tsamuel0905's Posts

tsamuel0905's Posts

For VNX2 & Unity? not able to locate in spec sheet.
For Hybrid arrays, SAS drives are preferred to be used as system drive. System Drives are part of pool, RAID config serve as pool serves. Overall Pool capacity includes system drive, so actual us... See more...
For Hybrid arrays, SAS drives are preferred to be used as system drive. System Drives are part of pool, RAID config serve as pool serves. Overall Pool capacity includes system drive, so actual usable capacity varies. For AFA, it similar to Hybrid but instead of SAS drives it uses Flash drives. More clarification, you can reach out to sales partner.
how about VVols
Try again and post here if you not able to.. with the URL where you trying to download.
For virtual environment, license goes based on number of cores. No matter how many VMs deployed on it. Better understanding about your procured license, please get in touch with Account manager ... See more...
For virtual environment, license goes based on number of cores. No matter how many VMs deployed on it. Better understanding about your procured license, please get in touch with Account manager or sales team. They can help you on this.
any update regarding grep out specific host name details from DDOS command (nfs show clients)
When you ordering for new Unity or upgrade if you opt for specific IO module (as mentioned 10G SFP+ Optical), you will get it from Dell EMC. For further clarification regarding quantity & price r... See more...
When you ordering for new Unity or upgrade if you opt for specific IO module (as mentioned 10G SFP+ Optical), you will get it from Dell EMC. For further clarification regarding quantity & price reach out to Dell EMC sales engineer, they can help out on this.
Dell EMC recommends to use minimum number of pools to reduce complexity and increases flexibility. Respect to File & Block, I never come across recommendation from Dell EMC. But I would suggest t... See more...
Dell EMC recommends to use minimum number of pools to reduce complexity and increases flexibility. Respect to File & Block, I never come across recommendation from Dell EMC. But I would suggest to go for Unified pool because the system designed accordingly to meet the requirements. And I'd suggest you to get in touch with Dell EMC Engineer, based on your environment File & Block workload & IO profiles they can recommend which option you may choose.
Try this for physical deployment.. #uemcli -d <mgmt._ip> -u <username> -p <password> /env/sp show
I have 2 VMAX 100K solution as below, where both has OS and Mainframe workloads in same number. 1. VMAX 100K 1 Engine 1 TB - 12*FE, 4*SRDF & 8*SM FICON 2. VMAX 100K 2 Engine 1 TB - 12*FE, ... See more...
I have 2 VMAX 100K solution as below, where both has OS and Mainframe workloads in same number. 1. VMAX 100K 1 Engine 1 TB - 12*FE, 4*SRDF & 8*SM FICON 2. VMAX 100K 2 Engine 1 TB - 12*FE, 4*SRDF & 16*MM FICON Both solutions are made for same workload, only difference in request is FICON modules (not number of ports) Any clue why the 2nd solution took 2 engines? I think it because of FICON port count from 8 to 16. But if 8 ports enough for SM, does it really required 16 ports with MM?  Any suggestions! Thanks
Is there big differences between FICON MM & SM ports? In the guide, i couldn't find anywhere more specific about SM & MM. Any help on this? Thanks
Hello all, Can someone help me on below queries, 1. VMAX3 100K supports how many FICON MM ports (per engine)? 2. VMAX3 100K supports how many FICON SM ports (per engine)? 3. SM and MM ... See more...
Hello all, Can someone help me on below queries, 1. VMAX3 100K supports how many FICON MM ports (per engine)? 2. VMAX3 100K supports how many FICON SM ports (per engine)? 3. SM and MM has any differences in Engine utilization (or requirement)? - Thanks
I'm not really very sure why it is taking month to update firmware. I suggest you to open a SR in support.emc.com. Regarding spare - VMAX AFA comes with more than 1 spare also, but it calculat... See more...
I'm not really very sure why it is taking month to update firmware. I suggest you to open a SR in support.emc.com. Regarding spare - VMAX AFA comes with more than 1 spare also, but it calculated depends upon how many drives you're getting. Dell EMC have some standard best practices where "1" spare drive for "n" number of drives. So once your drive count increases, spare also added accordingly. I can understand your concern, but it won't be an issue. Hope this helps!! VMAX AFA engine term has been replaced with vBricks 
Site working for me.. tried now..
This KB may help you... https://support.emc.com/kb/483583
Totally depend on the environment, application, etc.., so many dependencies are there.. you have few more All flash options as well.. VMAX AFA, Unity AFA..
I am not very sure.. Just a thought.. It should analyze the logs & try find any related KB's are documented. If it's available it will fetch it from support site. I found something from Unity ... See more...
I am not very sure.. Just a thought.. It should analyze the logs & try find any related KB's are documented. If it's available it will fetch it from support site. I found something from Unity doc that may helps you... The Technical Advisories tab displays up-to-date, real time information and advisories specific to your system from the Knowledgebase available on the support website. Here you can select an advisory from the list and choose the link in the Knowledgebase Number column. A new Web browser displays the technical advisory article from the support website.
are you asking about KB 491210? Please precise your ask.
if automatic failback policy is not enabled? because both SPs are not cross connected with the switch in their environment.. just a thought..
This may help.. https://www.emc.com/collateral/white-papers/h15162-emc-unity-high-availability.pdf why dedicated path/switch for each SPs? any specific reason?