OctavioG1's Posts

OctavioG1's Posts

Hello Everyone... Could someone help me to get the correct  part numbers and the quantity required of a DAE of 120 SLOTS for a VMAX3 ?? .. I have the following information: If these are ... See more...
Hello Everyone... Could someone help me to get the correct  part numbers and the quantity required of a DAE of 120 SLOTS for a VMAX3 ?? .. I have the following information: If these are the parts required  .. could say me how many are required for just one DAE 120. thank you.
i agree ...something not good I think  the behavior. Thank you !!
Hello Everyone. Please, could you say me if is there any tool to generate a report of the VNXe1600 configuration after has been implemented. Thank you in advance. .
Hi Everyone. Based in the document "Best Practice for Data Replication with EMC ISILON SyncIQ" .. mentions  the next: --- Failback consists of three phases. Each phase should complete before... See more...
Hi Everyone. Based in the document "Best Practice for Data Replication with EMC ISILON SyncIQ" .. mentions  the next: --- Failback consists of three phases. Each phase should complete beforee proceeding. 1. Run the preparation phase (resync-prep) on the source Cluster A to ready it to receive intervening    changes from the target cluster. This phase creates a read-only replication domain, restores the last know    good snapshot and creates a SyncIQ policy on the target policy appended with '_mirror', that is used to failback    the dataset. During this phase, clients are still connected to the target. --- The text in Bold: "Creates a SyncIQ policy on the target policy appended with '_mirror".  Can someone say me what smart connect Pool or ip address is selected when this SyncIQ Policy is created  in the target ? ... Thank you.
Thank you Ken.
Thank you  Tim
Hello all. Can you say me where can I found a guide or manual about how to use ReportPack Brocade SAN Fabric.. Thank you.
Hello Everyone. One of our customers have a new installation with VIO Version 2.2.4.20. They need install PowerPath for AIX. Based in the information that i have, the last versión is PP 6.0 SP... See more...
Hello Everyone. One of our customers have a new installation with VIO Version 2.2.4.20. They need install PowerPath for AIX. Based in the information that i have, the last versión is PP 6.0 SP1. But, i can't find any document stating support this combination: VIO 2.2.4.x with PP 6.0 SP1. Could someone tell me if it's supported ? .. Thank you
Thank you Sjones. We're working in the implementation of Superna Eyeglass with ISILON, and one of the requiriments is create an user with privileges to use some root commands (that's why need edi... See more...
Thank you Sjones. We're working in the implementation of Superna Eyeglass with ISILON, and one of the requiriments is create an user with privileges to use some root commands (that's why need edit sudoers file). But, as you said, it's not possible in compliance mode.
Hello All. Is there any way to edit sudoers file when the ISILON is in compliance Mode ?? Thank you.
Hello Everyone. We have a solution of RecoverPoint to replicate LUNs DataStores between two sites 400 km away (using async  replication - bidirectional) with storages VNX. Everything is workin... See more...
Hello Everyone. We have a solution of RecoverPoint to replicate LUNs DataStores between two sites 400 km away (using async  replication - bidirectional) with storages VNX. Everything is working fine with not issues. But the last week, we did a test enabling image access in one site. and the LUNs were visible to all the ESXi servers in the cluster, and from one of the ESXi was posible mount the DataStore Replicated (using Keep signature). However, in the other ESXi Hosts the DataStore is not mounted and we see in the log the message: 2016-07-12T21:03:07.216Z cpu13:6394501 opID=96b80b94)LVM: 8389: Device naa.6006016029d038005d3c61a883bfe511:1 detected to be a snapshot: 2016-07-12T21:03:07.216Z cpu13:6394501 opID=96b80b94)LVM: 8396:   queried disk ID: <type 2, len 22, lun 16, devType 0, scsi 0, h(id) 3535923340949305729> 2016-07-12T21:03:07.216Z cpu13:6394501 opID=96b80b94)LVM: 8403:   on-disk disk ID: <type 2, len 22, lun 14, devType 0, scsi 0, h(id) 1837199772305109853> 2016-07-12T21:03:07.261Z cpu13:6394501 opID=96b80b94)LVM: 8389: Device naa.6006016029d03800e91be24a9ac3e511:1 detected to be a snapshot: 2016-07-12T21:03:07.261Z cpu13:6394501 opID=96b80b94)LVM: 8396:   queried disk ID: <type 2, len 22, lun 14, devType 0, scsi 0, h(id) 6729774403572060813> 2016-07-12T21:03:07.261Z cpu13:6394501 opID=96b80b94)LVM: 8403:   on-disk disk ID: <type 2, len 22, lun 62, devType 0, scsi 0, h(id) 13168759727451610607> We did a call with VMWARE Support and they suggested did a mount with re-signature and registred again the VMs. Well we're replicating already of 30 DataStores, which, contain already 210 VMs..  So, can you figurate out the work that mean.  Anyone here has had the same issue ? .. any Idea or workaround to avoid the re-signature ?? .. The Target VNX LUNs are being presented to the ESXi Servers with the same HOST ID (they are in a same Storage Group). Thank you.
Thank you Shane and Yan. I followed your advice and i will work with the account team in order to submit a feature request.
Hello Everyone: Currently, we're working with template to create a quota notification message to the users from ISILON The idea is configure a notification with Advisory Limit; in order to all... See more...
Hello Everyone: Currently, we're working with template to create a quota notification message to the users from ISILON The idea is configure a notification with Advisory Limit; in order to allow the user react before to reach the hard limit. The body of the message, include the variable <ISI_QUOTA_THRESHOLD>, but based in the customer requirements, we need mention the hard limit of the quota in the body of the message  and how much space is consumed. For the last we use the variable <ISI_QUOTA_USAGE>, but is there any way to include the "Hard Limit Value" here ?? .. or can i do a math calculation before to send the mesage ??. Please, any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Thanks a lot Rainer Someone already talks to me about DFS root. I'm trying understand the use of DFS. Do you know any document about to use DFS with VNX ? .. Thank you.
Hello Everyone. We did the deployment of an VNX 5600 Unified. One of the tasks done was the creation of  a Filesytem initially of 5 TB and a CIFS server and Share were created in a VDM. The Sh... See more...
Hello Everyone. We did the deployment of an VNX 5600 Unified. One of the tasks done was the creation of  a Filesytem initially of 5 TB and a CIFS server and Share were created in a VDM. The Share points to FS/directory1. This activity was done 1 year ago. The data in the FS was growing and today the FS is close to 16 TB. So, we recomended not put more data there, créate a new FS and put new data there. Here come the problem. By the application accesing the Share, they require keep the same Share in order to Access the current FS and the new FS. Can be this possible ? ... .Use the same Share to Access the old FS data and the new FS data ? ... as far i know, i think it's not posible, but, if someone has some similar experience, can say me how we can do this.  Thank you.
Hello Everyone.. Scott and Avi: Just want to let you know, that today we install the curl application in the AIX Server, where the snapshots volumes are being presented and I used the instr... See more...
Hello Everyone.. Scott and Avi: Just want to let you know, that today we install the curl application in the AIX Server, where the snapshots volumes are being presented and I used the instructions provide by the API guide and the Scott blogs. Then I add the api instructions with curl to the script where all process is executed: shutdown of database, shutdown asm, etc.. we did three tests and everything is working very very fine... Really easy to use REST API with XtremIO ... Thank  you so very much for your comments here .. they were very helpful and the best I have script working with XtremIO.
Hello All.. Please, now're in the final part of implementation of a XtremIO 1 Brick. Customer has Spectrum Software like Monitoring.  We've sent the MIB to the administrators of Spectrum and c... See more...
Hello All.. Please, now're in the final part of implementation of a XtremIO 1 Brick. Customer has Spectrum Software like Monitoring.  We've sent the MIB to the administrators of Spectrum and configured the SNMP in order to send notifications to Spectrum. But, I have an e-mail back saying that they need the a table with OID and event associated ... I can't find anything like that ... We have such as thing  available ? .. Thank you.
Hi Avi: Yes ... now I have two sources:  the First  mentioned by you: RestAPI guide  and  the provided by Scott: https://blog.docbert.org/xtremio-snapshot-refresh/ I should say, that I'm ... See more...
Hi Avi: Yes ... now I have two sources:  the First  mentioned by you: RestAPI guide  and  the provided by Scott: https://blog.docbert.org/xtremio-snapshot-refresh/ I should say, that I'm not expert using API.. but I have a good experience with shell scripting. So i'll do my best effort. Thank you ...
Thank you Scott, so much . Yes, we already, have the script with all the steps and command in order to get the database down and vg deactivated before to do the refresh of the snapshot. Actual... See more...
Thank you Scott, so much . Yes, we already, have the script with all the steps and command in order to get the database down and vg deactivated before to do the refresh of the snapshot. Actually, the script was being used previously with RecoverPoint Instructions.. So, I'm looking for the best "method" to include in the script the instructions for the refreshing of the XtremIO snapshot  set. Looks like CLI, would be the recommended. The script has been running from an AIX Server. Question:   Could use XtremIO API in an AIX Server ... is there any procedure or document describing that process ?? .. Thank you in advance
Hello Everyone: The last week, we create an Consistency Group and a Snapshot set for him. The Snapshots volumes were presented to AIX Test  Server and customer could recognize the snapshot vol... See more...
Hello Everyone: The last week, we create an Consistency Group and a Snapshot set for him. The Snapshots volumes were presented to AIX Test  Server and customer could recognize the snapshot volumes in the OS and start up the Oracle DB. Now, Customer is asking a refresh of the snapshot. In the last two days,  we did tests with the refresh option in the GUI for the Snapshot Set and everything worked so very well. The only point, is that we don't see any option to schedule the refresh of the snapshot set .... I did a SR and the answer was "not possible schedule a refresh of snapshot", only possible by demand using the GUI. We're requiring run the refresh every Sunday at 4:00 am. Somebody, can say me if there is any way to schedule the refresh by cron using CLI ? ... or any other method ?? Thank you in advance for your help.