SEMC1's Posts

SEMC1's Posts

Hi if VEEAM is the solution used for VMWARE Replication for few VMs hosted on What Licenses and Configuration will be needed from the vnxe or vnx side ? I read that snapshots are needed s... See more...
Hi if VEEAM is the solution used for VMWARE Replication for few VMs hosted on What Licenses and Configuration will be needed from the vnxe or vnx side ? I read that snapshots are needed so Local Protection is needed from VNX side ; and I think Replication License is also needed What needs to be configured for such scenario ? anyone has a Document showing the same or talking deep technically about ? I need to know how veeam will talk to vnx on Replication and be able to manage and make vms active if failover -> Failback is done or so I dont find much talking about the same so please share documents Thanks
Hi Fred yes it is supported now https://support.emc.com/docu31807_Simple-Support-Matrix-VNXe-Series.pdf?language=en_US Please refer to the Table in Page 5 for supported Replication ... See more...
Hi Fred yes it is supported now https://support.emc.com/docu31807_Simple-Support-Matrix-VNXe-Series.pdf?language=en_US Please refer to the Table in Page 5 for supported Replication SEMC
Hi Connecting hosts directly to vnxe 3150 and 3300 isn't supported But it is supported on vnxe3300 I have number of questions If i wanted to connect two cables from two different p... See more...
Hi Connecting hosts directly to vnxe 3150 and 3300 isn't supported But it is supported on vnxe3300 I have number of questions If i wanted to connect two cables from two different ports on server Shall it be nic teamed from server side ? Or each to have different ip on the server ? And If a small switch is between vnxe sps and server Will the server auto detect the storage or the ports will require some configuration to communicate ? And what if server''s portscare teamed ? Does this apply for esxi hosts ? What about dd2200 ? How the network ports on server configured? Thanks
Thanks rattacasa i found the VSPEX sizing tool Helpful the problem is , I sent the needed details after I read some VDI Practices and testing that tool but seems that the questions are ha... See more...
Thanks rattacasa i found the VSPEX sizing tool Helpful the problem is , I sent the needed details after I read some VDI Practices and testing that tool but seems that the questions are hard to be answered yes it will not be very accurate I guess and will be based on assumptions
and migrating Luns will help removing the deleted space too
The Thing is that Operating level differs than the Storage level so it does not reflect I read once that there is an option called Trim which should be active for Host so that storage reclaims... See more...
The Thing is that Operating level differs than the Storage level so it does not reflect I read once that there is an option called Trim which should be active for Host so that storage reclaims the deleted Data automatically there was a tool EMC had called Storereclaim which can be run to do the same but EMC stopped that tool and removed the Documentation for so i guess it is replaced , i will check for the new one and let you know there is Thin Reclamation Utility never tested but i read it is compatible with the different Storages
Hi I am trying to check the required for Citrix VDI having the number of users and required number of Disks please advise on below example IOPS  14x100=1400 IOPS  80% Write & 20%vR... See more...
Hi I am trying to check the required for Citrix VDI having the number of users and required number of Disks please advise on below example IOPS  14x100=1400 IOPS  80% Write & 20%vRead Total Storage requirements – 2 TB Usable if using RAID 10 using 14 disks 15k you will have a global IOPs of 1400 exactly this is calculated by below equation: "(14*180)/(0.2+(2*0.8)) RAID 10" "14 number of disks" "180 the iops per disk" "0.2 the read percentage" "2 RAID penalty" "0.8 the write precentage" reference is " https://community.emc.com/message/689928 " is that right about this caculation ? any other advises ? how to decide number of Data Movers ? Thanks
Hi if i have the target Sizes Applications like CRM and ERP and have number of VDI uses dont have number of IOPS how can i have estimated configuration based on that ? I rea... See more...
Hi if i have the target Sizes Applications like CRM and ERP and have number of VDI uses dont have number of IOPS how can i have estimated configuration based on that ? I read that there are some tools which are used to simulate scenarios and give estimated iops , is that correct ?