mannan_abdul's Posts

mannan_abdul's Posts

Hi Team, IHAC who wants to take the NDMP based backup of the NAS shares (CIFS) on Unity array...i need to know which FC port on the Unity array is used for the NDMP backup...i remember that VN... See more...
Hi Team, IHAC who wants to take the NDMP based backup of the NAS shares (CIFS) on Unity array...i need to know which FC port on the Unity array is used for the NDMP backup...i remember that VNX had a AUX FC port that was used for the NDMP backups...couldnt find such port on unity arrays? Regds, Mannan
Hi Idan, There is nothing specific to the vRPAs in the guide…they are specific to the physical RPAs. Regds, Mannan
Hi Team, Do we have the firewall port usage details for the implementation of the vRPA (ISCSI)... Regds, Mannan
Hi Team, IHAC who is planning to migrate from the existing CISCO MDS 9509 SAN switches to New Brocade 8510 switches....for the migration purpose what is the best method...how can we ISL the 2 ... See more...
Hi Team, IHAC who is planning to migrate from the existing CISCO MDS 9509 SAN switches to New Brocade 8510 switches....for the migration purpose what is the best method...how can we ISL the 2 switches, transfer the zoning info and then migrate the cables? Is there any documented procedure for this? Cheers, Mannan
Hi Team,   IHAC who wants to consolidate the snapshots every 4 hours (00:00hrs to 04:00 hrs, 00400hrs to 0800hrs, 00800hrs to 1200hrs,1200hrs-1600hrs,1600hrs to 2000hrs and 2000hrs to 00hr... See more...
Hi Team,   IHAC who wants to consolidate the snapshots every 4 hours (00:00hrs to 04:00 hrs, 00400hrs to 0800hrs, 00800hrs to 1200hrs,1200hrs-1600hrs,1600hrs to 2000hrs and 2000hrs to 00hrs). customer is running RP 3.5 SP2 version. This this regard below are my queries:   What is the sizing formula/methodology for this as all the admin guides have sizing for daily or monthly periods. If the consolidated snapshot is less than 1.25GB, the snapshot consolidation won’t happen…has this limit been reduced in the newer release?    Regds, Mannan
Hi All, I recently appeared for the symm expert exam for IS and TA...and we had virtual calculators provided along with any question that required calculations. Regds Mannan
Also, for you to receive the T-shirt it will take 2 weeks.
Hi Sandeep, It. Usually takes a 48 to 72 hrs for results to reflect in the website. Regds Mannan
Hi, whats the error you are getting when you try to add the lun to the cluster....my understanding is that when you do the cutover...and see the the new LUNs on the host...you start the cluste... See more...
Hi, whats the error you are getting when you try to add the lun to the cluster....my understanding is that when you do the cutover...and see the the new LUNs on the host...you start the cluster services...the drives will automatically be mounted and added to the cluster... Regds, mannan
Thanks dynamox...but if you pls dont mind can you explain in detail...i am really confues because as if a device is just pointers towards data in TDATs then how will a strip of a pointer help... ... See more...
Thanks dynamox...but if you pls dont mind can you explain in detail...i am really confues because as if a device is just pointers towards data in TDATs then how will a strip of a pointer help... i know i am missing some point but dont know what ...
Hi Team, can any one explain me the rteason for creating a meta TDEV...since it is just a pointer...pointing to the data in the pool...then what is the use of having a meta TDEV...apart from g... See more...
Hi Team, can any one explain me the rteason for creating a meta TDEV...since it is just a pointer...pointing to the data in the pool...then what is the use of having a meta TDEV...apart from getting more cache slots. pls note that i am not exceeding the TDEV size more than 240GB. Regds, Mannan
Hi Team, Can you help me out with the below issue: IHAC wherein I am migrating Windows 2008 cluster disks from HP to VMAX using OM 3.12 tool. I have provisioned the VMAX disks to the both ... See more...
Hi Team, Can you help me out with the below issue: IHAC wherein I am migrating Windows 2008 cluster disks from HP to VMAX using OM 3.12 tool. I have provisioned the VMAX disks to the both the cluster nodes as per the design..formatted the target LUNs and added the OM filter drivers to both source and target LUNS. After reboot when I am trying to do the “migrate volume” for any of the source disks I am getting a message “No targets available for this volume”. Target disk size is not an issue as we have larger Target LUNs available. This is happening for all the source volumes. One point to be noted is that if I try to do “migrate volume” for any target volume (Just to check out) it gives me source disks as available disks as target. From my point of view it seems that that there is some confusion either in the cluster or OM where in it takes target volume as source and source volumes as targets. Uninstalling/reinstalling the OM tool didn’t help either Have you ever faced this issue before…of if you have any thoughts/suggestions on this issue pls let me know. Regds, Mannan
Hi Team, Recently we have configured VNX7500 with HP Blade 460C as boot from SAN configuration. We are using brocade switches for the connectivity. But we are facing the issue of the the ser... See more...
Hi Team, Recently we have configured VNX7500 with HP Blade 460C as boot from SAN configuration. We are using brocade switches for the connectivity. But we are facing the issue of the the servers losing the connectivity to the SAN disks with the initiators logging off fromt eh VNX and then losing access to the LUNs whereby the servers crash. This is taking place randomly not for some specifc server/blade or SG. We have 3 such Blade chasis and all are facing this issue. this isue is not limited to the boot LUNs but happens for the noemal LUNs as well. we are using: HP BL460C with interconnect firmware 1.41 Brocade switches with firmware 6.4.2a Pls let me know if you can help to solve this issue. Regds, mannan
Yes u can go to update 9 directly from UB5…
Probably they are encouraging to go for update 8 or update 9…even update bundle 8 is not there…may be out of support…
Hi I think you need to run ioscan on the hosts…HP-UX do not log into the Storage ports unless there is some IO on the LUNs…formatting will also do it. Regds, Mannan
I don't think there will be any impact...only thing wht will happen is that the server will see the LUNS from both the storage mapped to those ports.