Bhakti1's Posts

Bhakti1's Posts

A subdirectory under smartlocked directory was deleted which also replicated to DR every night to another smarlocked directory. The issue is: When I deleted the committed folder on prod cluster, ... See more...
A subdirectory under smartlocked directory was deleted which also replicated to DR every night to another smarlocked directory. The issue is: When I deleted the committed folder on prod cluster, the synciq policy for smartlock fails as it cant delete the DR folder which is autocommited. What can the solution be for me to delete the folder on DR cluster (the ones deleted from prod's smartlock folder) and then have my synciq running as nomal?
So when we apply user quotas let's say under /ifs/home where all user folders reside, it also accounts for files owned by an user under /ifs/data too? Bhakti Vora Phone: 646-447-4752 Cel... See more...
So when we apply user quotas let's say under /ifs/home where all user folders reside, it also accounts for files owned by an user under /ifs/data too? Bhakti Vora Phone: 646-447-4752 Cell : 646-734-2887 Server and Storage Engineering Department Alternate Contact: SSEngineering@emblemhealth.com Information Systems – Technology
Dynamox why did you choose directory quota over user ? From the pros and cons of both, I feel user quotas does everything that directory quotas does plus it's automated. Just curious to know the ... See more...
Dynamox why did you choose directory quota over user ? From the pros and cons of both, I feel user quotas does everything that directory quotas does plus it's automated. Just curious to know the reasons behind going for user quotas. Bhakti Vora Phone: 646-447-4752 Cell : 646-734-2887 Server and Storage Engineering Department Alternate Contact: SSEngineering@emblemhealth.com Information Systems – Technology
Is the same feature available with User Quotas?
Thanks for responding to my question. If we apply directory quotas, will this be a one time thing? or we apply quota every time we have a new user join the company? Also do you know if we could m... See more...
Thanks for responding to my question. If we apply directory quotas, will this be a one time thing? or we apply quota every time we have a new user join the company? Also do you know if we could make exceptions on the limit to few users, eg: executives have bigger quotas than that of other employees?
We migrated the home folders from Celerra to Isilon over a year ago. In the process if migrations we as admins had to take ownership of the files to migrate. We recently enables smartquotas on h... See more...
We migrated the home folders from Celerra to Isilon over a year ago. In the process if migrations we as admins had to take ownership of the files to migrate. We recently enables smartquotas on home folders and see very off results. If we see the report on smart quotas by user, it doesn't match the top 10 directories that I see otherwise. Our thought is this is due to file ownership under individual folders. As administrators we own many files of various users and can get to accurate information thus failing in our effort to apply quotas. Is there an easy way to apply ownerships to the respective users ?
What is the patch number that couple be applied to 7.1.1.2? We are planning on applying Patch 146974 next week. Can we apply 2 patches one after the other?
I had the same error when creating a SMB share and it did not create the share. I tired it again to save and create the share and it created. Seems to be a intermittent issue. Our Isilon version ... See more...
I had the same error when creating a SMB share and it did not create the share. I tired it again to save and create the share and it created. Seems to be a intermittent issue. Our Isilon version is 7.1.1.2.
We have an open case with EMC. And as of now we have lost that data. Trying to see if anyone out there is affected in a similar way? Bhakti Vora
2 days ago we created a storage pool and started to migrate luns from a different storage pool. Next day we had multiple drive failed which belonged to that Storage Pool and the Storage Pool alon... See more...
2 days ago we created a storage pool and started to migrate luns from a different storage pool. Next day we had multiple drive failed which belonged to that Storage Pool and the Storage Pool along with the Luns in that pool shows online. Has anyone out there experienced something like this?
Can we check on which user is using a specfic file type? pictures or video or .bak files?  Users exceeding advisory quotas and soft quotas?
Does 7.2 bring any new reporting options? Especially around smartquotas?
Dynamox - Thanks for your reply. We have a pool on a VNX 8000 in which we have some 35 luns, which currently are all assigned to SPA inspite some of them have default owner as SPB. Considering... See more...
Dynamox - Thanks for your reply. We have a pool on a VNX 8000 in which we have some 35 luns, which currently are all assigned to SPA inspite some of them have default owner as SPB. Considering its active - active, do I need to tresspass the luns to its default owner?  
I know EMC recommends that once a Lun is created, we must not manually change its ownership. If we want that Lun on other SP's ownership, then we must migrate it from old lun to a new lun which h... See more...
I know EMC recommends that once a Lun is created, we must not manually change its ownership. If we want that Lun on other SP's ownership, then we must migrate it from old lun to a new lun which has desired ownership. Does any one know why does EMC not recommend changing its ownership manually?
No we do not use dedupe.
We found out from our EMC rep that there is a limit on storage pools and it is 3000TB. Not sure what calculations go into this to get that number.
Thanks Jim, I did read the limits on disks and luns per pool. But need to confirm if they have limits of capacity per pool too.
What is the maximun size of a storage pool on a VNX8000? We are already at 42 TB and have a need to grouw further.
After my first post, we had 2 of our nodes have lwio crash. Seems EMC support have escalated this to engineer right now
Has any one upgraded their Isilon cluster to 7.1.0.2 and experiencing the smb services restart on nodes making smb shares disconnect and reconnect on other nodes? We have experienced this followi... See more...
Has any one upgraded their Isilon cluster to 7.1.0.2 and experiencing the smb services restart on nodes making smb shares disconnect and reconnect on other nodes? We have experienced this following upgrdading the cluster to 7.1.0.2 the node experiences lwio service restart on the node which inturn makes the SMB services restart. EMC says they dont have such known issue yet, any one else sailing in the same boat?