TbeckDK's Posts

TbeckDK's Posts

Hi Is it possible to run some kind of command in Networker to show saveset dependencies? For example if you have an old full backup of a specific SaveSet, and you want to find out if any in... See more...
Hi Is it possible to run some kind of command in Networker to show saveset dependencies? For example if you have an old full backup of a specific SaveSet, and you want to find out if any incremental backups are dependent of it. I am not asking for a manual way to found out, like look up backups for the same period as the full and look at the timestamps etc... Just plain and simple I have the ssid of a full backup, show the the backups that are dependent on this one 🙂 Best Regards Tommy
Hi We are running Networker 7.6.3 (Unix OS) and I need to create a file with the clientnames which are set to 1 year in Retention Policy. Is this possible? Regards Tommy
Hello Every day I do a backup of 20 clients. Now I need DPA to report to me the largest backup of the month for every single client and in the end add up these results and send me the report.... See more...
Hello Every day I do a backup of 20 clients. Now I need DPA to report to me the largest backup of the month for every single client and in the end add up these results and send me the report. Is this possible at all? It is important that it is the biggest amount for each client per month. if example is needed: Client Name GB Backed up Day 1 GB Backed up Day 2 GB Backed up Day 3 GB Backed up Day 4 Client1 20 1 1 1 Client2 1 300 1 1 Client3 1 1 4000 1 Client4 1 1 1 50000 Now I don't want a result that says 50003 (1+1+1+50000) which is the sum of day 4. What I need is a report with the result 54320 (20+300+4000+50000) which is the largest backup for every single client for a period of time all, added together. I really hope someone can help me on this. I use DPA v. 5.8.4 Thanks /Tommy
Thank you. I will try this solution. I won't hijack this post, just wanted to hear if Andreas got an answer to hes problem. /Tommy
Hi Andreas Did you find the solution to this problem? /Tommy
Hi Carlos Yes I know it wil disable the filelevel restore, but why will it use 102GB in backup disk space? If you choose No i get the filelevel recover option and it will only use 18GB of bac... See more...
Hi Carlos Yes I know it wil disable the filelevel restore, but why will it use 102GB in backup disk space? If you choose No i get the filelevel recover option and it will only use 18GB of backup disk space. So why would you choose "Yes" if it will use more disk space and will remove the possibillity to recover single files? /Tommy
Just wondering what is the exact differents between "VADP_DISABLE_FLR=No" and "VADP_DISABLE_FLR=Yes" I'm running some test with VADP so this is not a production inviroment. description of the... See more...
Just wondering what is the exact differents between "VADP_DISABLE_FLR=No" and "VADP_DISABLE_FLR=Yes" I'm running some test with VADP so this is not a production inviroment. description of the setup: vsphere client 5.0 networker server 7.6.3. build 840 networker client 7.6.3 build 840 networker virtuel proxy 7.6.3 build 840 OS server 2008R2 on all servers client disk size = 100GB thin provisioned setup VADP saveset *FULL* If I run a backup of a client with "VADP_DISABLE_FLR=No" the backup only use  18GB backup disk space I can do incr backup filelevel restore and image restore from full backups but when I run the backup with "VADP_DISABLE_FLR=Yes" The backup use 102GB backup disk space I cant use incr backup file level restore is not possible but yes I can do an image restore. What am I missing? why would I ever use "VADP_DISABLE_FLR=Yes "? Best regards Tommy
Hi I'm running a Networker server v. 7.6.2 build 638. All clients are also v. 7.6.2. I need to know which system savesets I should have when doing backup of windows servers 2003 R2, 2008 and 2... See more...
Hi I'm running a Networker server v. 7.6.2 build 638. All clients are also v. 7.6.2. I need to know which system savesets I should have when doing backup of windows servers 2003 R2, 2008 and 2008 R2. Savesets on all clients are set to "All" So when backup completes, which savesets will it show besides the C:\, D:\, etc...? I just want to make sure that I have the savesets, needed for a recover of the entire server. If no one can tell which savesets, maybe one could give me a hint to which document to read about it in. /Tommy
Hi Johannes Nice help, thank you. Now I just need to know if it's possible to use a wildcard with this method? The scenario is that we have to use an active production SQL server, for re... See more...
Hi Johannes Nice help, thank you. Now I just need to know if it's possible to use a wildcard with this method? The scenario is that we have to use an active production SQL server, for restores of sharepoint SQL databases, from which they can copy contents to the original. So we restore a copy of a database and names it _restore at the end of the original databasename. But we don't want to backup the restored databases again, so I have to find a way to skip those. Is it possible in any way, without knowing the exact name of the database? /Tommy
Hi we are doing backups of databases with the SQL module. And now I just need to know if it is possible to create a directive with skip of specific databases or perhaps even skip names with w... See more...
Hi we are doing backups of databases with the SQL module. And now I just need to know if it is possible to create a directive with skip of specific databases or perhaps even skip names with wildcard? lets say we have 6 databases (db1, db2, db3, db1test, db2test and db3test) Now I want to skip backup of the 3 test databases. How can I do that? Networker server and client: v7.6.2 SQL Module : 522
Thank you for the quick responce... That was just what I needed 🙂  
Hi I'm currently using a report called All Save Sets in DPA v5.8.1. Now I need only to see output of which duration is greater than 24 hour, but I can't find a condition or an operator to us... See more...
Hi I'm currently using a report called All Save Sets in DPA v5.8.1. Now I need only to see output of which duration is greater than 24 hour, but I can't find a condition or an operator to use for the purpose. /Tommy
Hi David That was fast 🙂 Thank you for very much for the answer. /Tommy
Hi We Have a DPA v5,8,1 installed in our backup environment. Now I need to create a report, from where we can see details of each client we have included in the backup. The details I need for ... See more...
Hi We Have a DPA v5,8,1 installed in our backup environment. Now I need to create a report, from where we can see details of each client we have included in the backup. The details I need for each client is: - Average MB/s - Duration (start of client to end of client backup) This is properly an easy question to answer, but I cant find a report myself, that give me what I need. /Tommy
Hi Hrvoje Thank you for your answer. I think that you are right in your consumption that system saveset should be enough. but I need to know for sure. I don't have the opportunities to test ... See more...
Hi Hrvoje Thank you for your answer. I think that you are right in your consumption that system saveset should be enough. but I need to know for sure. I don't have the opportunities to test it at the moment, so that's why I ask the question here at powerlink. /Tommy
When using Networker to backup a MS Cluster, I backup the physical nodes with save set = All. But is this enough, to restore the cluster if a restore is required? In the admin guide it states ... See more...
When using Networker to backup a MS Cluster, I backup the physical nodes with save set = All. But is this enough, to restore the cluster if a restore is required? In the admin guide it states that MSCS is part of the System State or VSS System Services, but again is MSCS enough for restoring the cluster or do i have to backup the quorum disk also. /Tommy    
thank you for the answer. Where to find out how to create those new vtl files. /Tommy
Hi Bob Well, we want to be able to get a report if, for example the disk on a random server is low on diskspace. Is this possible and how is it done? And thank you for helping.
Hi Is it possible to have DPA monitoring servers in domain and give alerts on fx. low disk space or service not running? /Tommy
Hi How can I change the layout of a report. I have installed DPA some month ago, and now I've just started using it to generate reports. The reports are giving me the information I need, b... See more...
Hi How can I change the layout of a report. I have installed DPA some month ago, and now I've just started using it to generate reports. The reports are giving me the information I need, but I need to send the reports to custormers and this is where my troubles begin. I can create a controlpanel with the reports I need to show custormers, but when I export it to email or pdf it looks really really bad. So my questian is not how to create reports, but simply how to setup a layout excactly as you need it to be (a proff. business layout)  I appreciate all the help I can get regarding this issue. /Tommy