DrFritz1's Posts

DrFritz1's Posts

That's correct.  If you do an 'mtree list' on the putty screen -- you should see your mtrees pretty much identical.  There may be a small discrepancy because there are some hidden snapshots from ... See more...
That's correct.  If you do an 'mtree list' on the putty screen -- you should see your mtrees pretty much identical.  There may be a small discrepancy because there are some hidden snapshots from the fastcopy -- but you should see the size just about identical.  Personally, i like to do a directory listing from another host of the two locations and match the number of files and sizes. Glad this helped!  -Brian
Dennis,       There's a command (via Putty or another SSH tool) on the Data Domain called "Fastcopy".  You simply issue the command "filesys fastcopy source /data/col1/backup/dd1 destination /da... See more...
Dennis,       There's a command (via Putty or another SSH tool) on the Data Domain called "Fastcopy".  You simply issue the command "filesys fastcopy source /data/col1/backup/dd1 destination /data/col1/my_new_mtree/dd2 -- this will make a copy "on the system" of the DD1 folder and place a copy under your "my_new_mtree".  The great part is -- it's all deduplicated - so it'll take up VERY LITTLE space because it's just a bunch of pointers.  Hope this helps... -Brian
Is it possible? the answer is yes... However, keep in mind the DDBoost storage-unit should only be used for writes thru the NFS protocol.  It is "ok" to access the SU for reads via CIFS/NFS... bu... See more...
Is it possible? the answer is yes... However, keep in mind the DDBoost storage-unit should only be used for writes thru the NFS protocol.  It is "ok" to access the SU for reads via CIFS/NFS... but when you have read/write access for various protocols -- you may see some issues with permissions.  Nothing that can't be remedied.
Stephanbeck,      Hope you're doing well.  Noticed your question regarding licenses.  you can hit me directly at brian.fritz@dell.com should you need to.  Over the last year the Data Domain a... See more...
Stephanbeck,      Hope you're doing well.  Noticed your question regarding licenses.  you can hit me directly at brian.fritz@dell.com should you need to.  Over the last year the Data Domain appliances have changed from a legacy license code (XYZA-ABCD-ADDF-ADFD-DFDF) (or 20 digit code) to eLMS.  The easiest way to find out which one you have is to log into the Data Domain with putty and issue the command "license show all" or "elicense show all" -- that will pretty much give you. Legacy will show:  Scheme is Data Domain licensing. ELMS will show: Scheme is EMC Electronic License Management System (ELMS). Next... you'll need to use your Serial Number and go to the Licensing.emc.com site and you'll be able to see your entitlements.  If you click on Entitlements and then enter your LAC (should have been an email/paper with your system) -- that should list out what you need. Hope this helps...if you need anything, do not hesitate. Brian
A couple of things: 1.  You can type "disk show state" from a putty screen to see the available drives 2. If you have available drives, you can use the "storage add tier active ...." command ... See more...
A couple of things: 1.  You can type "disk show state" from a putty screen to see the available drives 2. If you have available drives, you can use the "storage add tier active ...." command to add the appropriate drives 3. Then once you've added the drives to the tier, you can use 'filesys expand' to expand the filesystem.
Backup Exec 16 is supported on Windows 2008 however, you may want to check a couple of things: BUE 16 on MS Windows 2008 (x64)  w/VTL  - you'll want to use Data Domain 5.7.4.0 with one of the ... See more...
Backup Exec 16 is supported on Windows 2008 however, you may want to check a couple of things: BUE 16 on MS Windows 2008 (x64)  w/VTL  - you'll want to use Data Domain 5.7.4.0 with one of the following combinations:      DD VTL with HP LTO Native OS/Symantec Drivers      DD VTL with IBM LTO: Native OS/Symantec Drivers      RESTORER-L180 with HP LTO: Native OS/Symantec drivers Typically if the BUE queued status comes in -- it just indicates a communication issue which points us in the direction of the drivers.
The C-10GBTM4P which is the 10GBase T I/O Module with 4 ports can auto negotiate down to 1GbE. There are other NIC cards that cannot do this like the optical, SAS and FC cards.