cdntekkie's Posts

cdntekkie's Posts

I've tried everything, but without the original flare mid file which was deleted when I booted into UP, I'm resorted to cloning the 4 vault disks from my working array and hoping I can boot into ... See more...
I've tried everything, but without the original flare mid file which was deleted when I booted into UP, I'm resorted to cloning the 4 vault disks from my working array and hoping I can boot into UP and reimage it...
If you search hard enough you can find the pdf for restore/reimage.
On one of my lab systems I'm reloading to block only, I boot into the recovery partition but the RAMdisk it made is 2.5GB which won't fit the FLARE.mif file or recoveryimage... on the working one... See more...
On one of my lab systems I'm reloading to block only, I boot into the recovery partition but the RAMdisk it made is 2.5GB which won't fit the FLARE.mif file or recoveryimage... on the working one the RAMdisk is 2.8GB. Anyone seen this? do I need to upgrade the utility partition? I think it's an older one.
it wont let me pm you for some reason, shoot me your email somehow so we can stop spamming these folks lol.
you'll need the enabler files for any feature you wish to use, I can't remember if block is included automatically or not - I'll be reloading one of my arrays this weekend Ill let you know.
It takes about 45 minutes, you should only have one SP seated while reimaging. They both connect to the same vault disks so once the first one is working and you can connect to it via unisphere t... See more...
It takes about 45 minutes, you should only have one SP seated while reimaging. They both connect to the same vault disks so once the first one is working and you can connect to it via unisphere then you can reseat the second storage processor and itll boot up and update on its own.
Hi there, I have worked on this way too much lately so I'm sure I can help. So you have rebooted the SP with the serial attached, and hit CTRL-C during POST  when it's doing the alphabet and i... See more...
Hi there, I have worked on this way too much lately so I'm sure I can help. So you have rebooted the SP with the serial attached, and hit CTRL-C during POST  when it's doing the alphabet and it acknowledged your ctrl-c and then it boots and sits at extended read 4000 or so? (you should unseat one of your storage processors during this process, if youre attached to SPA right now, try unseating it and do the process with SPB).
So I have reimaged and updated my VNX5300 (out of support) to latest FLARE 32.000.5.249, and it still doesn't seem to support any of the many Ethernet modules I insert, so I can run iSCSI and san... See more...
So I have reimaged and updated my VNX5300 (out of support) to latest FLARE 32.000.5.249, and it still doesn't seem to support any of the many Ethernet modules I insert, so I can run iSCSI and sancopy over ethernet. I have this problem with all of my lab arrays it seems, regardless of software version. Surely these cards are supported by the latest software, what am I doing wrong here? Card p/ns 303-195-100c-01 (dual SFP 10g modules) and 303-121-100a (4xgig Ethernet) - I have tried 6 of these modules, same thing. I put in a 4x8gbFC module and it said Present - so the card slots seems to be fine... 4GB FC said Not Supported. I'm hoping there's just some enabler or something I am missing, pls help if you've seen this before.
The system is reimaged... SPa boots up fine now. In the end I needed to use SPb to run the utility partition to do the reimage.
SPB is reloaded now to factory defaults, but SPa was stuck still. Will be working on that today.
Can I change the array from unified to block only without a re-image? that's my goal. I have no use for unified. I installed the utilitypartition-x.x.x.pbu file via ndu -install and then tried... See more...
Can I change the array from unified to block only without a re-image? that's my goal. I have no use for unified. I installed the utilitypartition-x.x.x.pbu file via ndu -install and then tried again and this time it's booted into the utility partition... so it must have been missing or corrupted... I'll await your answer on the first question though, as I have 5 arrays I want to make block from unified.
I mean that it's booted up currently into "normal" mode where I can reach it via unisphere on https, it just won't seem to boot into the utility partition so I can reimage it. Is there a way to r... See more...
I mean that it's booted up currently into "normal" mode where I can reach it via unisphere on https, it just won't seem to boot into the utility partition so I can reimage it. Is there a way to re-install the utility partition using ndu or something? I know I just upgraded the Block OE to the latest version but I didnt do anything to the utility partition. The end result I want is for the array to be completely reimaged from scratch, if there's some way to do that from a booted system possibly through the remotelyanywhere sessions on the SPs then that would be fine too!
I tried it with SPA only and SPB removed, and with both SPs installed. No matter what I do it always stops there at the int 4000 or 4200 line. I left it for half a day with no change.
System is out of warranty and a lab system, its working but i want to reload the image on it because some configuration won't let me delete it. I boot it up with serial cable attached, and hit... See more...
System is out of warranty and a lab system, its working but i want to reload the image on it because some configuration won't let me delete it. I boot it up with serial cable attached, and hit ctrl-c and per "Backrev Array" solution it's supposed to do a Minisetup and reboot a few times. It never reboots it just sits at the " int13 - EXTENDED READ (4000)" and never goes further. I rebooted it manually myself and try to start the process again but I just get this... any ideas? ABCDabcdEFabcd  << Stopping after POST >>  GabcdefHabcdefIabcdefJabcdeKLabMabNabOabcPQRSTUVWabXYabZAABBCCabDDabcEEabcFFabcGGabcHHabcIIabJJabKKLLMMNNOOPPQQRRSSTTUUVVWWXX ************************************************************ *                 Extended POST Messages ************************************************************ INFORMATION: POST Start INFORMATION: MCU Operating mode changed from Linux to Clariion INFORMATION: PSB not present ************************************************************ EndTime: 10/28/2018 15:29:59 .... Storage System Failure - Contact your Service Representative ... ******* Enclosure: 0x0008000B : Added to Table Motherboard: 0x00130009 : Added to Table Memory: 0x00000001 DIMM 0: 0x00000001 DIMM 1: 0x00000001 DIMM 2: 0x00000001 Mezzanine: 0x00100007 I/O Module 0: 0x00000001 : Added to Table I/O Module 1: 0x00000001 : Added to Table Power Supply A: 0x000B0014 Power Supply B: 0x00000001 0x00130009: MCU 0540 0x00130009: CMDAPP 0504 0x00130009: CMDTABLE 0096 0x00130009: CMDBOOT 0002 0x00130009: PLX 0305 0x000B0014: PS FW 0027 Checksum valid Relocating Data Directory Boot Service (DDBS: Rev. 05.03)... DDBS: K10_REBOOT_DATA: Count = 1 DDBS: K10_REBOOT_DATA: State = 0 DDBS: K10_REBOOT_DATA: ForceDegradedMode = 0 DDBS: **** WARNING: SP rebooted unexpectedly before completing MiniSetup on the Utility Partition. DDBS: MDDE (Rev 600) on disk 1 DDBS: MDDE (Rev 600) on disk 3 DDBS: MDB read from both disks. DDBS: Chassis and disk WWN seeds match. DDBS: First disk is valid for boot. DDBS: Second disk is valid for boot. Utility Partition image (0x0040000F) located at sector LBA 0x1453D802 Disk Set: 1 3 Total Sectors: 0x013BA000 Relative Sectors: 0x00000800 Calculated mirror drive geometry: Sectors: 63 Heads: 255 Cylinders: 1287 Capacity: 20686848 sectors Total Sectors: 0x013BA000 Relative Sectors: 0x00000800 Calculated mirror drive geometry: Sectors: 63 Heads: 255 Cylinders: 1287 Capacity: 20686848 sectors Stopping USB UHCI Controller... Stopping USB UHCI Controller... EndTime: 10/28/2018 15:33:37 int13 - RESET (1) int13 - CHECK EXTENSIONS PRESENT (3) int13 - CHECK EXTENSIONS PRESENT (5) int13 - GET DRIVE PARAMETERS (Extended) (6) int13 - EXTENDED READ (200) int13 - EXTENDED READ (400) int13 - EXTENDED READ (600) int13 - READ PARAMETERS (800) int13 - READ PARAMETERS (802) int13 - DRIVE TYPE (803) int13 - CHECK EXTENSIONS PRESENT (804) int13 - GET DRIVE PARAMETERS (Extended) (805) int13 - READ PARAMETERS (806) int13 - EXTENDED WRITE (846) int13 - EXTENDED WRITE (847) int13 - EXTENDED WRITE (848) int13 - READ PARAMETERS (964) int13 - DRIVE TYPE (965) int13 - CHECK EXTENSIONS PRESENT (966) int13 - GET DRIVE PARAMETERS (Extended) (967) int13 - READ PARAMETERS (968) int13 - EXTENDED WRITE (997) int13 - EXTENDED WRITE (998) int13 - EXTENDED WRITE (999) int13 - EXTENDED READ (1000) int13 - EXTENDED WRITE (1012) int13 - EXTENDED WRITE (1013) int13 - EXTENDED WRITE (1014) int13 - EXTENDED READ (1200) int13 - EXTENDED READ (1400) int13 - EXTENDED READ (1600) int13 - EXTENDED READ (1800) int13 - EXTENDED READ (2000) int13 - EXTENDED READ (2200) int13 - EXTENDED READ (2400) int13 - EXTENDED READ (2600) int13 - EXTENDED READ (2800) int13 - EXTENDED READ (3000) int13 - EXTENDED READ (3200) int13 - EXTENDED READ (3400) int13 - EXTENDED READ (3600) int13 - EXTENDED READ (3800) int13 - EXTENDED READ (4000) It doesn't seem to ever go past this... so I cannot move on to the next steps in the solution. any help or experience with this would be much appreciated! -M
Unfortunately you cannot remove a storage pool or raid group where the disks contained are marked "Removed"... so far... Im going to try to reload the software on the array today.
I have a bunch of lab unified systems and I don't require file at all, don't want the data movers, don't even need the control station. Is there a way I can revert the SPs back to Block mode with... See more...
I have a bunch of lab unified systems and I don't require file at all, don't want the data movers, don't even need the control station. Is there a way I can revert the SPs back to Block mode without the nuclear option of reinstalling the SPs from scratch? The goal is so I can put my NICs from the data movers into the SPs and run iSCSI, that's all I need without all the bulk of the additional wiring and cabling. (Currently I put the cards in and it says incompatible for some reason, maybe because it's unified I figure) I was thinking of trying to uninstall "UnisphereFile" from the SPs but would prefer some guidance first. Thanks! M
It seems like you can only connect USM to the main IP of the controlstation if it's unified, not either of the SPs...
Yes, I can bring up unisphere and I can access via the navicli.
I should note that these SPs were part of a unified system. The control unit is gone but they still work for block stuff fine, just want to put some enablers on.
I have he same issue with one of my units. the disks say "removed" and even in commandline I couldnt get it to delete anything using the engineering password. I think the only solution is to w... See more...
I have he same issue with one of my units. the disks say "removed" and even in commandline I couldnt get it to delete anything using the engineering password. I think the only solution is to wipe/reload the storage system tbh, someone else may have some options. M