Ankushsco's Posts

Ankushsco's Posts

Hi, Need to know what all possible file replication related alerts can be configured in VNX unified storage. Unisphere provides two parameters to be checked 'Rep' and 'RCPD' for file replicatio... See more...
Hi, Need to know what all possible file replication related alerts can be configured in VNX unified storage. Unisphere provides two parameters to be checked 'Rep' and 'RCPD' for file replication alerts. Is there any other parameter which needs to be checked, we need all possible email alerts related to file replication. Your inputs would be really helpful. Regards, Ankush
How do I make sure that. All ips can ping each other without any issues. Also, if we remove WAN cable from a RPA, all its CGs fail over to other local RPA. Thanks Ankush Sent from ... See more...
How do I make sure that. All ips can ping each other without any issues. Also, if we remove WAN cable from a RPA, all its CGs fail over to other local RPA. Thanks Ankush Sent from Samsung Mobile
There is a zone on each switch which has all the RP ports (both RPs at a site) and the storage ports. Thanks Ankush
WAN SiteA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SiteB dedicated link RPA1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RPA1 dedicated link RPA2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RPA2 In short: Above is the sc... See more...
WAN SiteA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SiteB dedicated link RPA1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RPA1 dedicated link RPA2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RPA2 In short: Above is the scenario, RPA1 @ site A is connected with a dedicated link to RPA1 @ site B Same is with RPA 2 with another dedicated link, all ip’s can ping each other Now, if LAN cable from RPA1 is removed, CG’s running on RPA1 get into paused status. Thanks Ankush
Hi Rich, 1. Version : 4.0 SP2 2. Gen 5 3. I didn’t get this point, could you please elaborate Thanks Ankush
removing a LAN cable from RPA puts its CGs in paused mode. these are not distributed CGs, wanted to know if this is a normal behavior or some setting needs to be checked/changed ? thanks
Thanks Salem for your inputs. I will check and confirm. Thanks Ankush
HBA Vendor : Emulex Driver Version : 7-2.10.211 Firmware version : 2.80*7 BIOS version : 2.02a1 Thanks Ankush
Failover mode is set to 4 Same result for all luns I was already working with single path and I tried removing MPIO as well, rebooted host and tried again and got the same result ☹
Using quick format from Window’s GUI, Native MPIO is in use and I was trying to format the correct lun
Using MPIO and as per EMC Reports HBA’s and patches are fine
I assigned VNX Luns on a windows 2008 hosts but it is unable to format it as NTFS. First, it takes a long time to format and then at the end it keeps it in RAW format. This host is currently ... See more...
I assigned VNX Luns on a windows 2008 hosts but it is unable to format it as NTFS. First, it takes a long time to format and then at the end it keeps it in RAW format. This host is currently using luns from SUN storage and we need to migrate it to VNX Please help with the resolution Thanks Ankush
Can we connect windows server 2012 R2 directly with Unified VNX 5300 over FC without SAN switch? Customer doesn't have FC switch and he wants to connect his server directly with VNX Kindly su... See more...
Can we connect windows server 2012 R2 directly with Unified VNX 5300 over FC without SAN switch? Customer doesn't have FC switch and he wants to connect his server directly with VNX Kindly suggest if this works without any issues Thanks Ankush