Reports 2012\Acumen Reports\Recovery by Client  -> SD not set, Failed after 1 retries. TH011 : 21:18:22 : ERROR (5) : \\?\UNC\cifs\fs1\Root\Files\\DBOCHE~2.PRC -> Unable to create file TH057 : 21:18:24 : ERROR (5) : \\?\UNC\cifs\fs1\Root\DBOCRE~3.PRC -> DELETION FAILED. TH010 : 21:36:53 : ERROR (32) : \\10.200.6.150\D$\cifs\Root\users Group 2012 attendees 07132012.xlsx -> Unable to open, Failed after 1 retries. TH019 : 21:44:25 : ERROR (64) : \\10.200.6.150\D$\cifs\Root\users\ Exit Interview_files\Smith Chaunte_files\* -> Unable to get content, Retrying in 1 seconds... TH061 : 21:56:25 : ERROR (1392) : \\?\UNC\10.200.6.150\D$\cifs\Root\users\ Studies.US -> Unable to open, Retrying in 1 seconds...
Thanks Dynamox, this make my life easy. One more request , if I use pseudo devices for migration then I can directly powermig commit the migration without the need for undoredirect ? only If... See more...
Thanks Dynamox, this make my life easy. One more request , if I use pseudo devices for migration then I can directly powermig commit the migration without the need for undoredirect ? only If i use the native device formigration then i have to use the undo redirect option . please correct me if I am wrong.
Can I know the steps I have o follow to implement ppme migration respect to linux host. I am new to linus , I am not sure what steps I have follow to implemnt this migration. 1. do have to for... See more...
Can I know the steps I have o follow to implement ppme migration respect to linux host. I am new to linus , I am not sure what steps I have follow to implemnt this migration. 1. do have to format the new san lun once discoverd on the linux host. 2. Do I have to add the lun to the volume group , before I can go head with the ppme migration . can anyone layout some steps that has to be performed on the linux side to implement this migration.
Thank Maliboo
what  happens , if i remove the data and quorum disk from old san just on the active cluster , with passive completely shut down. Do this still cause the data not accessible on the active node (... See more...
what  happens , if i remove the data and quorum disk from old san just on the active cluster , with passive completely shut down. Do this still cause the data not accessible on the active node ( with quorum not yet configured & passive node is down). then i see all the data on the new san i then recreate the quorum from the scratch, is this possible .
what  happens , if i remove the data and quorum disk from old san just on the active cluster , with passive completely shut down. Do this still cause the data not accessible on the active node ( ... See more...
what  happens , if i remove the data and quorum disk from old san just on the active cluster , with passive completely shut down. Do this still cause the data not accessible on the active node ( with quorum not yet configured & passive node is down).
Whats the scenario , if we have removed all the data disk and quorum from the old san , with passive node down , do this this will still cause the data be not accesable on the new san we have mig... See more...
Whats the scenario , if we have removed all the data disk and quorum from the old san , with passive node down , do this this will still cause the data be not accesable on the new san we have migrated to on the active node.