Vaibhav2025's Posts

Vaibhav2025's Posts

Hello, I am looking for some inputs on how to check which files were scanned and if any files were identified as threats and AV action taken against them on Unity. Which log files are audit fi... See more...
Hello, I am looking for some inputs on how to check which files were scanned and if any files were identified as threats and AV action taken against them on Unity. Which log files are audit files should be checked for it? Thanks in advance.
Hello, Did you perform this activity? How did it go? I need to perform a similar activity and trying to compile the steps involved.
I am struggling to find how do we get the plugin on my customer's Unisphere post implementing RecoverPoint/SE. Any help ?
Hello All, During a recent SP failover test at a customer we saw that during the SP reboot the "Current Owner" for the trespassed LUNs was showing as "Unknown". I believe that Unknown state co... See more...
Hello All, During a recent SP failover test at a customer we saw that during the SP reboot the "Current Owner" for the trespassed LUNs was showing as "Unknown". I believe that Unknown state comes when there is no owner assigned. But the Trespassed LUN report was displaying the correct current owner and also the hosts did not loose connectivity to the LUNs. Is this expected or is there something wrong here? Screenshot attached for reference.
I am migrating data LUNs for a customer using OM from Netapp to VNX. However the real challenge is migrating the boot LUNs on the Netapp to VNX. I am sure someone has done this before... Any ad... See more...
I am migrating data LUNs for a customer using OM from Netapp to VNX. However the real challenge is migrating the boot LUNs on the Netapp to VNX. I am sure someone has done this before... Any advice... SAN Copy?
Hello, I am trying to add MPIO support for the VNX LUNs on Windows 2008 R2 server. Can anyone tell me what should be the Device Hardware ID for mixed pool LUNs? The host connectivity guide has... See more...
Hello, I am trying to add MPIO support for the VNX LUNs on Windows 2008 R2 server. Can anyone tell me what should be the Device Hardware ID for mixed pool LUNs? The host connectivity guide has the following: RAID 0      DGC     RAID 0 RAID 1      DGC     RAID 1 RAID 3      DGC     RAID 3 RAID 5      DGC     RAID 5 RAID 6      DGC     VRAID But nothing about a pol LUN?
Thanks Jenventullo, I have read these documents and they are very helpful. But I am looking for more specific tuning parameters, like what should be the page size on the VNX? Currently it is s... See more...
Thanks Jenventullo, I have read these documents and they are very helpful. But I am looking for more specific tuning parameters, like what should be the page size on the VNX? Currently it is set to 8KB, but the VPLEX works at 4KB, so setting VNX also to 4KB will be helpful or not? And such other parameters...
Hello All, I am looking for some key points which can guide me on how to integrate VPLEX with VNX. Is anyone aware of such a document?
Hello Tony, The report from the E-lab advisor suggests some upgrades to ODM, PP etc. Once you update them, you should be good to perform an upgrade from 5772 to 5773. I would suggest to perfor... See more...
Hello Tony, The report from the E-lab advisor suggests some upgrades to ODM, PP etc. Once you update them, you should be good to perform an upgrade from 5772 to 5773. I would suggest to perform the upgrades on the host which might require some down time and then run the Report again to check if all is okay. Answer to your question: It is not recommended that you take the host offline and perform an upgrade without updating the ODM, PP etc. The upgrade will no doubt finish successfully but then your host might not be able to communicate with the DMX.
Hello Ashwini, I have performed few Solaris migrations using Open Replicator. All that was required was to confirm that the host was array compliant, if not do the necessary updates and the OR w... See more...
Hello Ashwini, I have performed few Solaris migrations using Open Replicator. All that was required was to confirm that the host was array compliant, if not do the necessary updates and the OR worked just fine.
Hello Aces, Try the following: Create the Storage Group with the device: symaccess -sid 1234 -name Storage_Group -type stor -dev 6AAA Create the masking view and assign the LUN ID: symacce... See more...
Hello Aces, Try the following: Create the Storage Group with the device: symaccess -sid 1234 -name Storage_Group -type stor -dev 6AAA Create the masking view and assign the LUN ID: symaccess -sid 1234 create view -name Masking_View -sg Storage_Group -ig Initiator_Group -pg Port_Group -lun D3 Next time you want to add another device with some LUN ID in the sg Storage_Group: symaccess -sid 1234 -name Storage_Group -type stor add dev 6AAB -lun E4 Done!!!