abhilas945's Posts

abhilas945's Posts

Thanks Peter, Will apply this work around as this is the only command with color o/p. -Abhi.
Hi Peter, I tried the "isi status" command, I am using the simulator with OneFS 8.1 at home and also worked on 7.x and 8.0 at office, all of this versions using colors & underlines in the outp... See more...
Hi Peter, I tried the "isi status" command, I am using the simulator with OneFS 8.1 at home and also worked on 7.x and 8.0 at office, all of this versions using colors & underlines in the output of "isi status". I tried to find few more commands that show colored text, but I guess this is the only command. -Abhi.
Hi All, I am working on a simple synchronous SSH solution for Isilon, my SSH client is working as expected, but the only problem is that it cannot interpret the color coding in the ssh command... See more...
Hi All, I am working on a simple synchronous SSH solution for Isilon, my SSH client is working as expected, but the only problem is that it cannot interpret the color coding in the ssh command results. Hence need to use the correct terminal type so that Isilon will not return any special formatted text like colored or underlined. I had similar problem in VNX file(celerra), I have changed the terminal type from "xterm"(default) to "dump" and this has fixed the problem. For Isilon I have tried different terminal types like vt100,dumb,xterm & xterm-old, none of this are removing the special formatted text. So does anyone know what terminal type to use in Isilon to remove the special formatting of the text? Regards, Abhilash.
finally! I got the solution few days back from the support. My NIS users have first letter in uppercase!, normalization is already enabled for AD users and somehow it is not enabled for NIS user... See more...
finally! I got the solution few days back from the support. My NIS users have first letter in uppercase!, normalization is already enabled for AD users and somehow it is not enabled for NIS users. The below command has normalized the NIS users & groups, after this point the usermapper rules started working. isi auth nis modify <zone_name> --normalize-groups=1 --normalize-users=1
Yes Peter, I been following the same document. On page-37 under "Getting the primary group from LDAP" topic it explains the rule. I tried with the domain name too, but it is still now working.
Hi All, I have NIS & AD configured in my isilon, for the multi-protocol environment I am trying the change the AD user primary group from "domain users" to that of the primary group from his/h... See more...
Hi All, I have NIS & AD configured in my isilon, for the multi-protocol environment I am trying the change the AD user primary group from "domain users" to that of the primary group from his/her unix account. So the usermapper rule for this is '*\* += * [group]', but this is not working. The AD user access token is still showing "domain users" as the primary group. Where as if I create a rule specific to any single user like '*\user01 += user01 [group]' it is working just as expected. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so how was it resolved? Regards, Abhilash.
Hi, Yes, I am still unable to find a way to use this API. I am doing an working around by using SSH, but still the API is the best way for my application. Any help here would be very useful... See more...
Hi, Yes, I am still unable to find a way to use this API. I am doing an working around by using SSH, but still the API is the best way for my application. Any help here would be very useful to me. Regards, Abhilash.
Hi All, I am trying to use the celerra xml api to query the system and get some information. As per the help guide I first need to perform the http login and then use the cookie for all the ne... See more...
Hi All, I am trying to use the celerra xml api to query the system and get some information. As per the help guide I first need to perform the http login and then use the cookie for all the next xml quires. But I am unable to make the login, the help guide is not at all descriptive enough for me. The error I am getting is "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel" when tried from my c# program. Also I tried to use HttpRequester & Poster firefox tools to login, I am getting "403 Forbidden. Session timeout. Relogin and try this operation again." error here. So can anyone help here please. Regards, Abhilash.
hi Can anyone tell me difference between pseudo devices and native devices? Regards, Abhilash
hi Debi, Thanks a lot. few more questions plz 1)do i have to under go any official trining? 2)Do we have any simulation question in exam? Thanks in advance.
hi i want to go for the E20-001 exam, as part of that i read Information Storage and Management book. now can someone answer my below questions. 1) what is the cost of exam? 2)where can i wri... See more...
hi i want to go for the E20-001 exam, as part of that i read Information Storage and Management book. now can someone answer my below questions. 1) what is the cost of exam? 2)where can i write  the exam in India? 3)do i have to undergo any official training to take the exam? 4)Is the Information Storage and Management book reading sufficient for writing the exam or do i need any practical experience? 5) I have only the theoretical knowledge, no practice so plz recommend me RAM to test emc clariion simulator.