Julien_LECORRE's Posts

Julien_LECORRE's Posts

Thanks. Have found it by myself but your explanation is more clear
Hi, I try to find a step by step procedure in order integrate UNITY under VPLEX AMP/VIAS but found nothing. I have done it several time for VNX with the help of White Paper but doesn't work f... See more...
Hi, I try to find a step by step procedure in order integrate UNITY under VPLEX AMP/VIAS but found nothing. I have done it several time for VNX with the help of White Paper but doesn't work for unity. Any tips will be useful Found the solution Unity is the SMI Provider / Needs to set Port in 5989 instead of 5988 [default in the GUI] / Must activate SSL I think that VPLEX documentation in not up to date regarding this point.... Message was edited by: Julien_LECORRE
Hi, Yes it is possible. It is the only "cross connect" backend configuration allow.
Does this other hard drive are GPT or MBR ?
Hi Echo, It works !!. My problem was inside the General Windows // Run wheter the user is log or not... Thanks for your help !!
Hi Rich, I have try different settings and still have some issue. I probably miss something regarding this point : Applying a new network configuration in Windows An example of how to mana... See more...
Hi Rich, I have try different settings and still have some issue. I probably miss something regarding this point : Applying a new network configuration in Windows An example of how to manage your network configurations in Windows 2008 and 2012. Procedure 1. Download the relevant glue script from the RecoverPoint for VMs page on the EMC ECN network. On the production VM, add the glue script to the registry by creating a key called IP in the registry path and adding the full path of the script. For example: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ 3. Navigate to Protection > Consistency Groups, expand the desired consistency group, and select the relevant copy. 4. Click the Edit Copy Network Configuration icon and click Save as… to export the current network configuration to a CSV file. I have set the following registry key : Is there something misconfigured ??
Hi, If you have no warning during checkup process then : First don't care of warning for Recoverpoint cluster IP. Do not put your temporary RPA1 IP. Then take care if you have clone you... See more...
Hi, If you have no warning during checkup process then : First don't care of warning for Recoverpoint cluster IP. Do not put your temporary RPA1 IP. Then take care if you have clone your first RPA for 2nd RPA deployment in my case temporary IP was not set...
Hi Rich, Thanks for the video. I will try on RHEL VM like the video on my old RPA configuration. However some video seems to be no so accurate when i try to install new set of RPA cluster :... See more...
Hi Rich, Thanks for the video. I will try on RHEL VM like the video on my old RPA configuration. However some video seems to be no so accurate when i try to install new set of RPA cluster : Example for 4.3.1 deployment demo : In real world deployment : I have try different release : 4.3.SP1.P1_h.192 4.3.SP1_h.152 In all case same behaviour regarding IP settings and cannot perform the cluster installation because of this problem : Failed to retrieve datastores:, Bad Request ,could not create proxy for rpa RPA(ip=10.10.70.203... Have you any hint regarding this error (Pre-deployment Validation Results are OK) ?
Hi Keith, I tried to manage RE-IP process for RP4VM but i cannot perform it. Do you have a step by step procedure with capture screen or whatever ? Documentation on this point is really poor... See more...
Hi Keith, I tried to manage RE-IP process for RP4VM but i cannot perform it. Do you have a step by step procedure with capture screen or whatever ? Documentation on this point is really poor...
Hi, I have test it and it seems that it is not fully supported. Hosts are seen as Windows 2012/ Not R2, auto register is not working and you still need to be in Windows 7 mode in order to ins... See more...
Hi, I have test it and it seems that it is not fully supported. Hosts are seen as Windows 2012/ Not R2, auto register is not working and you still need to be in Windows 7 mode in order to install the agent...
Hi Claude, If the root share is the Qtree no problem with CTA migration if the Destination Qtree is empty This means one CTA migration per Qtree, we have currently 2500 Qtree to migrate... I... See more...
Hi Claude, If the root share is the Qtree no problem with CTA migration if the Destination Qtree is empty This means one CTA migration per Qtree, we have currently 2500 Qtree to migrate... It sounds to be a pain to realize that.......
Hi, Not sure if it's the right Support Forum... I need to have some feedback regarding File Migration with the last version of CTA [V9.0] My Source FS contains some Tree Quota that i need to... See more...
Hi, Not sure if it's the right Support Forum... I need to have some feedback regarding File Migration with the last version of CTA [V9.0] My Source FS contains some Tree Quota that i need to reproduce on Destination FS. Unfortunately if i recreate the Tree Quota on destination FS, i cannot launch migration session becaus the CTA detect that the Destination FS is not empty for the first full migration. Maybe there is a trick in order to keep Tree Quota on destination side but not found it yet... I have found a primus emc115556 regarding the server_archive command and how keeping tree quota unfortunately primus is often down since several week...
Some hints : You cannot perform incremental SAN Copy with third party storage Be sure that you have no more LUN Masking to the host for this LUN on the XP12000. Check the source and destinat... See more...
Some hints : You cannot perform incremental SAN Copy with third party storage Be sure that you have no more LUN Masking to the host for this LUN on the XP12000. Check the source and destination BLOCK size.If you are not sure always put 1 or 2 Mo more on VNX destination LUN
Well we currently use a DFS root... So not sure GPO is applicable to only one share and furthermore to a DFS Link
Some customer who has replication enable and wish to have the snapsure option only on some FS and give only for this FS user access to SCFS. In those case user still have access to SCFS to all r... See more...
Some customer who has replication enable and wish to have the snapsure option only on some FS and give only for this FS user access to SCFS. In those case user still have access to SCFS to all replicate FS even if it is not "snapsure" FS.
Hi Claude, I have already check the parameters guide and haven't found a param that can do that. Maybe there is some workaround but i haven't found yet...
Hi, Is there a way to hide the replication checkpoint from the previous version tab ?
Hi, We have implement this kind of solution with VNX5500 and DPM2012 RC. And we run into a LOT of problems ! Here is first what you need in order to start your configuration: The EMC Ha... See more...
Hi, We have implement this kind of solution with VNX5500 and DPM2012 RC. And we run into a LOT of problems ! Here is first what you need in order to start your configuration: The EMC Hardware provider : se7310-WINDOWS-x64-VSS.exe The Unisphere CLI :NaviCLI-Win-32-x86-en_US-7.31.30.0.90-1.exe Have the local protection license/Snapview Snapshot license for VNX Create a RLP for your SNAP Space Best Practice: If Boot On San do NOT install the EMC Hardware Provider on C: Create your RLP in dedicated disk Do not install Powerpath fot this kind of configuration Now useful document : Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ T-Z ~ Documentation > VSS Provider Primus emc107717 and emc202636 for RLP Now just a resume of different kind of error we encounter : ou have also some registry key in order to tune your DPM server. One of the most important one is the MaxAllowedParallelBackups which ios set to 3 by default starting DPM2010.
Hi, I have currently some issue after a replication switchover of a FS that was configured as Standalone DFS Root. I have lost all the link that were previously set under the DFS Management C... See more...
Hi, I have currently some issue after a replication switchover of a FS that was configured as Standalone DFS Root. I have lost all the link that were previously set under the DFS Management Console. I have check under the dfsroot of FS and see that all my link were good and the same as the source : [root@frdplipcs2 dfs01]# pwd /nas/quota/slot_3/root_vdm_22/fs_dfs01/.etc/dfs/netbios/FRDPLIPDFS01/dfs01 [root@frdplipcs2 dfs01]# ls -al | more total 4736 d--------- 2 root bin 47104 Mar 20 11:16 . d--------- 3 root bin    80 Jan  4  2010 .. ---------- 1 root bin    36 Jan  4  2010 dfsroot ---------- 1 root bin   382 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089ad831f8b7 ---------- 1 root bin   390 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089ae10ed0bb ---------- 1 root bin   362 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089ae5bb5ed1 ---------- 1 root bin   370 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089aea87bcc6 ---------- 1 root bin   330 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089af0151c88 ---------- 1 root bin   286 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089af593b05c ---------- 1 root bin   370 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089aff90cccf ---------- 1 root bin   338 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089b05a66119 ---------- 1 root bin   350 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089b0ad787be ---------- 1 root bin   438 Jan  4  2010 link.0x4b42647a.0x000e089b0f9bb605 Is there a way to get more information on those link ? I have seen that there is some registry regarding DFS on CIFS server. I have found some information on someone but not on this one : Do you have any information regarding this registry key ? Furthermore is there a documentation which have a description of all the registry key available on VDM CIFS Server ?
Hi jose, The RLP is space only for block that was change on your source LUN. So has EMC always says : it depends... !  If your application that use this LUN has a lot of modifcation on al... See more...
Hi jose, The RLP is space only for block that was change on your source LUN. So has EMC always says : it depends... !  If your application that use this LUN has a lot of modifcation on all the tracks then maybe 20% is not enough. In real life 20% is enough in the most case. I suggest you to make 5 Lun of 10 Go on each SP for the RLP instead of one. In those case you will be able to see in real life the consumption of data in 24 hours for your application if it's less than 10% you can reuse some of the lun for data and not for RLP.