mugenkin's Posts

mugenkin's Posts

Thanks everyone ..... That's what I am planning to do from Exchange system manager GUI to create RSG and I found this URL http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH297... See more...
Thanks everyone ..... That's what I am planning to do from Exchange system manager GUI to create RSG and I found this URL http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH29719  From the URL in steps 1 to 6 in first session "To create a Recovery Storage Group".    In step 5 and 6, what database it is refering to add to RSG for recover?  We have only two stores... Mailbox store and Public folder store.  In that case, are they refering to adding Mailbox store to the RSG?  If I understand correctly, I will start NMM to run recovery mailbox after I add create RSG and add our first Mailbox store to RSG? Thanks.
Hi, No, What is the required SG?  I just learned that I need to create RSG in Exchange 2003 first. But how to create RSG in Exchange 2003? I read the NMM 2.3 application in page 139 for creati... See more...
Hi, No, What is the required SG?  I just learned that I need to create RSG in Exchange 2003 first. But how to create RSG in Exchange 2003? I read the NMM 2.3 application in page 139 for creating RSG and add target to database.  It said for Exchange 2007? and asking to go to start menu to launch Exchange management shell which I was not able to find from my Exchange 2003. Is there other way I could create RSG and add target to database?
Hi, Here is what we are running. Exchange server 2003 on Windows server 2003 R2 SP2 with Networker client 7.6.5.2 and NMM 2.3 Networker server version 8.1.1.5 on Windows server 2008 R2 ... See more...
Hi, Here is what we are running. Exchange server 2003 on Windows server 2003 R2 SP2 with Networker client 7.6.5.2 and NMM 2.3 Networker server version 8.1.1.5 on Windows server 2008 R2 We have been backup the Application: Microsoft Exchange writer. However, When I launched NMM 2.3,and select "Recover/Exchange recover session" from the left hand side menu, it showed "Logs, Mailbox store and Public folder store" on the right hand side. I do not see any option to restore RSG mailbox or folder. Does anyone know how am I able to restore a folder in a user mailbox? Also, when I check the Mailbox store and click "Recover...." button. It will pop up a windows and I can click the "Start recover" button. What does it really do if I click "Start recover" button? Is it going to overwrite my existing Exchange database and recover the whole Exchange database for Mailbox store and Public folder store?   I read the NW document it said Exchange 2003 backup with Exchange writer will be able to restore a mailbox but I could not able to see such option to do it. Any advice is very appreciated. Thanks.
What does DD mean? But other volumes are mount successfully. In fact, I have been trying to mount the volume since 8 hours ago but still getting the same error message....
Followed your tips and found it. It is UNMOUNT and the Volume name column field is empty. But got error message when I right click to mount it.  Error "Monitor device operation in progress on xxx... See more...
Followed your tips and found it. It is UNMOUNT and the Volume name column field is empty. But got error message when I right click to mount it.  Error "Monitor device operation in progress on xxxxxxxx volume"   The volume is Enable. Anyway to try to mount it and restore data? Thanks in advance.
Hi, Where I can find the volume is mounted or not? The Window backup server has Networker User 8.0.1.1 and Networker Management Console. From Networker Administration/Media button/Disk Volumes... See more...
Hi, Where I can find the volume is mounted or not? The Window backup server has Networker User 8.0.1.1 and Networker Management Console. From Networker Administration/Media button/Disk Volumes/  I see the volume and it is in "appendable" mode.
Hi, We have a EMC Data Domain and running Networker Windows client version 8.0.1.1 When we tried to recover data from a server. It pop up a Windows warning message "Required volumes are not a... See more...
Hi, We have a EMC Data Domain and running Networker Windows client version 8.0.1.1 When we tried to recover data from a server. It pop up a Windows warning message "Required volumes are not all online"  I clicked OK to proceed the recovery anyway. But the recovery failed with the following message... 53365 winworkr. NSR server 'Server' busy 71739 winworkr Warning: Required volume 'xxxx.001''s status is off-line 71740 winworkr: Waiting 30 seconds then retrying I tried to chagne different date to recovery but all still getting the same error.  Anyone knows what is the problem and what can we do to fix it?